• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    DOA. I was hoping it was the memory but now I have changed everything out so the only thing it can be is the mobo. I have read where this is common for the boards to arrive DOA new right out of the box. Not the best quality control at Asrock. I'm sure they are pumping them out as fast as possible.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I think I have a graphics card or two that is bad. Should be at 720sol/s but only in the low 500s

i’ve mined $568 worth of coin so far. I’ve toasted five SSD HDs though :xmad:

seem to be rolling now. I’m mining Snowgem which isn’t tradable yet. Hoping it will have a decent value when it hits the market

Last edited:

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I'm back in! After walking away from it last night I went back to check all my connections and guess what. Cpu power not in all the way. Stupid mistake. Now to cancel my mobo order and make an ios to load Windows 10.

Doc. 5 HD's? What's up with that? I'm using my first ssd m.2. Never used one of those before.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Those look awesome! I may be using an m.2 for pci-e slot though. I bought some adapters but may not need

i like the idea of no SATA cable or power cable flopping around.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So are you guys just picking random things to mine? Anything with a cap within the top 100? 200?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So are you guys just picking random things to mine? Anything with a cap within the top 100? 200?

It all depends on block reward and whether there’s a market for the coins you mine. My nvidia cards do well on equihash so i’m Mining those. BTCZ mainly, along with some VOT. Now Doing some Snowgem in case they do well.

I now have 18 1080ti mining and two 1070s. Tomorrow 6 more 1080tis arrive. I just had some 1060s show up. I need to figure out how to safely take peripheral power sockets on PSU and power an 8-pin card

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It all depends on block reward and whether there’s a market for the coins you mine. My nvidia cards do well on equihash so i’m Mining those. BTCZ mainly, along with some VOT. Now Doing some Snowgem in case they do well.

I now have 18 1080ti mining and two 1070s. Tomorrow 6 more 1080tis arrive. I just had some 1060s show up. I need to figure out how to safely take peripheral power sockets on PSU and power an 8-pin card

Lol, in a month you'll be starting your own ICO. How about something medical related, similar to Dentacoin?
    https://dentacoin.com

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy

very cool. You are doing it bigly. Soon you will have your own farm. :rockwoot:

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Why aren't the heavyweights in computer power - Amazon, Google etc involved in mining? Or ... are they?

I don't think they want the risk(loss). They claim it is hard to make money in the US mining coins because of energy costs and unstable prices and there is nothing proprietary. You do have many small cap companies that are traded publicly now entering the space......they will be the test pigs. Marathon Patent Group (Ticker MARA) will be the first to prove that you can or can't do it, they ordered 1300 Bitmain S9's and bought another company called Global Bit Ventures that is a mining company that has infrastructure in place. My thinking is, if one of these little companies prove it is profitable....and digital currency catches on, the big dogs will just buy them out or squash them.

Another company that is interesting is SSC, Seven Stars Cloud. DPW Holdings is another company that could be a good one. They have a solid business outside of blockchain but are positioned to make money with blockchain by providing power supplies and such...plus there main business is non blockchain.

Here is an article I read that made a little sense. Just relate blockchain to the internet bubble....there will be some winners (probably very few coins) and a lot of losers..........but some great things will be born from it. It is honestly over my head, too much tech for me...but maybe you would like to read and trry understanding it. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/comes-blockchain-stocks-best-patient-191652117.html

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    been using coinbase for transactions, I invested 150 bucks in "eth" ad am now at $430 dollars in value. the other currencies ive invested in are basically flat. keep in mind my numbers are year to date i started in the first

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    been using coinbase for transactions, I invested 150 bucks in "eth" ad am now at $430 dollars in value. the other currencies ive invested in are basically flat. keep in mind my numbers are year to date i started in the first

You'll do well with Ethereum. Just hold onto it. What are the others your are in?

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    What is the deal with Bit20 BTWTY? 1 coin and worth $650,000 USD..........who owns it and how does it trade with only 1 coin? I take it no single person owns the entire coin....just parts of it?

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Finally up and running with three cards and 1 psu. It's doing about $26 with nicehash. I'm going to let it go 24 hrs get my $26 then add the other 5 cards, psu and tweek. Hope to get it up to $10 a card with nicehash or other mining. I hope no big boys jump in before I bet my investment money back. I have my kill a watt hooked up to calculate what the power consumption is in 24hrs.

i just went back to look at it and now it's a little over $30. I don't know if it's the change in Bitcoin price or what. Guess I'll figure it out.

Just took a peek at it again and it showed $50. That's a wild swing.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom