• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    ... Bigus_D, the period has very rarely been friend. At least not since I got married. Hate that almost as much as the headache.

wife-motorcycle.jpg

bmyers

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    The reserve thing is likely a grey area. Beyond that this whole thing seems a little fishy? And I doubt there are many 3rd grade educations on here who collect government checks. Just my guess.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The reserve thing is likely a grey area. Beyond that this whole thing seems a little fishy? And I doubt there are many 3rd grade educations on here who collect government checks. Just my guess.

Your guess is correct, as far as I'm concerned! I did the 3rd grade twice, and washed out half way through the 3rd year. That's a ninth grade education, kind of, well, almost, in my book!

The stupid government said if I was too dumb to fill out a simple form, they weren't giving me a dime.:(

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Sorry I'm late guys, I just now saw the alert but it looks like you've handled this thread well. It's a little heavy on the pun humor, but over all I approve. Nice job.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I have been selling a few guns and was contacted by a guy from indy he stated he did not have a permit but he was a reserve sheriff and didnt need a permit all he need was his police ID from the police department to buy,

I refused to sale to him because of that didnt want to meet at the pd but at a gas station
    but if he is or was officer I would think meeting me there would be a safe bet for me and him also

I know in the state of Indiana you dont have to have a permit to buy a weapon just to carry it , I will not sale to anyone with out a permit and valid Ind driver lic, just my preference

my question is being a police officer do you still need a permit to cary a weapon ,
    Technically, he doesn't need a license to carry in order to carry and he is correct.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    I haven't seen this much sensitivity since....well, since the last time someone said clip instead of magazine.

Talk about chasing off new members.

True, let it go!!!

If he didn't sell to the "officer" because he wouldn't meet at the PD, that's good enough for me. (stolen valor) Or because he didn't have a permit, (yes I know it isn't required)

I think as a community we need to be just that much more vigilint to keep guns out of the hands of guys that may or may not legally be able to own.

My .02, there will be other buyers that will not look like this buyer.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If he didn't sell to the "officer" because he wouldn't meet at the PD, that's good enough for me. (stolen valor) Or because he didn't have a permit, (yes I know it isn't required)

I think as a community we need to be just that much more vigilant to keep guns out of the hands of guys that may or may not legally be able to own.

Unless you have access to the database behind the LTCH, that flimsy piece of paper doesn't mean squat. It's take about ten minutes to forge one.

And I wouldn't want to sell or trade at PD either - too many cops with a chip on their shoulder to give you grief. Not to mention that's a neighbor I wouldn't want to voluntarily go...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    True, let it go!!!

I think as a community we need to be just that much more vigilint to keep guns out of the hands of guys that may or may not legally be able to own.

I here you.
    The OP has the write to sale too anyone he chooses. :yesway:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Anyone else notice the OP has been a member since May 2011? He is not a new member, he is just a rare poster. He has been a member on here longer than I have.

Rshelbu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Hello Rshelbu it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    Reserve officers or reserve deputies do not fall under protection of LEOSA and due need LTCH when off duty.

stop shouting.

a police officer can carry anywhere due to Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act(LEOSA) no permit required i think all they need is their credentials.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Reserve officers or reserve deputies do not fall under protection of LEOSA and due need LTCH when off duty.

Do reserve officers get the same benefits? I've been thinking of going that route for various reasons, but don't want to take the paycut needed to be a full time officer. This would be an additional incentive to pursue being a reserve officer.

Yes they do. Volunteering as a reserve officer is admirable. Just make sure you are doing it for the right the right reasons.

:n00b:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    NO GRAMER IS FINE JUST WORKED LAST NIGHT THOUGHT I WOULD ASK THIS QUESTION , THE QUESTION IS AND WAS DO POLICE OFICERS STILL NEED A PERMIT TO CARRY A WEAPON , i AM AWARE OF THE FTF DEAL WAS LOOKING FOR ANSWERS BUT INSTEAD GET INSULTED BY SOME FAT LAZY GUY EATING A HAMBURGER LAYING ON THE COUCH WITH A 3RD GRADE EDUCATION GETTING A GOVERNMENT CHECK BECAUSE HE DIDNT FINISH SCHOOL AND CANT WORK BECAUSE OF IT CALLING ME OUT , THX FOR ALL THE RESPONE FROM THOSE WHO ANSWERED WITH GOOD INTENSIONS

No police officer do not need a LTCH. Most all of them I know have one anyway, but it is not required.

Top Bottom