• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mx_chick_42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    I recently became started in with archery as well as guns and was wondering how many others here are into both. if so what bow do you have and what do you hunt with it? i have an Onida phantom. i havent been out hunting with it but have done some techno hunts and LOVED it.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i prefer bow hunting over gun hunting. i like to hunt before deer are disterbed by hundreds of weekend warriors with guns. plus the rut.

when uncle ted talks about "the misticle flight of the arrow" i know what he means. there is just somthing amazing about watching a arrow leave your bow and enter a deer.

i hunt with a bear truth bow. not the best bow on the market but not the worst either

trophy hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    southern indiana
    i prefer bow hunting over gun hunting. i like to hunt before deer are disterbed by hundreds of weekend warriors with guns. plus the rut.

when uncle ted talks about "the misticle flight of the arrow" i know what he means. there is just somthing amazing about watching a arrow leave your bow and enter a deer.

i hunt with a bear truth bow. not the best bow on the market but not the worst either

:rockwoot:i`m with vette... but i do use a compound.. hoyt alfamax 35,as for gun only my omega..

zcam630

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Somewhere
    I'm in the process of trying to figure out brand and model for my first model. Got sized last week and know I'm researching what will be a goo starter bow, but that I won't have to upgrade right away. Sorry, back to the OP's post

:popcorn:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i love bow hunting. i use a hoyt katera with a/c/c arrows with slick trick's and they do a amazing job on deer. i also hunt with gun and muzzle loader as that is just more meat in my freezer for the winter.

get a decent bow and a target and start practicing and have fun.

Dukshead

Marksman
    Rating - 90.5%
    19   2   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Southport
    Ditto to what everyone has said. Practice! Practice! Practice! The bug will bite you even harder when you start putting them in a pie plate at 20, 30 and 40 yards. Great sense of satisfaction and something that really appeals to my primitive side. I shoot a Bowtech Guardian and love it. Shoot a TC Bone Collector during firearms season.

disengaged

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Madison County
    I enjoy all hunting. For Deer - Early archery is generally a little too warm for me, but I like firearms, muzzleloader, and late archery. I have an older Browning Compound Bow and a Barnett Crossbow.

I respect the Archery Hunters - I know how much time and practice it takes to be successful.

I pretty much just use the best equipment at my disposal for the season to ensure a clean harvest.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I am shooting a Mathews DXT for deer and turkeys.
    I use a T/C Omega for deer during the firearms/MLR seasons.
    I am in the process of buying a Savage Mod. 16 L.H with accu trigger and accu stock in .243 for coyotes and I am equipping the rifle with a Leupold VXII 3-9 40mm scope.
    Can't wait to break in that rifle. Being a lefty of course it had to be ordered.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Sold my bow and muzzleloader already, 2010 plans call for:

Hoyt Maxxis 31 or Alphamax

CVA Apex - muzzleloader barrel for deer, .223 for yotes

yj-guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    brazil
    Definitly prefer bow hunting. It is more of rush and an accomplishment. Anyone can use a gun, but it is a special skill to use a bow. Doesnt matter if it is a long, recurve, or compound. I use a hawkin style muzzleloader when gun hunting. I use an original 1953 Bear recurve and an old pse compound. Anyone know of an archery range in clay county?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Definitly prefer bow hunting. It is more of rush and an accomplishment. Anyone can use a gun, but it is a special skill to use a bow.

ROFL, let's not get carried away.

I have one deer in two years.... I hunt mostly public, so I don't have a back yard to raise them in :D

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    Yes, hunt with both gun and bow. As long as I'm hunting, I like it.

Started years ago in my teens with a Darton SL-50. Now I have a Hoyt, can't recall the model, that's a few years old. Yea, it's a little warm during the first part of bow season, but that just means less bulky clothes. I didn't make it out opening day this past year, but second day of season, in the evening, I got out. Saw 16 deer! 4 bucks. Hunting from the ground, by a cement corner post in the weeds, and the only deer that came close enough was a doe. She was 5 yards, and didn't go more than 50 when I hit her in the shoulder with a Rage Slipcam. Coulda taken another doe the next night, same range, other side of the field, and passed.

yj-guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    brazil
    ROFL, let's not get carried away.

I have one deer in two years.... I hunt mostly public, so I don't have a back yard to raise them in :D
    given the deer are :):. public land in gun season can be difficult but in archery it has so much less pressure. i tried the gun season once and there was more orange than the brown on the trees. not saying that public land doesnt produce in gun season, just alot more diffuclt. i didnt get one in gun season this year so dont feel bad about it. i did make it up in late archery though

Top Bottom