Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Didn't some former general say the same thing a few years ago
    Former SECDEF Gates. Something like, "Every foreign policy instinct he has had since the Nixon Administration has been wrong."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Maybe this....
    Speaking to Politico about Obama's concerns, one aide recalled him saying: “Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f**k things up.”
    CBS's "Face The Nation" host Margaret Brennan asked Gates if he stood by a statement from his memoir that Biden has "been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades."

"I think I stand by that statement," Gates said.
    Robert Gates, Obama's SecDef

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Biden is under attack. Alpo is here with the chopper to evacuate. :):
    Nah. But you guys seem long on opinion, but perhaps a bit short on history and what's happened in the last 20 years. I know, y'all were busy Making America Great Again.

However, here is an easy read. One among 100's of articles written by both the left and right on Afghanistan and the change of direction into Iraq. https://millercenter.org/president/gwbush/foreign-affairs

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Nah. But you guys seem long on opinion, but perhaps a bit short on history and what's happened in the last 20 years. I know, y'all were busy Making America Great Again.

However, here is an easy read. One among 100's of articles written by both the left and right on Afghanistan and the change of direction into Iraq. https://millercenter.org/president/gwbush/foreign-affairs
    This is INGO where reading 1 article is too much. Not to mention 100! :lmfao:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Either we eventually pull out and cut our losses or make Afghanistan the 51st state.

It is called the "Graveyard of Empires" for a reason.

It will also probably always be important to an West / East overland trade route if we can get some semblance of the Silk Road back in business. But besides being between two (2) important economic powers, Europe in the west and China with India in the East, it offers nothing of value in and of itself.

I think we should have pulled out about 18 years ago. But we didn't, so here we are.

I don't like much of Pres Biden, but on this issue I fully support him. Either that or give them two (2) Senators, several Congressmen, a Governor, and make them the 51st state.

Regards,

Doug

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Either we eventually pull out and cut our losses or make Afghanistan the 51st state.

It is called the "Graveyard of Empires" for a reason.

It will also probably always be important to an West / East overland trade route if we can get some semblance of the Silk Road back in business. But besides being between two (2) important economic powers, Europe in the west and China with India in the East, it offers nothing of value in and of itself.

I think we should have pulled out about 18 years ago. But we didn't, so here we are.

I don't like much of Pres Biden, but on this issue I fully support him. Either that or give them two (2) Senators, several Congressmen, a Governor, and make them the 51st state.

Regards,

Doug
    It’s one thing to agree with a pullout but the issue with some was the cluster **** of a way it was handled by the Biden administration.

But either way in the end it was probably inevitable that the taliban would return to power.

Biden himself was in denial though back in July with his emphatic prediction to the contrary which IMO was a miscalculation on his part and the mad scramble fubar we’re seeing now is the result of that.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It’s one thing to agree with a pullout but the issue with some was the cluster **** of a way it was handled by the Biden administration.

But either way in the end it was probably inevitable that the taliban would return to power.

Biden himself was in denial back in July which IMO was a miscalculation on his part and what we’re seeing now is the result of that.
    ...and now they will be bolder, smarter and way better equipped for the next time we are forced to kill them off again.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne

Biden himself was in denial though back in July with his emphatic prediction to the contrary which IMO was a miscalculation on his part and the mad scramble fubar we’re seeing now is the result of that.

I don't disagree with this at all! There may(?) have been a better way, but weighing all of the options I don't know.

The issue is what did we know and what were our estimates, and what were those estimates based upon? Somebody screwed up seriously somewhere between the PFC's on the ground and POTUS. Maybe many screwups, maybe a few. I don't know.

All I know is that it took the Nazi's longer to conquer France than it is the Taliban to take Afghanistan, and that's just sad...

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom