• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Doc, Idk how much research you put into a coin, but if the Wraith launch is successful, short term we’re looking at $1 a coin, the moon is Bitcoin level pricing. The whole purpose of XVG is to be a faster, easier to use BTC, so investors have high hopes

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Doc, Idk how much research you put into a coin, but if the Wraith launch is successful, short term we’re looking at $1 a coin, the moon is Bitcoin level pricing. The whole purpose of XVG is to be a faster, easier to use BTC, so investors have high hopes

I have high hopes and would do well. Wraith has been promised before and no release so we will see...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

That would require an entire collapse of the world economic system. I can't stress how much market cap and circulating supply should be taken into consideration when trying to predict moonshots. Just a causal look at XVG, I can see that it has circulating supply at 16 billion. That's a hell of a lot of tokens. With the current price of $0.16, conventional wisdom says that it probably has a top in the $5-$10 range, and that's if it's very successful, beating out the likes of other privacy coins like Monero. If Verge increases a thousand times over, it will have above a $2T, and the price at $160. For reference, the entire crypto currency market is less that $600B.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I wondered where you were kut. By the way, your private message inbox is full

I have look at market cap Also. The potential for a particular coin I don't think will exceed 50 to 100 billion. Bitcoin is the leader and probably will be for quite a while

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I wondered where you were kut. By the way, your private message inbox is full

I have look at market cap Also. The potential for a particular coin I don't think will exceed 50 to 100 billion. Bitcoin is the leader and probably will be for quite a while

Oh thanks, I'll clean it out. Yeah, 50-100B seems realistic.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    That would require an entire collapse of the world economic system. I can't stress how much market cap and circulating supply should be taken into consideration when trying to predict moonshots. Just a causal look at XVG, I can see that it has circulating supply at 16 billion. That's a hell of a lot of tokens. With the current price of $0.16, conventional wisdom says that it probably has a top in the $5-$10 range, and that's if it's very successful, beating out the likes of other privacy coins like Monero. If Verge increases a thousand times over, it will have above a $2T, and the price at $160. For reference, the entire crypto currency market is less that $600B.

It took me a few videos before I understood market cap and supply. I would be just fine with $5. No need to be greedy.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Twitter has a few people still saying it's coming this week

Here is a good site I chat on all the time....StockTwits.com. A lot of young people but there are also many professional investors on it. You may want to check it out. I usually get 50% of my stock trades from mentors on that site. Amazing what them people can teach ya if you can separate the BS from reality. Some of these guys make 20-30-40% daily gains by watching charts and learning bots.....way over my head though, I just tag along usually.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    people like hoosierdoc making it harder for gamers like me to get affordable GPUs.

giphy.gif

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    haha, you should only need one GPU every 2 years :rofl:

*I* need 12 every 30 days :D

With the cards I've ordered, I should get at least $80/day in revenue. Currently showing $130/day in zclassic, and that's before the coin doubled...

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    haha, you should only need one GPU every 2 years :rofl:

*I* need 12 every 30 days :D

With the cards I've ordered, I should get at least $80/day in revenue. Currently showing $130/day in zclassic, and that's before the coin doubled...

How about a little show and tell of how you did this, from buying cards, installing and getting started.....plus. do you have any idea what your electric bill will be? I would love to start mining.......but I think that is waaaayyyy over my head.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    GTX 970 has lasted me a decent 3 years or so... Taken everything I've thrown at it, at 2k 144hz no less, as well as all VR stuff.

For my 2018 rebuild, probably save the GPU for last... hoping the 1080 or something similar comes down by the time I'm ready to buy it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    How about a little show and tell of how you did this, from buying cards, installing and getting started.....plus. do you have any idea what your electric bill will be? I would love to start mining.......but I think that is waaaayyyy over my head.

WhatToMine - Crypto coins mining profit calculator compared to Ethereum

this will tell you your power usage estimate based on what cards you are running. on the top you click green to activate NVidia cards and red for radeon, tell it how many of each you have, and click "calculate". Profit changes based on network difficulty and price of the coin

My wife and I talked about the rigs, she wants to see results for what I'm spending :D

Really makes me want to cannonball in

update: ZCL just hit $89. It was $4 five days ago

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Thanks for getting out of ripple doc. When u posted a few days ago u were getting out I got 1000 more coins. Not as good as the first ones I got for .50 but Im still good. Your post #396. Just giving u a hard time. Lol.

Im glad the mining is going well. Looks like you have a money manager at home to keep an eye on you and check your numbers.

I know the forum people like this card for mining. Amazon.com: ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Dual-Fan OC Edition Graphics Card (DUAL-GTX1060-O3G): Computers & Accessories
    https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-GeForce...12592&sr=1-2&keywords=nvidia+geforce+1060+3gb

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    One thing for you "swing trading" guys, Coinbase IS going to add several coins this year, if you can figure out which ones they'll be, if you get in early you stand to make a decent profit when it spikes and noobs pour money into them. The best candidates most certainly will come from the top 20.

Stellar, Dash, and Cardano, and Iota... I'm sure at least one or two will be in there, if not all.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I have Stellar and iota and neither has done much but I'll continue to hold. That ripple is on a tear. It's about to hit $2. It's in the #2 spot. I'm sure coinbase will add it. Get in now it's still a good buy even with so many coins not a 20 or 50x but it will double pr triple ur money in just months. No bank will do that for you.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom