• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Man, there's a lot to unpack there. You were in your early 20's on 9/11 and don't remember why we went to Afghanistan? Or apparently think Iraq preceded it?
    I was in college yeah. Wasn’t paying attention to most things geo-political.

But yeah, I thought we went to Iraq first right after 9/11.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I was in college yeah. Wasn’t paying attention to most things geo-political.

But yeah, I thought we went to Iraq first right after 9/11.

Nothing personal, but I can't even fathom being so disconnected from the world on 9/11 that you don't recall the immediate aftermath.

If that's where you're starting I'm not going to try and explain it to you beyond this:
    We wanted Osama Bin Laden and his network for crimes against Americans abroad. The Taliban wouldn't give them up. We got sanctions on Afghanistan put in place to attempt to force them to. 9/11 happened, escalating the stakes dramatically. The Taliban still wouldn't give up Bin Laden or Al-queda. We invaded.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Can't help but notice, we were dependent on private citizen social media accounts to provide video of the grabasstic Dunkirk evacuation, and the purported video of the goat ****ers in the government palace is from Al Jazeera. We're not getting much of a scoop from the American Mainstream Media, and the President isn't talking. The safety of the Americans involved has not even been assured yet. The Administration is in the midst of a personal Benghazi event that could doom the Presidency, and it appears the American Media were basically going to knowingly or unknowingly leave it unreported - up until Al Jazeera and Social Media pulled the curtain off the full oscillating rotator aspect of the situation.
    MSM is hoping if they don't cover it, no one will know?

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Can't help but notice, we were dependent on private citizen social media accounts to provide video of the grabasstic Dunkirk evacuation, and the purported video of the goat ****ers in the government palace is from Al Jazeera. We're not getting much of a scoop from the American Mainstream Media, and the President isn't talking. The safety of the Americans involved has not even been assured yet. The Administration is in the midst of a personal Benghazi event that could doom the Presidency, and it appears the American Media were basically going to knowingly or unknowingly leave it unreported - up until Al Jazeera and Social Media pulled the curtain off the full oscillating rotator aspect of the situation.
    And apparently not a single Taliban convoy, as they approached Kabul from all sides, was so much as fired upon by small arms fire let alone that AFG Air Force we were hearing about 4 days ago. That, or I just missed the media coverage of the dramatic defense effort.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You either want democracy or you don’t. Looks to me like they’d rather be ruled by goat****ing, woman beating, young boy raping religious zealots. Not that there aren’t sane people there, and my heart goes out to them, but if they want to live in a sane land they’ll just have to move to one.
    It isn't our job to try and change a whole civilization to something they detest in the first place. Now maybe if they were a Christian nation or something similar in belief as we are then they would understand the basic human rights and liberty over occultism.

Just a reminder we were not given a democracy we were given a Constitutional Republic which we the people have failed to maintain properly.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Steve Hilton on fire. He pretty much nails it from all angles. Worth a watch.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Never been any more apropos than now...
    1629115727059.png

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Well, the equipment maybe. How about maintenance, logistics? Oh, and that little thing... trained pilots?
    And with that equipment, lots of high tech that we’d like to keep secret from our adversaries. Maybe they already had it. Maybe they didn’t. It’s no mystery now. The Chinese and Russians are busy dissecting.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Part of this is what happens when news is profit driven. Having reporters is expensive. Having international reporters is even more expensive. Having reporters in danger is expensive and bad PR. So they don't have reporters. They have repeaters. They buy stories from somewhere like the AP or local sources or just sift social media and repeat. Kind of like meteorologists vs weathermen. The second is cheaper but is just repeating information.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    That we initiated the war in order to change an Afghan refusal to allow a pipeline through their territory
    Hey Bug.
    Yesterday evening while picking beans and digging taters (great down time for pondering the mysteries of the universe) I remembered that at about that same time (summer of '01) when the taliban was saying no, that Tatyana Koryagina was giving the presentation before the Russian legislative assembly (the Duma) saying that the US was about to receive an attack designed to initiate the take down of the financial system, who was going to do it and why. In other words, people in high places were already talking about it weeks in advance, adjusting their portfolios accordingly (now they're called 911 trades), and preparing to be simply shocked that such a thing could occur. So any way, it put a new slant on it for me.

Top Bottom