• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Bitconnect was a scam coin that finally fell apart last week. Lost 95% of it value in just hours. People lost their life savings, Mortgaged their homes, took out loans. It is a complete disaster. They held an event for people to tell their story on how bitconnect made them rich. Carlos Matos was a guy on stage and I can't even begin to explain how it went. You have to see it yourself. Wasa wasa wasa wasa wasup!!! Funny but very sad how it all ended for holders.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Bitconnect was a scam coin that finally fell apart last week. Lost 95% of it value in just hours. People lost their life savings, Mortgaged their homes, took out loans. It is a complete disaster. They held an event for people to tell their story on how bitconnect made them rich. Carlos Matos was a guy on stage and I can't even begin to explain how it went. You have to see it yourself. Wasa wasa wasa wasa wasup!!! Funny but very sad how it all ended for holders.

It was certainly a scam. I put a little money in, and barely came out with a net positive. Though, if I had simply put the money in BTC, I would have been up significantly more.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    It was certainly a scam. I put a little money in, and barely came out with a net positive. Though, if I had simply put the money in BTC, I would have been up significantly more.

wow you are one of the lucky ones. Good thing you didn't go all in. They always say diversify your portfolio. I see what looks like a good coin and I get the urge to go all in but I know that is very risky.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Love the new pic. Is that the GOA coin mascot. He is a happy fellow.

paul poteet’s son made him for me. He originally had a Jamaican flag on shirt but then printcraft added the chain for me with GoA symbol. Today I added CRC. I hope to add MUN to him next week. I’ll add the symbol of masternodes I have but i don’t have CRC yet, but I wanted to do the logo :D

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Working out a system for nicehash. I spent 0.115btc and mined 0.133btc worth of coin. Now to get all that in my wallet and repeat again tomorrow :)

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Is that a per day mining return?

I'm going to mine KMD. Looks like a good coin. I'll try to figure it out this week. I will mine to hold this coin. Should have a good return this year.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    **** like this will definitely not help the relationship between gamers/enthusiasts and miners.

JsX8UsX.jpg

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    If they put those up on eBay you are looking at about $200 min profit per card. Good for them. They did the leg work to get them.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If they put those up on eBay you are looking at about $200 min profit per card. Good for them. They did the leg work to get them.

Where do you think that stands morally?

If I had the money to go to every Indiana gun store and buy up every gun (somehow, without being red-flagged)... is it moral of me to then, during a shortage, post them up on INGO for +20% value?

Is it "good for me" for doing the legwork?

It's okay to be interested in a thing (crypto-mining) but still see fault in the actions of the few (mass purchasing of GPUs)

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Where do you think that stands morally?

If I had the money to go to every Indiana gun store and buy up every gun (somehow, without being red-flagged)... is it moral of me to then, during a shortage, post them up on INGO for +20% value?

Is it "good for me" for doing the legwork?

It's okay to be interested in a thing (crypto-mining) but still see fault in the actions of the few (mass purchasing of GPUs)

Yes it would be very good for you. That's what capitalism is all about. As long as we are not talking about a national emergency. Anyone one else could have taken the time and effort to Do what they did. Instead they lost out by not doing it and complaining.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yes it would be very good for you. That's what capitalism is all about. As long as we are not talking about a national emergency. Anyone one else could have taken the time and effort to Do what they did. Instead they lost out by not doing it and complaining.

Not denying that it's certainly a thing that anyone can do.

But it's still ****ty, is it not?

Do you think I would be praised here on INGO for doing that? "Wow, good for him, go capitalism! I'm glad GPIA thought to do that."

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I would consider it overboard because they acquired every card from the microcenters. Unfortunately capitalism and morality don't go hand in hand in this world we choose to live in. Just ask wall street. I won't hate on them and I won't pass judgement on them.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would consider it overboard because they acquired every card from the microcenters. Unfortunately capitalism and morality don't go hand in hand in this world we choose to live in. Just ask wall street. I won't hate on them and I won't pass judgement on them.

Then I take it you are not a gamer.

I'm doing my best to stay as close to the middle of this as I can... seeing both side's arguments and concerns. The "extremists" on the gaming/enthusiast side are 100% against miners, praying for a crash, loathe them and blame them. The "extremists" on the crypto side just don't seem to give a ****, and couldn't care less that they're making it very difficult and expensive for normal people to upgrade their computers. I've had to delay my upgrade for the foreseeable future, hoping for something to change. I'm not exactly happy about that. Nor will I be purchasing some half-dead GPU from a broke miner.

I know miners have no obligation to care for the people that they are affecting... but I think gamers have a semi-reasonable view that their hobby is directly being attacked by miners.

There are shortages with many things... and ideally manufacturers can increase production to keep up at some point... but when there's one guy out there buying up 100 NES Classics so he can resell them for 300% markup due to the shortage, I'm still going to call him a c***. Yep, he can do it. It's legal. It's a thing. But he's still a c***.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Not denying that it's certainly a thing that anyone can do.

But it's still ****ty, is it not?

Do you think I would be praised here on INGO for doing that? "Wow, good for him, go capitalism! I'm glad GPIA thought to do that."

Sounds like the .22 LR shortage that resulted in prices over 10 cents per round. Some people justified it to themselves. Others wished a thousand cuts upon the speculators.

Karma can sometimes be nasty.

Top Bottom