• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yesterday I went up to Bradis to check out a Walther PPQ M2. But unfortunately Shooter521 told me he was sold out but was expecting more anytime. So I did my usual walk through chatting with the guys and looking at a few things. But for the first time in my life since I have been into shooting and guns. I didn't see anything that really caught my eye. Nothing that I didn't already have or couldn't live without. Yeah they had a good selection of pistols, a nice Colt Combat Elite, and a CZ custom shop pistol and an SP-01 but none of it really jumped out at me. They had a good selection of ARs but since I have 2 nice ones they don't interest me anymore. They had a decent selection of AKs but since I have 2 Arsenals I am not looking for one right now. Bolt guns were plentiful but my Savage model 10 is sufficient for me. Shotguns were on the walls but my FN SLP and Mossy 590 were perfectly fine and needed no company.

I'm not sure if the anticipation I had for the Walther PPQ and then the disappointment of it not being there made it hard to get excited about anything else, or maybe I have dug myself a gun rut.

The only two guns I can think of that may add something I don't have would be a 10/22 take down (which Bradis had a couple of) and maybe a 9mm carbine like the TNW ASR both of which can be taken down and stowed in a pack. I like that idea for camping such, but I don't need them.

The Walther PPQ really only potentially addresses a few issues I have with Glocks and that is the trigger, the fact that they are butt ugly and they way they fit my hand.

Maybe its time for me to take up archery or reloading.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Bowling.

nerdist_bowling_8646_watermarked1.jpg

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I always find that the minute I find myself in that rut I just go spend a weekend shooting with my buddies and I get inspired.

Just remember, Having a need for a specific gun is not the same a "NEEDING" a gun, I dont need more than a couple of guns but I "NEED" a lot of different gun, sometimes even the same gun different caliber

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    I understand what you are getting at. I'm in a similar situation, combined with the fact that I am trying to simplfy my collection from a simple lagistics standpoint. There is nothing out there right now that stands out as something I have to have.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Not there yet, bu maybe my "collection" isn't diverse enough. My issue could be the opposite ... Can't go into a LGS without wanting to have something different even though I can't shoot them enough now. I have begun to get "bored" with firearm magazines (that's reading material not "clips" LOL). Seems like same articles just reprinted.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I understand what you are getting at. I'm in a similar situation, combined with the fact that I am trying to simplfy my collection from a simple lagistics standpoint. There is nothing out there right now that stands out as something I have to have.

Yep, Nail, head. WHACK!

I realized I can go out and do just about anything I want to shooting wise with what I have now. With the exception of ultra long range precision shooting and I just don't see the need to do that. If it is within 300-500 yards I know I can hit it with something I have already and I don't think I will ever be shooting at longer distances than that. I am in the process of simplifying my collection as well and narrowing down to what I really use and what I really want to keep. I will probably pick up a 10/22 takedown just for S**ts and giggles. And perhaps the Walther PPQ M2 if I feel it really offers an advantage, feel and fit wise, to my G19. Other than that I am done. I have finished my collection to the point I see necessary. Anything from here on will just be for fun.

I think what I want to do now is focus on building a B.O.B or two and securing a bug out location that is something I have wanted to do for awhile. And I can shift my focus to gear and ammo and the like. I know it isn't the best time to look for ammo but I gotta start somewhere.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have begun to get "bored" with firearm magazines (that's reading material not "clips" LOL). Seems like same articles just reprinted.

That is were it started for me. I haven't had a subscription to any gun magazines for almost 2 years now. I did have at one time 4 that I subscribed to and one I would pick up in the store once in awhile. Now I have none and I may skim an article or two while with my fiance at the store while she gets the groceries.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I feel ya, OP. I stopped buying guns just for buying guns' sake a long time ago. I haven't bought a gun in a couple years, and the last one I bought, I have yet to shoot and have toyed with selling.

That said, I have been spending plenty of money accessorizing and feeding the guns I do have...

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I was wondering if there were other folks in the same boat as me. I have reached the point where I have filled every realistic firearm want that I had. No matter what type of shooting I want to do, I have a gun in my safe that can do it. The good news is I am saving a few more pennies at the moment which will enable me to pick up that expensive rare gun that doesn't come along very often.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I feel ya, OP. I stopped buying guns just for buying guns' sake a long time ago. I haven't bought a gun in a couple years, and the last one I bought, I have yet to shoot and have toyed with selling.

That said, I have been spending plenty of money accessorizing and feeding the guns I do have...

Oh there are still a few I want. Like the PPQ M2 and a 10/22 take down that I still plan on picking up at some point. But just to buy a gun to be buying a gun I don't think I can justify it anymore. But I think the second part of your post is where I'm at now.

I remember you telling me about a Vortex optic that was similar to the Aimpoint PRO and I ment to ask you about it yesturday. What model is that again?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Nothing wrong with that. I'm always curious about the guys who just want a new gun of some sort because they have a few bucks to spend and ask folks here to give them guidance, but when asked don't have a purpose or particular "need" to fill with the new purchase.

Yep, Nail, head. WHACK!

I realized I can go out and do just about anything I want to shooting wise with what I have now. With the exception of ultra long range precision shooting and I just don't see the need to do that. If it is within 300-500 yards I know I can hit it with something I have already and I don't think I will ever be shooting at longer distances than that. I am in the process of simplifying my collection as well and narrowing down to what I really use and what I really want to keep. I will probably pick up a 10/22 takedown just for S**ts and giggles. And perhaps the Walther PPQ M2 if I feel it really offers an advantage, feel and fit wise, to my G19. Other than that I am done. I have finished my collection to the point I see necessary. Anything from here on will just be for fun.

I think what I want to do now is focus on building a B.O.B or two and securing a bug out location that is something I have wanted to do for awhile. And I can shift my focus to gear and ammo and the like. I know it isn't the best time to look for ammo but I gotta start somewhere.

Sounds like a pretty good plan to me.

I can relate to this. Funny the phases we go through. There was a time when I'd spend money on a gun I thought I wanted but wasn't sure why, but wouldn't spend money on a good holster, belt, etc.

I prefer to think I am wiser now.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I felt the exact same way at the 1500. Didn't see anything that caught my interest so I left empty-handed. I'm kind of looking for a nice bolt gun but just can't seem to spring the cash.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I have thought about that too. I have contacted Mindset Lab about some costs and class schedules. But time is the biggest factor in this area and right now that comes at a premium. Maybe if I can get a weekend off I will hit up some learning time.

I advocate training rather than buying more guns and gear. I also understand that time is limited. That's one of the reasons I teach one day classes. It's less of a time commitment and most students can find a day much more easily than an entire weekend.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I advocate training rather than buying more guns and gear. I also understand that time is limited. That's one of the reasons I teach one day classes. It's less of a time commitment and most students can find a day much more easily than an entire weekend.

I talked to Esrice a while back about a few classes and pricing. But I can't remember the prices he gave me. What does a typical class run and do you offer classes on Sundays? That is the only day I have totally free.

SmithGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I was wondering if there were other folks in the same boat as me. I have reached the point where I have filled every realistic firearm want that I had. No matter what type of shooting I want to do, I have a gun in my safe that can do it. The good news is I am saving a few more pennies at the moment which will enable me to pick up that expensive rare gun that doesn't come along very often.

My rule is that if I haven't shot it for a couple of years, I sell it and buy something I do want to shoot all the time. Still have not done blackpowder yet. I would love to go primitive and build a flintlock.

Top Bottom