• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So the French are sending in their tier 1 units to make this happen with as small of a footprint as possible. Good for them. We should be doing the same.

Last edited:

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Let me see if I've got this straight...

U.S. Embassy in Afghanistan warns US citizens to avoid airport in Kabul

The U.S. Embassy in Afghanistan issued a security warning on Saturday advising U.S. citizens to avoid the airport in Kabul.
    "Because of potential security threats outside the gates at the Kabul airport, we are advising U.S. citizens to avoid traveling to the airport and to avoid airport gates at this time unless you receive individual instructions from a U.S. government representative to do so," the embassy posted Saturday morning.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I see this debacle as further evidence that the election was rigged. Sure, a lot of Americans were duped by the media into thinking of the election as a popularity contest, but I have to believe that the idea that the majority of Americans voted in an obvious moron is not possible. There are a lot of dumb Americans but I have to believe that we we are smarter than this as a whole.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Let me see if I've got this straight...

U.S. Embassy in Afghanistan warns US citizens to avoid airport in Kabul

The U.S. Embassy in Afghanistan issued a security warning on Saturday advising U.S. citizens to avoid the airport in Kabul.
    "Because of potential security threats outside the gates at the Kabul airport, we are advising U.S. citizens to avoid traveling to the airport and to avoid airport gates at this time unless you receive individual instructions from a U.S. government representative to do so," the embassy posted Saturday morning.

Human sacrifice? Molochiban going door to door, but don't go to the last US held base in the whole country unless contacted by a representative of the government that just said they 'don't have the capability' to rescue you

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Unfortunately, the recent history of similarly positioned countries in Africa shows that mineral riches encourage the formation of kleptocrat governments as well as kleptocrat 'liberation' movements that both relentlessly use the population and the countries resources to maintain themselves in the style that they wish to become accustomed to
    Very true, well said.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I see this debacle as further evidence that the election was rigged. Sure, a lot of Americans were duped by the media into thinking of the election as a popularity contest, but I have to believe that the idea that the majority of Americans voted in an obvious moron is not possible. There are a lot of dumb Americans but I have to believe that we we are smarter than this as a whole.

bidet is a as a whole all right.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So the French are sending in their tier 1 units to make this happen with as small of a footprint as possible. Good for them. We should be doing the same.

Verified DSS agent on another forum I frequent says that all NATO countries are doing the same things, despite what public statements/media accounts say, FWIW.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    There are reports Biden and his military commanders had several scenarios they were discussing which predicted a "slower" Taliban takeover. That the country would take anywhere from a few months to several years to fall back under Taliban control. The Administration has been using that as an excuse for being caught blindsided.

As if a takeover in a few months to several years would have been a better scenario?

I don't hear many people calling this out. They were essentially resigned to the fact that the Afgan government and military would collapse into itself at some point soon.

Flash-hider

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    There are a lot of dumb Americans but I have to believe that we we are smarter than this as a whole.
    I think you are giving a lot of Americans too much credit. As a whole, our attention span is about a second and a half long. This weekend we'll be watching the 2nd round of the nfl exposition games, playing in the water, scurrying here and there, and tomorrow, the talking heads on the Sunday morning programs will be spinning the debacle in Afghanistan by blaming Trump. Then by this coming Wednesday the focus will be on mask and vaccine mandates, gun control, white racism, etc, etc. and Afghanistan will fade from sight.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom