• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Snot me. Sorry. I was hopeful - then remembered our weekend plans involving a trip to West Lafayette.

Should be a great day for this kind of thing, though!

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I will probably do this again toward the end of the month or first part of next.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My guns are clean, but Allen, do you have a mill? My Chilean Mauser has a buggered up trigger/mag assembly screw that I can't get out. I think the head of the screw would need to be milled off. At least I think it's the Chilean... could be the Brazilian. :):

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Allen, what's the count at? If it is just a couple of us, I don't want to take up your time. I'm still game with about 3-4 pistols and a couple long guns. But I understand if you don't want to do it this weekend.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Allen, what's the count at? If it is just a couple of us, I don't want to take up your time. I'm still game with about 3-4 pistols and a couple long guns. But I understand if you don't want to do it this weekend.

It looks like just a couple but I am still going to tbe there doing mine so you wouldnt be wasting my time.

I will o this again before winter hits. I have to clean every now and then regardless and ts been a while :)

1:00 at Diamond Collision if any body else wants to join

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I'm very likely. Would you mind posting the exact address? For us lazy GPS users. I have a few that need cleaned.
    Thanks

excellent.

The address is 292 S. County Road 800 E. 46123
    But even GPS will make you work for it, it will get you close but take you somewhere else :) I am behind Lowe's in Avon down by the railroad tracks. There is Ralph's muffler and Dan Jones Automotive next door to me

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    1 PM, right?

And Allen, do you ever sleep? Posting at 3:07?:)

yea 1pm but I could accommodate 1 am if desired :) I have been at work 3 hours already. now I have to leave and do a church thing until noon then I will be back for the purge :)

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Not a bad idea. I can pick up some bagels and coffee. Not much of a donut person. I had a bad experience as a child :)

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    I don't think I can make this today, but I love the idea for sure. Tavi will likely need a decent scrubbing in the next couple've months.

I could surely use some wisdom from my firearms-elders on cleaning and such. YouTube is great and all, but sometimes you really need a mentor with ya to point out things they see.

Last edited:

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I don't think I can make this today, but I love the idea for sure. Tavi will likely need a decent scrubbing in the next couple've months.

I could surely use some wisdom from my firearms-elders on cleaning and such. YouTube is great and all, but sometimes you really need a mentor with ya to point out things they see.

name dropper

Top Bottom