• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    This. There's already laws against what happened. As always, laws don't stop stupid people from doing stupid things. There's already laws against child neglect. For example, it would be illegal for me to get so dang blacked out drunk while I'm the only caregiver to an infant due to child neglect laws. Yet there's no public outcry to make alcohol illegal.

Not only that, drug overdoses would go down if we legalized drugs. These overdoses are because addicts don't know 100% what they're putting in their bodies. If drugs were legal and regulated, they would know the consistency of what they were injecting and wouldn't overdose with the ridiculous frequency that is happening today due to unknown drug strength.

The war on drugs needs to end. It does not work.

While tragic, the crime was not drug use but neglect of an infant.

Poor choices can have far reaching consequences, but not all of those choices need be taken by threat of force from everyone.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This. There's already laws against what happened. As always, laws don't stop stupid people from doing stupid things. There's already laws against child neglect. For example, it would be illegal for me to get so dang blacked out drunk while I'm the only caregiver to an infant due to child neglect laws. Yet there's no public outcry to make alcohol illegal.

Not only that, drug overdoses would go down if we legalized drugs. These overdoses are because addicts don't know 100% what they're putting in their bodies. If drugs were legal and regulated, they would know the consistency of what they were injecting and wouldn't overdose with the ridiculous frequency that is happening today due to unknown drug strength.

The war on drugs needs to end. It does not work.

Possibly reduces OD rate but take into consideration the idiots we labeled "Starship Troopers" back in the day.
    These people could never get high (or low) enough. They were the dick danger idiots of my day. Always looking for something to swallow in their search to achieve orbit.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Idiots are going to idiot no matter what. Drug addicts and alcohol addicts are no different in this respect. Neither should be allowed to raise children, and social services should be called for child neglect.

Possibly reduces OD rate but take into consideration the idiots we labeled "Starship Troopers" back in the day.
    These people could never get high (or low) enough. They were the dick danger idiots of my day. Always looking for something to swallow in their search to achieve orbit.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Um... no. Vices are not crimes. If you know you're buying heroin from them, we couldn't even charge them with fraud - regardless of any crimes committed under the influence of the product you purchased from them.

So you buy "heroin" and get heroin+fentanyl and die. No fraud?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Someone dies in the supply chain of cocaine en route from Columbia to your nose. Explain to me how your hands are clean.

Someone dies because there is a war. Explain to me how your hands are clean, since you support the perpetuation of the war.

Deceiminalization knocks the legs legs out from under the cartels. There isn't this amount of violence associated with the legitimate trade between us and our southern neighbors. End the war, and watch the violence decline.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Someone dies in the supply chain of cocaine en route from Columbia to your nose. Explain to me how your hands are clean.

My hands did not make that product supply and distribution chain more dangerous than it would naturally be without prohibition.

My hands did not artificially limit healthy and open competition, granting a monopoly niche and absurd profits to the most ruthless criminal elements.

The State wants it this way, not addicts/consumers.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    If you use drugs knowing that murders occur in the process, you are guilty of felony murder, aren't you?

Woobie? You're being aggressive for no reason. :chillpill:

Top Bottom