• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ups and downs. Maybe time to choose coins with a future instead of random speculation. Hrm...

I've been saying this, but no one has been listening. I'm not worried about the market at all.... at least not for the coins that have good tech. Right now, it's time to buy in. Cheap BTC, LTC, ETH, IOTA, EOS, NEO... all good buys right now. I'll remind, to give perspective, that at the start of this past November, that BTC was $4k lower than it is now.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I've been saying this, but no one has been listening. I'm not worried about the market at all.... at least not for the coins that have good tech. Right now, it's time to buy in. Cheap BTC, LTC, ETH, IOTA, EOS, NEO... all good buys right now. I'll remind, to give perspective, that at the start of this past November, that BTC was $4k lower than it is now.

I also like to add ADA and ICX. I have high hopes for NEO and ICX.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County

And how exactly do you decide or know what has a future and what don't?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And how exactly do you decide or know what has a future and what don't?

Each coin has a thing called a "white paper," which is essentially the creator's vision of the coin. The first white paper was for Bitcoin by Satoshi Nakamoto, so you the early forks, like like coin and some others do not have them due to their similarities to bitcoin. After Ethereum came out, and allowed people to use it's platform to create other coins. Those coins, at least the ones with an actual programming team, and serious intent will have a white paper. The basic rule, for me, is that if it doesn't have a white paper, don't buy. If it copies another coin, don't buy. Only buy things that you see that have value as an application. Most of the crypto out there have no other use than to be a means of payment, depending on the security, anonymity, and use, they might be good buys, but most (99%) aren't.
    I dont mess with anything outside the top 50 coins. There may be up and comers, but the risk is too great (but so is the reward). Eventually, there will probably be 10-20 coins that survive, and all the others will disappear, and their market cap into the others.... so those "winners" will see pretty healthy gains. That's how I go about things.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Modern pump 'n dump?

There are huge groups that do this on exchanges. They give you a 36hr lead to get funds in an exchange and then a few mins before strike time they tell you want to buy and when. They have a stop time and no more buys after that. People see the run and jump on, but stay on while everyone else jumps off.

i found NANU tonight. I was mining it at $25/hr for a bit. Woah! :rockwoot:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

That's a very basic explanation, with apparently either very little understanding of circulating supply and marketcap, or intentional misdirection. While on the surface it statement is true, it doesn't account how relatively small the market was at the time. Now there are "whales" who could certainly influence the price, that influence is diminishing everyday. In my opinion, if the whales haven't taken advantage of their positions (which would make them some of the richest people in the world), then odds are they are either conglomerates or dead (which I've assumed about Satoshi for a long time).

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Crosspost from the frontpage of reddit yesterday :D

+1(800)273-8255 - U.S. National Suicide Hotline

If you feel you might be suicidal, and live in the United States, I urge you to call the Suicide Hotline at 800-273-8255 or navigate to http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ for a live chat and additional resources.

If it's not an emergency, but you want to know more about mental health, the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) offers information on their website https://www.nami.org/ and a free HELPLINE 800-950-6264.

Let others know if you need any other guidance to people who help.

I'll be using the dip to regain my earlier losses on LTC on a bad sell/rebuy.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I went to bed having mined 41.5 NANU coins in 90 mins. I woke up and had 43. Apparently something happened and coins didn’t get transferred to the pool and thus to me :xmad:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    BTC changing really screws with prices of other coins you buy/sell for/with bitcoin. Limit sell orders hit as btc drops but the coin you own Looks like it’s going up. Then you end up with btc that is dropping.

so dang confusing

i am mining several coins that are new and not in market. Hopefully will be good

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    WE'RE BACK ON THE UPSWING.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom