• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Tell us please, what Salma feels like, PLEASE.
    I'd be spending less time here, if I knew that. ;)

(Although, I'm reminded of a poster a guy had in college. Had a beautiful woman on it. Dressed seductively. The caption was, "Somewhere, there's a guy sick of putting up with her ****." :) Part of me wonders if that's true of women like Salma, too.)

Really, violent thugs? That is a strong accusation. Please post links or retract that statement.

Wait.

You want citations for people perceiving gun owners as violent thugs?

You really don't watch much MSM, do you?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :D

This isn't an argument (although we can debate that, if you want). ;) This is a discussion, IMHO.

I think it is self-deceptive to suggest that all of INGO would speak this way "among us" and not also echo these labels in real life. For you, I take you at your word. Venting one's spleen here in order to put a brave face on "out there" makes sense.

Do you really think that applies to all who've posted such things?

An X-coworker friend of the spouse came by yesterday to check on the spouse. She is a flaming Liberal. But she does now own a gun due to her and hubby getting mugged. I taught them both to shoot. They still ride the :koolaid: wagon on AR-15's. They are also not all that up to speed on this tragedy.
    I took a half hour and put her in these threads so she can view how "WE" think. She read some of the links provided. She read some of the posts.
    She said her and hubby were going to get more into this forum. It seemed to make a diff. in her rhetoric. Even reading the more harsh response.
    One comment was "I had no idea that gun owners were actually this sad about this"......And that she had not read all the new stuff about the sheriff etc.

I was calm and used big words. I hope she followed trough.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The implication seemed to be that we were acting like a bunch of violent thugs playing into the hands of the MSM.

Your last several posts have been about INGO posters acting like those in the media.

You said: And if the goal is to win the war, not just an isolated battle, is it helpful to be viewed as violent thugs? ;)

I did not put that in a quote box so it doesn't disappear.

You were expressing concern over INGOers statements not what the MSM is saying.

You are a lawyer and used to saying that what we read is not what what you wrote. You enjoy attempting to paint others as not nearly as intelligent as yourself.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    2j5ylad.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The implication seemed to be that we were acting like a bunch of violent thugs playing into the hands of the MSM.

Your last several posts have been about INGO posters acting like those in the media.

You said: And if the goal is to win the war, not just an isolated battle, is it helpful to be viewed as violent thugs? ;)

I did not put that in a quote box so it doesn't disappear.

You were expressing concern over INGOers statements not what the MSM is saying.

You are a lawyer and used to saying that what we read is not what what you wrote. You enjoy attempting to paint others as not nearly as intelligent as yourself.

What part of "viewed as violent thugs" makes you think I'm calling INGOers violent thugs?

This isn't about intelligence, it is about both appearing reasonable and - ideally - BEING reasonable.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What part of "viewed as violent thugs" makes you think I'm calling INGOers violent thugs?

This isn't about intelligence, it is about both appearing reasonable and - ideally - BEING reasonable.

I believe there was a "Thug" reference up thread. I did not get the context of it as I was being unruly in another thread...:):

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

For the record, while I know you're very intelligent, I never thought you were being condescending.... that means to talk down to.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I inferred that you were stating that posting style was making us look like violent thugs.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Whoa! Nice catch. Guess I'm off my a-game this morning. Probably due to a small personal victory no one here wants to know about.

Nicely done, Kut!

How else could we take away any joy for your small personal victory if you don't post it and open yourself up to INGO ridicule? ;)

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    How else could we take away any joy for your small personal victory if you don't post it and open yourself up to INGO ridicule? ;)

You can't take this away!

Lets just say when they cut out your appendix, the plumbers go on strike. The 6 day strike has been lifted, much to my relief.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom