Anyone get iOS 7 installed successfully?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have it downloaded on 3 devices, but when I attempt to install it says "verifying update" and after a minute or so "Software update is not available at this time, try again later". I'm sure their servers are swamped right now, but I'm an impatient fussy-pants.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Some IT friends of mine are commenting on FB about it. They mentioned having to turn off firewalls and virus protection to get it to work and that you have to have 3.1 GB of memory available. :dunno:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Some IT friends of mine are commenting on FB about it. They mentioned having to turn off firewalls and virus protection to get it to work and that you have to have 3.1 GB of memory available. :dunno:
    Yeah, I had to delete some music on one that was tight on memory to download it. It's all downloaded, it just won't verify to install.

Best info I've found online says "keep trying, it will eventually go through".

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    For anybody's that installed it on an iPhone 4S...does it work ok? Is it even compatible? (I haven't looked into it yet, myself).

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Nope, iTunes says I need to update iTunes before I can DL the new OS but it does nothing. I am beginning to wonder if iTunes is really a Microsoft product.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Siri is currently in "extra retard" mode. She responds to any question with "I'm really sorry, but I'm unable to take any requests at this time. Please ask again in a little while."

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I think the servers were overloaded, which is why people were getting error messages. Updated Fiancees Ipad and Iphone just a few minutes ago.

Nice change, still not android though...haha

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    My 4s told me there were no updates available. After I updated iTunes on my computer to 11 or whatever the new version is and plugged my phone in a box popped up asking me to update to iOS7. Downloaded, installed and verified in about 10 minutes with no errors. Pretty big aesthetic changes along with some nice functional updates.

Top Bottom