Anybody else tire of seeing a good thread get ruined by the OC/CC debate?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Well?

• Total voters

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    What we need is more threads with OC CC debate! Such fun. ;)

It gets so lonely waiting for such debate to show up in the more appropriate threads:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lf_defense/71996-the_open_carry_argument.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lf_defense/37307-common_oc_cc_threadjack.html

:tumbleweed:

Most of the guilty parties aren't wanting any actual discussion on the matter, nor are they seemingly aware that their opinions and beliefs just might fall somewhat short of divinely inspired revelation.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    As long as folks carry, that is the main thing with me. I myself do prefer to OC, and yes I do get tired of the anti-OC trolls' screaming tirades.

I have also yet to have a 5 year old try and snatch my firearm, a crowd flee in a blind panic at the sight of a responsible American willing to defend himself, or a jack boot try and tell me I can't carry that way, though. YMMV.:dunno:

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    What we need is more threads with OC CC debate! Such fun. ;)

It gets so lonely waiting for such debate to show up in the more appropriate threads. :tumbleweed:

Most of the guilty parties aren't wanting any actual discussion on the matter, nor are they seemingly aware that their opinions and beliefs just might fall somewhat short of divinely inspired revelation.

You really need to cover up that cactus, it has too many sharp pointy things that go up on the shoulder. Think of the children man.:D

Lock load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Mishawaka IN
    I hate seeing specific groups go after each other instead of supporting all the other legal groups. Whether you cc a little 22 cal revolver or want to sling an AR15 across your back. Thinking that one group makes everybody else look bad and will get eventually have more of their rights taken away.
    With that type of thinking and allowing the guy with the AR 15 slung across his back to lose his freedom to do so. Then eventually over time the guy CCing the 22 revolver becomes the extremist and eventually we lose all our rights.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I hate seeing specific groups go after each other instead of supporting all the other legal groups. Whether you cc a little 22 cal revolver or want to sling an AR15 across your back. Thinking that one group makes everybody else look bad and will get eventually have more of their rights taken away.
    With that type of thinking and allowing the guy with the AR 15 slung across his back to lose his freedom to do so. Then eventually over time the guy CCing the 22 revolver becomes the extremist and eventually we lose all our rights.
    Agreed indeed

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    I contributed to the demise of a thread recently, but it was't intentional. I had responded to an on topic post, and then it degraded into an OC/CC debate from that point.

I didn't mean for it to turn into a debate, but I did find it disturbing that I was the only one being asked to take the debate into the OC/CC topic.....that kind of led me to keep going, I have to admit.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    Actually, this poll is broken. I am actually anti-CC and pro-OC.

I also have had a thread derailed by a CC Troll. Actually had to post a summary and report my post to get the thread locked.

CC trolls are dangerous, you know...because they have something to hide :p

That was me, and I wasn't and am not a troll. My comments were sincere. I didn't intend for the thread to degrade like it did.

If you read my recent posts on other threads, maybe they will change your mind, maybe not.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I don't see what the big deal is between it. There are good and bad points to each. If you are capable of picking which you want, then I am hoping that you at least did 2 minutes worth of research and decided. As I have stated before, and will state again, we need to stand together so when the time comes, we are not splintered apart. Cause that is what they have done in lots of other disarmed nations. Take one group at a time, label them as extremists, minimize them, then disarm them. I dont care how you carry, or what you want to carry. I will defend your right to do so.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    You could also buy the "Official Shirt" of OC/CC...

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

picture.php

picture.php

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Maybe we need to have two different threads, open for one and concealed for another. That way people won't get into a heated debate over who is best. JMHO.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    The guys that hate OC will never listen or even understand that no one actually cares what they think or why we are going to "ruin all of THEIR rights."
    I know, and I don't care what anyone thinks either. Just trying to come to some kind of an answer to stop all the bickering. The way we carry, as long as it is within the parameters of the law, is our business.

Top Bottom