• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hillbilly 41

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    I have been selling a few guns and was contacted by a guy from indy he stated he did not have a permit but he was a reserve sheriff and didnt need a permit all he need was his police ID from the police department to buy,

I refused to sale to him because of that didnt want to meet at the pd but at a gas station
    but if he is or was officer I would think meeting me there would be a safe bet for me and him also

I know in the state of Indiana you dont have to have a permit to buy a weapon just to carry it , I will not sale to anyone with out a permit and valid Ind driver lic, just my preference

my question is being a police officer do you still need a permit to cary a weapon ,

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Can you ask your question in English? :dunno: :scratch:

Are you from Indiana? There is no such thing as a "conceal carry permit" in IN.

Also are you really asking legal questions to a LEO? :n00b:

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Your grammar is terrible. You only need to be an Indiana resident to do a FTF sale. No LTCH is needed. It doesn't have to be done at a police station.

hillbilly 41

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    NO GRAMER IS FINE JUST WORKED LAST NIGHT THOUGHT I WOULD ASK THIS QUESTION , THE QUESTION IS AND WAS DO POLICE OFICERS STILL NEED A PERMIT TO CARRY A WEAPON , i AM AWARE OF THE FTF DEAL WAS LOOKING FOR ANSWERS BUT INSTEAD GET INSULTED BY SOME FAT LAZY GUY EATING A HAMBURGER LAYING ON THE COUCH WITH A 3RD GRADE EDUCATION GETTING A GOVERNMENT CHECK BECAUSE HE DIDNT FINISH SCHOOL AND CANT WORK BECAUSE OF IT CALLING ME OUT , THX FOR ALL THE RESPONE FROM THOSE WHO ANSWERED WITH GOOD INTENSIONS

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Good gravy, man. No need to shout, and a little punctuation now and then would help a bit.

Indiana Code 35-47-2
    IC 35-47-2-2
    Excepted persons
    Sec. 2. Section 1 of this chapter does not apply to:
    (1) marshals;
    (2) sheriffs;

(3) the commissioner of the department of correction or persons authorized by the commissioner in writing to carry firearms;
    (4) judicial officers;
    (5) law enforcement officers;
    (6) members of the armed forces of the United States or of the national guard or organized reserves while they are on duty;
    (7) regularly enrolled members of any organization duly authorized to purchase or receive such weapons from the United States or from this state who are at or are going to or from their place of assembly or target practice;
    (8) employees of the United States duly authorized to carry handguns;
    (9) employees of express companies when engaged in company business; or
    (10) any person engaged in the business of manufacturing, repairing, or dealing in firearms or the agent or representative of any such person having in the person's possession, using, or carrying a handgun in the usual or ordinary course of that business.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.164-2011, SEC.2.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    stop shouting.

a police officer can carry anywhere due to Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act(LEOSA) no permit required i think all they need is their credentials.

Last edited:

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I knew exactly what you were asking in the orignal post. Then again I am from Tn. and I did not go to college. Must just be a hoosier inability to translate. Bigus_D, the period has very rarely been friend. At least not since I got married. Hate that almost as much as the headache.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Trade ya this for a Glock

Hooked-On-Phonics-1.jpg

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    NO GRAMER IS FINE JUST WORKED LAST NIGHT THOUGHT I WOULD ASK THIS QUESTION , THE QUESTION IS AND WAS DO POLICE OFICERS STILL NEED A PERMIT TO CARRY A WEAPON , i AM AWARE OF THE FTF DEAL WAS LOOKING FOR ANSWERS BUT INSTEAD GET INSULTED BY SOME FAT LAZY GUY EATING A HAMBURGER LAYING ON THE COUCH WITH A 3RD GRADE EDUCATION GETTING A GOVERNMENT CHECK BECAUSE HE DIDNT FINISH SCHOOL AND CANT WORK BECAUSE OF IT CALLING ME OUT , THX FOR ALL THE RESPONE FROM THOSE WHO ANSWERED WITH GOOD INTENSIONS

Grammar Officers Lying NOT Laying Intentions

Sounds like you're the one with the 3rd Grade education!

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    :ugh:

Children, can we please stay on topic? Put your big girl panties on and focus on the shiny object long enough to answer the guys question...{sigh}...where is Printcraft when ya need him...

Top Bottom