Anybody else tire of seeing a good thread get ruined by the OC/CC debate?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Well?

• Total voters

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I'm just waiting for someone to show up saying that they OC their underwear.

This guy does..
    supermanmovie.jpg

How dare he OC like that... trying to just show off that he owns it. Maybe he is trying to compensate for something, or maybe just trying to act like a Superman. Think of the children!

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    While I CC, I dont get bent out of shape because someone else chooses to OC. I have even been known to toss on a paddle holster to run to the store on occasion. Both sides of the argument have validity, and its an endless circle trying to convince one side over the other about what one is "correct".
    Those that condemn one side or the other without any extenuating circumstance is being simple minded.
    As long as we as a group act in a civilized manner, without a chip on our shoulders (though not laying down and giving up our rights) we are raining on the parade of antis claiming gun owners are the dangerous fringe of society.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    IDK why it's such a difficult thing. It's pretty simple to me. You carry the way you want and i'll carry the way I want.

As long as it's legal and done in a proper manner that reflects well on law abiding citizens who choose to exercise their 2A rights then that's all that should matter in my book.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    IDK why it's such a difficult thing. It's pretty simple to me. You carry the way you want and i'll carry the way I want.

As long as it's legal and done in a proper manner that reflects well on law abiding citizens who choose to exercise their 2A rights then that's all that should matter in my book.

In the 80's in Louisville a local newsreporter went to the Galleria Mall downtown wearing a 7.5 inch Ruger Super Blachawk in a cheesey Buscadaro western rig over his suit britches to do an "expose" about Kentucky's open carry law. He walked around with a camera crew and tried to find "shocked" people that would feign amazement when he told them that this is perfectly legal.

He didn't find a one. But I was cracking up over the number of people that was advising him on a different holster, pointing out a SA revolver was slow to get into action, he had his gun slung too low, etc...My Dad and I were cracking up.

That was the last "open carry expose" I remember seeing in Louisville.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Look, I CC usually. I've got my reasons and no need to hash them here. I agree with KG1 entirely. I have absolutely nothing against OC and if I ever see anyone OCing I probably start a conversation with them and ask them if they are on INGO! :ingo: So, enjoy however you want to wear your firearm!
    And if other CC'ers don't like it they can bite my non-existent underwear!:D

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Look, I CC usually. I've got my reasons and no need to hash them here. I agree with KG1 entirely. I have absolutely nothing against OC and if I ever see anyone OCing I probably start a conversation with them and ask them if they are on INGO! :ingo: So, enjoy however you want to wear your firearm!
    And if other CC'ers don't like it they can bite my non-existent underwear!:D

All you Closet Carriers scare me. Every time someone approaches me about my OCing, I worry if they are a cop trying to hassle me, or a 5 y/o girl in disguise.

I mean, I do my duty, I wear my "Criminals Shoot Me First" Target T Shirt, or my "Look At Me, I Need Attention" Hat. I even have an "I Wish I Was John Wayne" tattoo on my forearm. Why do "you guys" keep bothering me?
    Why can't you all just leave me alone? :crying::crying::crying:

I didn't purple it out of respect for the readers' eyes

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    All you Closet Carriers scare me. Every time someone approaches me about my OCing, I worry if they are a cop trying to hassle me, or a 5 y/o girl in disguise.

I mean, I do my duty, I wear my "Criminals Shoot Me First" Target T Shirt, or my "Look At Me, I Need Attention" Hat. I even have an "I Wish I Was John Wayne" tattoo on my forearm. Why do "you guys" keep bothering me?
    Why can't you all just leave me alone? :crying::crying::crying:

I didn't purple it out of respect for the readers' eyes

Forgot your "lead slinging badass" sunglasses. i have an extra pair here somewhere.

Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson
    LOL I asked a question that didn't have anything to do with OC/CC and the whole thread turned into that. I don't care whch way you go . It's your choice.

Top Bottom