• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Know how to tell a Jeeper? When they cover up half the grill when it is going to be really cold so the engine gets up to operating temp. faster. A pizza box is good for that. If I wanted to, I could make my Jeep sponsored by Pizza Hut, but I didn't.

Never tried that trick

Beorn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My financially neglected '98 Jeep XJ Sport, busted through the berm of snow left by my hoa contractor's snow removal, no problem. 3" lift, 31"x10.5" tires. I love my Jeep!

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I found a 2002 with a 2.5 in it. Are they worth buying or should I hold out for a 4.0? Never owned a jeep, but always wanted one. It is a 5 speed

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    The best thing about Cherokee's, you can get a descent one for half the price of a Wrangler. They are also better in winter on roads because they are heavier.

actually less then half...everybody wants an arm, leg, and both testicles for a wrangler.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I found a 2002 with a 2.5 in it. Are they worth buying or should I hold out for a 4.0? Never owned a jeep, but always wanted one. It is a 5 speed

4.0 all the way for me. There are some great resources to glean the info you seek. Pirate4x4.com, jeepforum.com, Naxja.org, cherokeeforum.com. The arguments go back and forth. The xj is unibody with more space to transport family and gear and it's cheaper than a wrangler. ~$3000 as opposed to ~$20k+. Go for the 4.0 inline 6.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    4.0 all the way for me. There are some great resources to glean the info you seek. Pirate4x4.com, jeepforum.com, Naxja.org, cherokeeforum.com. The arguments go back and forth. The xj is unibody with more space to transport family and gear and it's cheaper than a wrangler. ~$3000 as opposed to ~$20k+. Go for the 4.0 inline 6.

well...if you are comparing the same years, is more like $1-3k to $9-12k

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    My POS ZJ with only 2wd got me anywhere I needed to go................but some folks plan ahead, take their time and don't drive like idiots.
    Really, I swapped tires on my old Pontiac Trans Am back in the day and got anywhere I wanted.............slowly, but got there.

People are just too stupid anymore.

Hell it seems as if every Liberty I see going down the road the last 3 days, at the speed limit (even on the icy stuff) had some bimbo with a cellphone stuck to her ear behind the wheel.

Had to push two teen girls up an icy hill around 1AM..................told them to ease into it, floored it repeatedly.
    Next time I'm leaving them on the side of the road.

Stupid ought to at least cost them a tow bill. Or Frostbite. Maybe both.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Got my beastie back today.

sib7.jpg

Top Bottom