• Poll closed .

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Well thanks to Warthog ill have a polish underfolder kit to build on the 16th!! Woohoo!

Life is good!! and I even have the port a potty lined up ;-)

Now get them parts ordered!! lol AK builder has had a great stock of parts. I still need parts for the Bulgy build. I might order them although

I have plowed threw the savings this month. 6700.00 in land taxes and 1300.00 for a new tractor :-( I am still running in the green albeit a lighter shade :spend:lol. Awe hell, I'll go ahead and order them!! I'll get them before the great panic starts and you can't find any. I have to get a barrel, trigger group and rivets I think.

I have an commy barrel on the Rommy and a Green Mountain on the Polish. Not sure what barrel I will use on the bulgy. Probably another Green Mountain. I am going to avoid original mags. That should keep me 922r compliant on all guns at all times. I take it Tapco mags are good?

It looks like this party is coming together nicely. When's a good time to call you Triggertime? We should touch bases on a few things. I am up late 2-3 and awake after noon. I got your # somewhere.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I am going to avoid original mags. That should keep me 922r compliant on all guns at all times. I take it Tapco mags are good?

I work the opposite and never rely on American mags. I despise all polymer mags (Tapco, Thermold, etc) and only use commie steel (I just got my last batch for $8/mag) or Bulgarian steel reinforced polymer.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I work the opposite and never rely on American mags. I despise all polymer mags (Tapco, Thermold, etc) and only use commie steel (I just got my last batch for $8/mag) or Bulgarian steel reinforced polymer.

It's a compliance issue for me on one of my builds. I'd rather not have to remember what mag has to be used in what rifle. I guess I could. I have a perfectly good commy barrel I hate to replace just to be compliant.

Tapco mags are ok if you have a good ak. I'd go with magpul.
    awesome on the porta potty!!
    you can call me whenever. I don't have a set schedule. I'm up most times

I'll check out the Magpul's.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It's a compliance issue for me on one of my builds. I'd rather not have to remember what mag has to be used in what rifle. I guess I could. I have a perfectly good commy barrel I hate to replace just to be compliant.

I'll check out the Magpul's.
    I've got a couple you can check out at the party if you don't get one by then. They are good and cheap

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair

Never swap a good euro barrel. I have one on my Egyptian Maadi. Im in the same boat on my AMD 65 build for US parts. Try to swap the piston and muzzle device if you want to keep everything else.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    4am. Beat vigorously on the front door with something heavy as he's hard of hearing.
    Thanks!

when I talked to 1911 we seemed to agree earlier is better. Someone throw out a time and we will lock it in. We are probably gonna have to have some people drop off their stuff and maybe park one street over. Not far to walk at all. Not a lot of parking area right at the garage.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I suck at mornings :noway: But we should get started by 8:00 or so? What say you Triggertime? I am flexible. Well sorta... I'll bring a lot of caffeine!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I suck at mornings :noway: But we should get started by 8:00 or so? What say you Triggertime? I am flexible. Well sorta... I'll bring a lot of caffeine!
    Yep sounds good!
    i have coolers and I'll buy ice so bring whatever you want to drink or keep cold.

i your 100% attending then PM 1911ly for address. Not posting it

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    We have a plan! Everyone that is on the list as attending PM me. We'll get the info swapped.

8:00am August 16 and maybe carrying over to the 17 to finish loose ends up!

I think I am going to go buy a small MIG for my Bday present! I'll probably bring it too.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I drink tap water so I will just bring a big cup for myself. May be a bit late on the arrival depending on my ride and when he wishes to start out. I will PM in case he forgets to get the address too. Having some trouble getting the riveter off of my old partner so I hope there is an alternative in case he lets me down. Hopefully he won't though.

After long consideration of what's involver and what I wind up having to take home once things are mixed and how long those things remain usable once mixed, I will NOT bring my tank and parkerizing chemicals. I hope you can forgive me for this but it winds up not being worth the trouble.

I have your kit TT so don't worry about that, I wil bring it. :)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I was wondering of the parkerizing was gonna work out or not. It's kinda in depth so I don't blame you for not messing with it. can't wait to build that kit!! Thanks again warthog! I ordered the rivets and the receiver is next.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am happy leaving the chemicals at home. NP. It's probably safer. I have some Moly Coat that I might try. If I can keep from beating up things I might just be able to cold blue or give a try at rust blueing. I am not to worried about the finish. just want to get it shooting!

Top Bottom