• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swbster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I like shooting skeet and trap but also really enjoy target shooting the bow. I have an older PSC that does the trick. Sometimes there is nothing better than shooting 50 or 60 arrows into my target after a long day at the office. Thinking of going out to find a dear this year. I guess we will see.

hunter_47443

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Greene Co.
    I bow & gun hunt.
    My bow is a Jennings Buckmaster & I use a Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag, Winchester shotgun (12 Ga ) & a 54 cal Knight ML.
    Don't dedicate as much time to bowhunting as I should, but there's always next year!

Good luck with your bowhunting.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Oh yeah! Bow hunter first all the way! Second to archery hunting for me would be black powder, followed by handgun. Did some rifle hunting in upper Michigan when I used to live up there...but it was just not as sporting. Nothing wrong with it..I just like the challenges faced while hunting with a bow!

LACK9090

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2009
    Indy
    Bow hunting all the way. This was the first year I used my bow opening weekend of firearms because I had not killed a deer yet and was determine to get one with the my bow.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Only got one with a bow so far but I prefer bow season due to weather. Oh hell, I just like to be outside. This year was first year out during bow season due to birth of kids, work etc., but can safely say "I'm back"

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    I hunt with both. I have a Hoyt Trykon XL and a 50 cal TC Triumph muzzleloader.

But I really want one of these... PSE TAC 15

(PSE-01135-)-2.jpg

blackoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Been bowhuntingt for close to 35 years. Started with a Bear recurve to now present Hoyt made Reflex Buckskin. I haven't yet jump on the Mathews band wagon YET.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I prefer to hunt deer with a bow over any other weapon, but still switch to a firearm once firearms season opens -- I'm not diehard enough to bowhunt during firearms season. My latest bow is a BowTech 82nd Airborne, with which I've taken one 8-point buck and four does in the two years I've owned it.

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I have an 08 Mathews DXT, Mathews T5 Quiver, Ripcord Rest, Team Extreme 4-pin Sight, Fuse Stabilizer and Beamen MFX 400's tipped with Grizzly Phatheads for whitetail. Bought a groundblind this year for turkey season! :rockwoot:

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    i would take a bow hunting anyday over a gun. its so much more up close and personal, and it is actually challenging vs gun hunting. gun hunting is a little challenging, point and shoot, the only hard part is knowing bullet drop for yardage. with a bow you have to come to full draw, take aim, and shoot without getting busted by animal, and to top it, it actually takes skill to shoot accuratly enough to humainly take game, and not just wound every animal you shoot. and there is no such thing as semi auto bow, you only get one chance, in most cases. not to mention most quality arrows cost about $15-$20 a piece with good broad head, so your not going to let it go till you get that perfect shot.
    its so much more thrilling to me because that animal actually has a chance to use its senses and find me before i kill it. when u are shooting out at 100 yrds with gun theres no contest, the animal never knows your there, its to easy. now if i was killing for food to survive than yea ill take a gun.

BurninBrass

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    between a couple cornfields
    I also prefer bowhunting. Bowtech Sniper 65/29 with Hostage Pro rest, Spot Hogg sights, String Tamer stopper, TruBall release, and Bemen 340's topped with 100 grain Grim Reaper Razortips.

Anyone have any advise on choosing a broadhead for turkey hunting?

Top Bottom