• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I haven't seen this much sensitivity since....well, since the last time someone said clip instead of magazine.

Talk about chasing off new members.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Guys, just one thought.

If you were to meet a person on the street, and in speaking with them, their grammar was poor and they said things in a way you would not, would you ridicule them and make fun of them right there?

I think not. You would think that anyone who did that was impolite, and essentially a jack@ss. You'd be right. Why do people feel so free to be demanding, condescending and insulting on the internet? It is no more proper here than it would be face to face.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Guys, just one thought.

If you were to meet a person on the street, and in speaking with them, their grammar was poor and they said things in a way you would not, would you ridicule them and make fun of them right there?

I think not. You would think that anyone who did that was impolite, and essentially a jack@ss. You'd be right. Why do people feel so free to be demanding, condescending and insulting on the internet? It is no more proper here than it would be face to face.

In "real life", if someone walks up and starts yelling unintelligible "questions" at me, I'd walk away.

At least here he would get a response, and some feedback on how to post a bit more legibly. Some may be a bit harsh, but it is the internet.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So let me get this straight, a new poster with fine gramer wants to know the details of the LEO exception to the carry license so that he can decide if he wants to except them from his own personal regulations on firearms sales that are not required by law?

I was just laying here on the couch eating a hamburger waiting on my government check and thought it seemed mildly amusing. ;)

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Is a reserve sheriff deputy considered a LEO when he is not on the job?

Fuzzy grey area. Up here, reserve deputies are basically told that if they're off the clock, they're not to act as LEOs. On the other hand, a sworn officer is a sworn officer. Their uniforms are no different than merit deputies, their their issued credentials are the same - unless you knew the county you'd have no idea if someone was a merit or reserve deputy..

Sheepdog2305

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    When in doubt request a supervisor. Follow directions, remain polite and professional. It will all work out in the end. Our reserves are no different than our full timers but that could be different depending on the dept.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So let me get this straight, a new poster with fine gramer wants to know the details of the LEO exception to the carry license so that he can decide if he wants to except them from his own personal regulations on firearms sales that are not required by law?

I was just laying here on the couch eating a hamburger waiting on my government check and thought it seemed mildly amusing. ;)

That's a very coherent post for somebody that dropped out in the 3rd grade. :D

Top Bottom