• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The mining setups I have seen in the past were electric heaters. That cost in ac has to run several hundred a month.

Were those GPU units or ASIC? The ASIC litecoin miner uses 800W, estimated $120/mo power bill

I think it might make more sense to purchase a machine than buy $3000 of litecoin

i have a CPU miner app on my computer running now. Made $0.13 since midnight. Probably $0.35 in power though :D

trying to gather some friends to make our own mining pool

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Expect the SEC to probably get heavily involved in cryptos in the near future. Thank Roger Ver, CNBC, and BCash. Lol. Never a dull day.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I wonder what the cost basis is for a mined coin?

Can you deduct the cost of equipment and electricity? Perhaps I should form a corporation to do all of this.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Do we forsee an imminent LTC crash due to the BCH nonsense? Would now be a good time to sell LTC, and buy it back up at the bottom of whatever crash may be coming... or just ride it out?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Do we forsee an imminent LTC crash due to the BCH nonsense? Would now be a good time to sell LTC, and buy it back up at the bottom of whatever crash may be coming... or just ride it out?

Nah, I'm not worried about that.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm up to $0.17566 worth of Monero mined! :rofl:

Looking into mining further, it looks like as These ASIC units come online, transactions are happening faster which is pushing up the difficulty of the calculation quickly. So your return on investment gets slower every month faster than I would like to see.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I have heard it takes 1k electrical power to mine one bitcoin. This was over a year ago and as the block chain gets larger it should take more electric power.

yep. I read something that said crypto will tax our energy system.

I would gladly spend $1000 in energy to get an $18,000 asset.

I have now mined $0.27 worth of monero using my CPU's idle time. Probably get to $0.29 in the first 24 hours. I also mined $0.001 ethereum and $0.000015 in DSH

Tooms

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Johnson County
    Bitcoin is not something you mine now. Its far too difficult. Ethereum is at the end of its profibility for a regular miner. Ethereum sweet spot ended around July.

Right now I am mining ZCash at a rate of about $180 a month using its current value with a single GPU. I sold off my large multi-GPU mining rig once Ethereum got too difficult.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I haven't seen anyone mention it yet in this thread, but has anyone checked out UBIQ? It's supposed to be a more stable code base that Etherium, and takes 88 seconds to mine a block if you decide to mine it. Current price is $3.61, so it would be easy to get in for $100 or so. I've been seriously considering getting into UBIQ.

What are your thoughts?

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Really mad right now. The rumor mill is circulating over Ripple, and I've been wanting in for weeks. It appears all of the major crypto exchanges have suspended Ripple from their services for the time being.

If the rumors are true, this could be a huge miss.

Also, rumors are that two household companies will begin to accept Ripple as a form of currency. Amazon is among that buzz

EDIT: A reddit user believes they may just be temporarily disabled do to the massive spike tonight.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Bitcoin is not something you mine now. Its far too difficult. Ethereum is at the end of its profibility for a regular miner. Ethereum sweet spot ended around July.

Right now I am mining ZCash at a rate of about $180 a month using its current value with a single GPU. I sold off my large multi-GPU mining rig once Ethereum got too difficult.

what program are you using? And why just one GPU instead of several?

Updated total monero value mined: $0.32 :D

Last edited:

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Really mad right now. The rumor mill is circulating over Ripple, and I've been wanting in for weeks. It appears all of the major crypto exchanges have suspended Ripple from their services for the time being.

If the rumors are true, this could be a huge miss.

Also, rumors are that two household companies will begin to accept Ripple as a form of currency. Amazon is among that buzz

EDIT: A reddit user believes they may just be temporarily disabled do to the massive spike tonight.

Tried to tell u all about ripple. I got in at $.50. I hope it has a lot more growth and it's still cheap to get in. So get in!!!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I haven't seen anyone mention it yet in this thread, but has anyone checked out UBIQ? It's supposed to be a more stable code base that Etherium, and takes 88 seconds to mine a block if you decide to mine it. Current price is $3.61, so it would be easy to get in for $100 or so. I've been seriously considering getting into UBIQ.

What are your thoughts?

What's the purpose of UBIQ?

Top Bottom