• AF92venger

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    NE of Indy, but not too far!
    I bow & gun hunt!!

Bow:

*2005 Hoyt ViperTec with a FUSE Stabilizer, Bohning 4 Arrow Quiver, Kazaway Vital-Drop Arrow Rest, Tru-Glo Light-Up Sights, & Maxima Hunter 250 Carbon Arrows.

Gun:

*Remington 870 Express Magnum 12 gauge with a Leupold 3-9x40mm scope (Model 61585), Quick Release Sling, ALLEN Slip-On 5-shell holder, 7-shot Magazine Extension(+2), & shoot Lightfield Hybrid EXP 12g Sabots.

I have had a lot of luck with the both of them!! Good Luck To All!!!

Last edited:

juan bond

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Bow and arrow is my preferred hunting choice, but I'm not shy about gunhunting also. I've killed bear, antelope, whitetails and a turkey with archery equipment. I just bought a new hoyt alphamax 32 and I'm looking forward to using it this coming season.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I LOVE bowhunting!!!!!!! It's always fun to get the equipment out end of July and start flinging some arrows.

I'm shooting a Pearson Stealth, this is my 2nd yr with it and so far so good. It's probably not as quiet as some of the others but i'll get some string leechs put on this summer, hopefully that will help.

jlm223

Aim Small Miss Small
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Muncie
    I hunt archery and firearms season. Archery is my season of choice for whitetail deer here in IN. I have a Fred Bear Done Deal got it last year took a nice eight with it he's on the wall and part in the freezer. :)

JohnR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Hancock county
    Bow and Gun: Old Darton Mustang, T/C Encore, Remington 870. Now that I'm older I prefer the early archery. When it gets late in the season I like to let the Encore take care of them.

topash

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Anywhere
    I bought a Parker Blackhawk XP last fall and shot a doe in both bowseasons. I also deer hunt with a contender carbine 445 supermag and a contender 50 cal muzzleloader. I enjoy all three weapons for different reasons.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Depends on what I'm hunting. If it's deer, I've gone exclusively bow. I have a PSE Brute RH 70#, 29". My buddy let's me hunt his property and is full of proper deer during bow season.

Obviously still use either a shotgun or rifle for small game/birds/yotes etc....

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I like to bow & gun hunt.

I suck at bowhunting but I'm getting better. It's only my second year. I have a Martin Phantom II.

I gun hunt with a TC Omega muzzleloader. I'm pretty good with it. I shot 5 this year. I won't do that anymore though. Processing is tiresome after that many.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    like many others I hunt bow and gun but like to bow hunt more. It's more of a challenge and during the early season the weather is great. The only down side is during early season my hunting ground isn't the best so most of the deer show up after the crops are picked.

Btw my new setup as of last season is a Hoyt Turbohawk with black risor and camo limbs. So far it seems to be a great bow especially for the price.

thecanuck

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I love to bow hunt and have an Archery Research bow but can't wait to get either my 11-87 or Muzzleloader out when the time comes...

OutaAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    I prefer Bowfishing to hunting deer with my bow. I like to hunt deer with my .357 S & W.

Last edited:

mrmarky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Brazil Indiana
    I ues a 57# Archery Traditions Patriot Pro Takedown Recurve given to me by the late Dan Quillian himself. I've named her "The Fat Lady",,, cuz,, it ain't over till the fat lady sings. I've taken several whitetail, 2 black bears and a couple pheasants and too many rabbits to count. R.I.P. Dan and I bet the hunting there in heaven is awsome.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I love bowhunting. I still use my old Jennings bow which is over 30 years old now, with annual string changes of course. But that's all it is...just a bow, no sights or special arrow rest. I don't hunt from tree stands. Stalking deer is such an indescribable adrenaline rush!

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Love bowhunting...hunted for 9 years in the late 80's an into the
    90's an got 17 deer. Then I lost every place I could hunt. Then last
    year I got a place an got another...wow, I sure did miss it an its great
    to be able to hunt deer again. I can only hunt with bow there, but just got
    another place that I can gun hunt starting this fall! I use a old Hoyt Spectra
    Eclipse at 70 lbs, overdraw an release with Muzzy broadheads, I love to
    call or rattle them in. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The one last year
    turned around an came right for me. Glad to see other fellow bowhunters on here!!!!

Top Bottom