• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If you use drugs knowing that murders occur in the process, you are guilty of felony murder, aren't you?

No, that sounds absurd to me. My willingness to purchase a product does not increase the violence associated with delivering that product to me, it is the prohibition of the product which invites such violence.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    However, your abstinence from the product lowers demand and thereby the supply requirement, reducing the potential for crime.

You don't get to have it both ways.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    However, your abstinence from the product lowers demand and thereby the supply requirement, reducing the potential for crime.

Supplying me with product should not be a crime, it should be a voluntary market transaction. The State created the potential with the prohibition. I'm not guilty of anything.

You don't get to have it both ways.

I don't need it both ways.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Supplying me with product should not be a crime, it should be a voluntary market transaction. The State created the potential with the prohibition. I'm not guilty of anything.
    I don't need it both ways.

how do you feel about consumer protection laws? Knowing selling a product that is likely to
    kill or injure you is generally frowned upon

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I haven't interfered with any freedom of yours by purchasing what I want from the black market which the State created in their need for perpetual war.

Not until you impact my insurance rates in your continuous OD cycle, or the effects of your habitual drug use begins to affect your kids socialization, learning ability, etc. (let's not forget about your kids which are sometimes born with the same dependency). Need I go on? There's a huge list of effects from your ignorant self-indulgence.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    If you use drugs knowing that murders occur in the process, you are guilty of felony murder, aren't you?

Woobie? You're being aggressive for no reason. :chillpill:

Aggressive??? Just direct. I can change my tone if you need me to.

But it I did notice you had no explanation for all the blood on your hands from the war you support.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Not until you impact my insurance rates in your continuous OD cycle, or the effects of your habitual drug use begins to affect your kids socialization, learning ability, etc. (let's not forget about your kids which are sometimes born with the same dependency). Need I go on? There's a huge list of effects from your ignorant self-indulgence.

I'm sorry your insurance rates are higher.

Now explain to the Guatemalan children why they need to be orphans so you can keep your insurance rates down.

Also, I would like to see your mental gymnastics when you tell me why spending tax money to save insurance premiums is preferable.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Aggressive??? Just direct. I can change my tone if you need me to.

But it I did notice you had no explanation for all the blood on your hands from the war you support.

I don't think it's the solution, but I don't have a better answer. My war was Vietnam. Your turn.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    My family doesn't use illegal chemicals. Think globally, act locally.

How is it just because you disagree with the war on drugs it isn't your war too? Sounds a lot like "Not my president" rhetoric.

Or maybe you're growing a cash crop? :)

dsf7090.jpg

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    There's a whole bunch of false. I don't even know where to start with this one. Your insurance rates won't be higher with legalization of drugs for one. People who OD and are drug addicts are going to be OD drug addicts regardless of laws telling them not to take drugs. It's not a choice for them, and law has no bearing. In fact, legalizing would allow them to have easier access to getting help and getting off of drugs should they choose.

In addition, your tax dollars will drop SIGNIFICANTLY should the war on drugs cease. The amount of money needed to help people who are on drugs is MINISCULE compared to the war on drugs.

Decriminalizing would lead to money in your pocket.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You've read it wrong. But that's OK. ATM was positing drug use in the present context, and I responded to that proposition. You are talking about a different scenario.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    My family doesn't use illegal chemicals. Think globally, act locally.

How is it just because you disagree with the war on drugs it isn't your war too? Sounds a lot like "Not my president" rhetoric.

Or maybe you're growing a cash crop? :)

dsf7090.jpg

Yep. You caught me.

Is this all you have left? Bereft of facts and logic, your arguments eviscerated and lying broken at your feet, you are down to a picture of a poppy farmer. But you have one more shot. Go ahead, use that last resort: call me a doo-doo head.

Top Bottom