• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Just as an aside...do you think the antis know that we do things like use animal body parts to make our guns prettier? "Cause I really want to point that out to them.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just as an aside...do you think the antis know that we do things like use animal body parts to make our guns prettier? "Cause I really want to point that out to them.

Friend's wife is English and thus grew up in a sheltered/altered reality.

She was going on at length about their drive through rural Indiana and seeing "ostriches which the farmers here in Indiana keep as pets". This was years ago mind you and I was . . . more curt than I am now. Not saying it was right, but I was.

I pull back from my beer and raise my shirt to reveal a TK60 in ostrich leather. "Hell, lady, pets? They make damn fine holsters, not pets."

She hiccup cried for 10 minutes.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Friend's wife is English and thus grew up in a sheltered/altered reality.

She was going on at length about their drive through rural Indiana and seeing "ostriches which the farmers here in Indiana keep as pets". This was years ago mind you and I was . . . more curt than I am now. Not saying it was right, but I was.

I pull back from my beer and raise my shirt to reveal a TK60 in ostrich leather. "Hell, lady, pets? They make damn fine holsters, not pets."

She hiccup cried for 10 minutes.

When properly prepared, they are pretty tasty too!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    When properly prepared, they are pretty tasty too!
    Now that there is the TRUTH! I’ve had in burger form and roasted and sliced, it was like the best roast beef I ever had, with just a slightly different color and texture. I found some packages of ground ostrich at Jungle Jims awhile back, and was really tempted, but holy **** that stuff was expensive!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I understand why some liberals are upset at the way this hunter just shot this giraffe. Despite the fact that the meat was used, it seems like an unfair advantage for the hunter. To make it more sporting, she should use a coat hanger next time.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I understand why some liberals are upset at the way this hunter just shot this giraffe. Despite the fact that the meat was used, it seems like an unfair advantage for the hunter. To make it more sporting, she should use a coat hanger next time.

Coat hanger? What are you talking about? She should have to stand on a ladder and choke it with her bare hands! If you don't believe me, just call PETA!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

Did you see I suggested she stalk a pregnant giraffe and do a partial birth abortion on it?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

I sees what you did there. Bravo Sir, bravo...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My Milt Sparks has shark skin, are we still allowed to kill apex predators for sport? Shark meat SUCKS!!!!

There is a substantial market for the fins in Asia, and it's one of the bigger exports for US seafood. Not the same as sport hunting, of course. It's illegal to just harvest the fin, so its possible there's more supply then demand for shark leather, but I've never looked into it.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    There is a substantial market for the fins in Asia, and it's one of the bigger exports for US seafood. Not the same as sport hunting, of course. It's illegal to just harvest the fin, so its possible there's more supply then demand for shark leather, but I've never looked into it.
    Knew about the fins, didn’t know we were a big exporter of shark? The meat still sucks.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Damn, I have some exotic leather wallets and mostly watch straps (lizard, ostrich, alligator, crocodile, stingray, cowhide) but I didnt know they made holsters out of those too? Now I'm gonna have to look that up.

If I went hunting for giraffe and I knew liberals were getting their panties in a wad for it and throwing themselves off cliffs, I would immediately ask my guide if they had a buy one get one half off deal or something

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Anyone that doesn’t think ostrich is delicious has their head in the sand.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom