Indianapolis
    wfluxmzu89501.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    so my deposit on coinbase finally posted. Ugh. now I have to decide when to invest it (if at all) :D

regarding wallets, can someone post an update to recommended ones? I like the idea of offline storage so I'd probably "receive" the coins and print them, sticking them in my safe. Then if I want to sell I can upload them back to a wallet/exchange and offload them and withdraw funds or buy something else, right?

In regards to mining, should I get an online wallet that does everything or keep one for personal use and one for mining and switch between the two?

update: $0.44 worth of monero mined :):

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Here is your life changing tip for 2017. Buy dogecoin. It is really cheap. Pick up 100k coins and if it makes $1 U will be very happy. I like it because it reminds me of dodgeball and i really liked that game as a kid. The bonus is the symbol is a golden dog. It's a no lose coin. Get in and get some.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    it has 112 billion coins out there? Wow. Seems like will be difficult to get to a dollar. Though it's up nicely today.

Anyone using binance for an exchange? Seems to have a good selection of coins

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I have a feeling that there are several factors to the bitcoin drop at the moment.

1: end of year and some want it to go on this years taxes. (So they are selling.)
    2: several court cases where thousands of bitcoins were seized are going into the market. (So they are selling)
    3: alt coins lite ethereum bitcash and ripple have had big runs ups because people see them as cheaper. (Buying crypto not bitcoin)
    4; the South Korean hack for the second time with that exchange. (Less buying and the SK’ens were buying them like beers on a hot Saturday afternoon baseball game)

for the future i see more sellers come Jan 1 cause the taxes would not be due till next years taxes letting many have the money cash (tax) free for the longest period of time. (More selling)

dogecoin and and others will either make it or break it soon.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Like everything I do I'm jumping into GPU mining. Starting with a single GeForce 1070 card.

whattomine.com suggests about $4/day profit on it. If it does close to that I'll probably go out and buy two 1080 Ti cards and see how that goes. If you exclude the cost of the mobo,cpu,ram, HD, power supply (can use those for standard CPU if you change your mind) then the ROI should be about 100 days on the cost of the graphics cards. Here's to hoping it works out. I can put up to six cards on this mobo. Easy enough to build a second rig if it seems worth it.

I bought some cheap $10 shelves at menards as a frame. I'll post pics when I get it all together after Jan 1

updare: bought litecoin at $305. Come on everyone, put money in litecoin :D

i'll probably spread that across some smaller coins next week

Last edited:

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Bitcoin cash is done. Sell sell sell! Get out everyone before it's too late. Some one is trying to prop up the price but it's not working. It's going down for the count. Run...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Bitcoin cash is done. Sell sell sell! Get out everyone before it's too late. Some one is trying to prop up the price but it's not working. It's going down for the count. Run...

Roger Ver, there's a method to his madness. There are rumors that Ligthning Network with be coming first half quarter of 2018, solving the scalability issue. That would pretty much end BCash's superiority in transaction price and speed. Increasing the block size, as BCash did was always seen as a quick fix.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Want Litecoin to drop in price? Just wait for me to buy :(

Another rumor hitting the space is that Facebook is about to adopt LTC as a payment system. They are saying that this is why Charlie Lee sold all hits LTC. Facebook requested it. If true, WHOA NELLY!

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County

Yeah, LTC headed below 200....chat boards are going crazy. Their stocks are crashing, bitcoin tanking and most of these young kids are making the same mistake we made back in dot com bubble. The first mistake they made was when it ran up they should have locked in profits and gambled with house money. But instead they go 200% in using margin, don't lock in profits...they move profits to other plays then market tanks, they get called on margins and are down....now they are forced into covering margin with money they don't have.....so then they will try to average in in hopes of bailing out on a run that don't come.... which starts a sell cycle and they just go deeper in until it is all gone and they are left with nothing. Yeah, I have seen this movie before, in fact...I had a starring role in it :(

Top Bottom