• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You know? I understand the anger directed at all things democrat and Biden.

But, I can't help but wonder where the contingency plans and logistics re; Afghanistan withdrawal are in the Pentagon. WTF do we pay all of those guys with lots of stars for? Admirals, Generals, AirJockeys....

I understood the chaos of the Vietnam withdrawal. And the guys who drove the boats and helicopters did a bang-up job considering.

But, that was 45+ years ago. The new guys with stars have PhD's, and support staff that didn't exist back then.

And they can't figure out how to evacuate a country?

I guess the obvious answer is: They didn't have a plan to run Iraq after the invasion, what makes me think they could manage a withdrawal?

Why do we pay these guys?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

But, I can't help but wonder where the contingency plans and logistics re; Afghanistan withdrawal are in the Pentagon. WTF do we pay all of those guys with lots of stars for? Admirals, Generals, AirJockeys....

I understood the chaos of the Vietnam withdrawal. And the guys who drove the boats and helicopters did a bang-up job considering.

But, that was 45+ years ago. The new guys with stars have PhD's, and support staff that didn't exist back then.

I guess the obvious answer is: They didn't have a plan to run Iraq after the invasion, what makes me think they could manage a withdrawal?

I agree. It seems like history has taught them nothing.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    View attachment 153477

My entire adult life, I've only felt my freedom was actually threatened by those 2 groups (or their kin). As I become an older adult, I generally just translate "democrats" into "federal government" and call it a day.
    Yep. Go Libertarian. We just want to take over the world and leave everyone alone.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

They're just welfare collectors who shook the right hands at the right time.

An exit plan should have been on the books after we toppled the government initially. But clearly, there was no plan of any kind for anything.

It just confirms my suspicions that they wanted this to be an eternal conflict to justify budgets, and that no cause really existed beyond what individuals on the ground may have felt like they were accomplishing.

It's hard to convince congress to dump a trillion dollars on a new plane or a new ship if you can't justify a need for it.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Too busy doing endless diversity audits and conducting trans sensitivity training.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    Year after year we saw that Afg was a lost cause. Their "Democratic Government" is entirely incapable of maintaining itself. The ANA is a bunch of feeble old men, pedophiles, and smack addicts, know wonder they crumbled so quickly. The Afghan people over the last 20 years have taken zero initiative in their own "Nation" because they're stuck in their tribal bs for the past two millennia. We spent so much time, money, and blood in the graveyard of empires and are surprised that it has bled us out too. It's stupid.
    There was a mission in 2001; militaries kill, not nation build.
    We should have never been there that long.
    The withdrawal however has been miserably executed, so much needless bloodshed and suffering. Why not remove all American interest before withdrawal? Why not remove or destroy the implements of war we BROUGHT?
    It's all political theater, lives for clout.
    Don't worry though, all these wonderful military aged men are going to bring great worth to this country.

Attachments

• 5C16DD8A-C066-43D3-A7FF-11D793E68246.jpeg
      5C16DD8A-C066-43D3-A7FF-11D793E68246.jpeg
      675.5 KB · Views: 17

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Politicians on both sides of the aisle sent our boys in green over there and got them killed. There may have been some semblance of a mission in 2001-2003ish, but after that it was mission creep and nation building to fill the pockets of the military industrial complex and thus, those same politicians through investments and lobbyists.

Now those same politicians, mostly democrat but more than evidently some republicans, want that same mission creep here at home to obtain control over the citizenry.

I’m more concerned about local politicians subverting our constitution and trampling our rights with the apparatuses of war that they’ve perfected (read: counterinsurgency, surveillance) over the last 20 years than I am about about tribal warlords in the Graveyard of Empires. Will some of those jihadis become emboldened and continue to strike at America, especially now that we have been cucked on the world stage? Absolutely. But there’s a lot of logistics to get them here to cause any damage (although being flown here courtesy of the good ol’ US of A) and our non-existent southern border will make things easier for them to do so.

All the while those overpaid, milquetoast brass collars are more worried about white supremacy, critical race theory and “domestic violent extremists” than they are at keeping those external threats at bay. One would have to be a fool to think that they are just gonna flip the switch after running home with their tails between their legs. They spent billions of dollars for all that technology, training and infrastructure - they need somewhere to use it and they’ve already called anyone not toeing the (democrat) party line a “threat.” Between those apparatuses and the culling of the military, well... 2 + 2 = 4.

You wanna be mad at somebody? Be mad at the politicians both in elected office and in the top ranks of the military that have done and continue to do everything they can to run the USS America into the ground and burn the wreckage.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Yep 20 years to have multiple withdrawal plans ready to go and they had none! Time to fire anyone who has a part in this starting with the top brass at the Pentagon.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

All those guys with the stars are worrying more about how to display soldiers’ pronouns on their uniforms and how to atone for their whiteness. I guess that’s what we pay them for now.

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    All those guys with the stars are worrying more about how to display soldiers’ pronouns on their uniforms and how to atone for their whiteness. I guess that’s what we pay them for now.

Attachments

• JOINT-CHIEFS-CHAIRPERSON-326x245.jpg
      JOINT-CHIEFS-CHAIRPERSON-326x245.jpg
      34.9 KB · Views: 22
    Top Bottom