• Poll closed .

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sounds good. They are going to drop the PP off tomorrow. They get extra for Saturday delivery. So.... I gave them your # if they have issues finding you. You can show them where you want it (suggest down wind ;-) I can walk a bit but I can't carry much very far (sad to say) I can do a dump and run with my stuff. I'll probably catch up with you tomorrow to drop stuff off and you can point me to a motel.

Hey, If by some wild miracle we get a functioning gun, can we get range time near there? I am going to bring some ammo. Hell if we had a big enough back stop I'd bring the AR50 psyko Doubt that is gonna fly though.
    Thanks so much! Yep Definitely get with me. Due to my wife's work and me having the kids I probably won't be able to go eat dinner with you Friday but your welcome to come ovr and we can set your tools up or whatever. I can't walk that far carrying stuff either, so I'll make sure people can drop off and I'll drive them back around the block if they need. It's not far to walk after parking, I just want people to know before they come. If we block the rite of way we will have the police visit and we don't need that.
    Beech grove firearms is down the way so people can test them there if they wish. I wish we had a place to shoot your ar50 but none that I know of locally

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I'll grab something to eat before or after I leave. NP. I am not sure how long I will be in Elwood. But it won't be late. I want to try to fall asleep early if I can tomorrow. But I am a late night person. I am hard to move much before noon. That's not gonna work on Saturday!! I want to get e early start. I will be moving slow by the end of the day :-(

I am shooting for heading back Saturday late. We'll see how it goes. It's going to be a fun filled day of tools and guns. How much better can it get and still keep your clothes on!! VitaminK: will be there right?? And we have pants and a shirt for him? :laugh:

Looking forward to meeting you all. I am thankful for Triggertime giving us the space. This is gonna be good!!! Let's have fun!!!

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Hey, If by some wild miracle we get a functioning gun, can we get range time near there? I am going to bring some ammo. Hell if we had a big enough back stop I'd bring the AR50 psyko Doubt that is gonna fly though.

I know everyone knows this but I will repeat it. No AK ammo in the build area.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sounds good!! I'm very excited to learn a lot of new stuff by seeing it happen!! I'll be ready to do mine later on.

BRING A CHAIR IF YOU HAVE ONE EVERYONE!

I have at least 4, but we will need more. I found 2 foldup tables. I have one more I can go get. Also I have 2 work tables. One has a vise mounted to it and the other has a drill press and a grinder on it. I think someone else is bringing a table too. We can also use the tailgate of my truck if we need to.
    i have 2 air grinders and one electric one (cut off wheels whatever you wanna call them. I have like 6 hand drills, 2 dremel tools. Oh and the welder. I think that's all the build related stuff I have.

Someone or or two people are bringing compressors I think. Mine took a dump a couple weeks ago and I need to replace part of it. I have a really long air hose and one coiled short one. I have a mini compressor that can be used to blow off dust (it's my duracoat compressor). I have camo paint, but I think I'm out of black paint. If you want to paint your build I recommend appliance paint or similar enamel type paint. Very durable. (Semigloss black enamel paint would give it that old style russian look. That's what they used)

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I am a gimp but my driver should be OK to drop me and the gear off before parking his vehicle for the day. I will bring my stuff and maybe a riveter if it arrives in time. I am looking forward to this fr sure.

I will also bring a package of Hot Dot and Hamburger buns as well. :)

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I'm bringing ammo!!! But fear not. It won't be in the build area! Not that crazy. Not gonna be a problem. Not going to bring a lot. And If I don't get it fired It's not a issue. NP

My car is getting full :-( Backs already killing me!! Ugh!!! I am planning on some folding chairs and a table if I can weasle it in on top of things.

I have some diamond cuttoff wheels for my dremel and just about every wheel/stone sanding thingy you can think of. Drill press is loaded and a couple small vices. I have to remember to grab my hold down clamps for the vises. I can't find my C clamps. I suspect I loaned them out :-( I'll by some if we need any. I have about everything but a bending jig and rail spot welder. Barrel and rivet tools are covered.

I am going to toss all 3 of my kits in the car. Polish should be complete. Rommy complete less the butt stock but I think someone is bringing one I can buy. The bulgy is not gonna happen but I will bring it so you guys can help me ID what I need!

The Polish is the project. The others are a after thought.

I am like a kid at Christmas!! Come on Saturday!!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I don't mind working out side. Especially if people are smoking in side. I have mild asthma. It shuts the air way off. Yeah I am a wimp!! I'll work around it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I am a gimp but my driver should be OK to drop me and the gear off before parking his vehicle for the day. I will bring my stuff and maybe a riveter if it arrives in time. I am looking forward to this fr sure.

I will also bring a package of Hot Dot and Hamburger buns as well. :)

I don't mind working out side. Especially if people are smoking in side. I have mild asthma. It shuts the air way off. Yeah I am a wimp!! I'll work around it.
    Thanks warthog!!

1911 I'm with you about the smoke it bothers me. I ask that if you smoke you please do it outside the garage as a courtesy to all. I'm not against it I just don't wanna breath it. I have a carport area attached to the garage so even if it's raining all our smokers will remain dry :)

Progress!!! 2 non drive able cars moved and garage space is starting to apear :): tomorrow it will be ready for Saturday. 1911 whe you come over Friday I'll ask your help in telling me how we should arrange tables presses Ect. I can't believe we are 2 days away!!!! This has snuck up fast for me. Very excitted!!

1911 touched on it but I will state it:

no 5.45x39 or 7.62x39 or whatever your ak takes ammo allowed in the garage at any time. Period. This is the warning.

personal pistols are encouraged!!! But keep them holstered. If you wanna go to your vehicle and show it of that's on you. No in holstered sidearms on my property please period. Unless for self defense of coarse.

no alcohol.

Medical: I have basic first aid items and also prior certification as a first responder. 911 will be our shtf option. If you have a medical need (diabetes,Ect) or an allergy issue please let me know when you arrive. That way we can watch each other.

fire: if there is a fire get the **** out! I have fire extinguishers here and will point them out. But if it's spreading we will call 911. Nothing is worth our lives or injury.

portapotty: 1911 rented this out of his own pocket (thank you!), please treat it with respect and think of your fellow builders who follow. We are adults. Enough said.

I think we have a good group of like minded guys that will respect each other and we will all hae a very memorable event and I hope not the last of them!! Ok my dick speach is over.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Scored a case (32 pack) of Aqua Fina water from work, no go on any sodas though. I may buy some for lunch purposes and maybe an Amp for the ride up! Confirming the Toth tools, air compressor, Dremel, and two builds to finish! Can't wait till Saturday!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    We are all on the same page! really scary. I carry a 357mag that I doubt you will even know I have. It's like American Express. Don't leave home without it. It's deep enough concealed. I won't leave a gun in a car "period". If it's a concern put it in your safe.

I'll have a case or 2 of Pepsi and can buy what ever any one needs. I was going to stop for some BBQ but I'll have a hard time keeping it cold for so long. I'll buy what ever we run short of on food. My gift to the group. I want this to be a good time!!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Myself and remauto11187 will be late as we are leaving my house at 9. You guys must be roosters, I don't usually get up that early nor foes my ride. :)

First thing I will do on arrival is **** on the lawn in front of both neighbor's wives. :): (just kidding.)
    Buns and my kit stuff are ready and so is TT's kit. I hope he likes it.

I will be armed openly and in the holster it will remain unless we are attacked. :)

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel
    Looks like I'm missing a rear trunion for my Romanian AK kit should any of you have a spare I have some extra parts otherwise for trade or I'll straight up buy it.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I know I don't have a spare rear )or any other) trunion. Sorry.

Yeah, to finally get this done is going to be good. Once my kit is finished I can and will help folks with theirs as I have many of these things under my belt. I've build many for myself and others and want to help out as much as I can. :)

The Plinker's Rivet Jig came from my buddy in IL so it will be with me as well to help with the riveting. :rockwoot:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Ok, I have landed. Left Triggs house just a bit ago. Great to meet you Trigg. We are offically a 100% go!! Starting time will be sometime after 9:00. Sounds like I am not the only thing hard to start in the AM :-)

Catch you all tomorrow!!!

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    God himself couldnt wake me up much before 8! :): If there was ever a fire at x am to 745am I would probably die. :laugh:

Some piece of trash broke in to a storage garage of mine and stole a refrigerator, 12ton harbor freight press and my girlfriend's tanning bed. No worries....Ill pickup another 12ton press from harbor freight on the way over to Warthogs place in the morning. The girlfriend AND the tanning bed will just have to wait... AK47's are more important. :rockwoot:

See you all around 10:15-10:45

While Warthog is peeing on the front line...Ill be standing in the middle of the street peeing like a boss! :laugh:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom