• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    While I don't agree with the kid's positions, he appears to have survived a real shooting with real bullets in near proximity to where he was.

I don't know there's anything in Basic or AIT that would scare him more than that day.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    While I don't agree with the kid's positions, he appears to have survived a real shooting with real bullets in near proximity to where he was.

I don't know there's anything in Basic or AIT that would scare him more than that day.

You mean besides marriage, right?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    [really funny thing that he edited, so now I edited]

a9bd4220f86a7078fdfed5e39016225fb47079c12a1553672424a2cca55436e8.jpg

:)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What can't we talk about then? I'm sorry but I am totally not into groupthink. And this sounds hella like that.

Donnelly was elected because the person he was facing was a horrible candidate. He faced that horrible candidate because people wanted to get THEIR "purer" republican elected, but THEIR pure republican did not appeal to the wider constituency. But also, I strongly suspect that Democrats voted in the primary for Mourdock to help him beat Luger, because that's the only chance they had to take that seat. What, exactly, did badmouthing anyone have to do with that?

If you want "our people" to get elected, you better expand "our" to much beyond you. Run candidates that people want to vote for. People didn't like Mourdock. He came off as a smarmy fundamentalist religious fanatic. And he didn't know how to handle a simple question. I voted for him, BTW.

And this just brings home what I addressed during the election season. Some of you guys are simply unwilling to take your candidates to task for **** they get wrong.

Yep. This is exactly what I'm talking about.

We have suffered through 5 years of lib/dem voting for half of Indiana's Senatorial votes because of "feelings." There was a better option, but "we" fell for the liberal trap.

Will "we" do this again or will we learn from our mistakes?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

Scare? Hardly. Although a lot of irrational fear somehow makes its way in people's minds while they're there. The unknown plays tricks on people. But still, nothing close to gunfire.

But he would have faced things much more challenging and demanding of character in basic. Obeying your lizard instinct to flee danger is hardly difficult.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Schools are safer than they were in the 90s, and school shootings are not more common than they used to be, researchers say

...The deadly school shooting this month in Parkland, Florida, has ignited national outrage and calls for action on gun reform. But while certain policies may help decrease gun violence in general, it’s unlikely that any of them will prevent mass school shootings, according to James Alan Fox, the Lipman Family Professor of Criminology, Law, and Public Policy at Northeastern...

...“This is not an epidemic”
    Mass school shootings are incredibly rare events. In research publishing later this year, Fox and doctoral student Emma Fridel found that on average, mass murders occur between 20 and 30 times per year, and about one of those incidents on average takes place at a school...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    i don't disagree. It would have been great if he nodded, went, announced that CNN had given him a script, then asked his own question.

It appears that this kid, and his dad, are liars.

The father of a Florida shooting survivor acknowledged Tuesday he omitted words in an email he sent media outlets accusing CNN of using scripted remarks at a town hall on guns and school safety.

In one exchange, 17-year-old Colton Haab proposes several questions to ask at the town hall, including one on whether to arm teachers. His father, a Republican gun owner, later emailed Stevenson a four-page document with a roughly 700-word speech and a series of questions he said Colton wanted to ask.

Stevenson told the father the additional language he proposed was "way too long" and Colton would need to stick to the question "that he submitted." The words "that he submitted" were left off the email sent to Fox News and Huffington Post.
    https://www.usnews.com/news/us/arti...ivors-father-admits-email-changes-in-cnn-spat

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Surviving that shooting was a matter of luck and he had no choice as the situation was thrust on him and he could either survive, or not. Basic is a matter of choice to get there and a matter of daily choices to stay and succeed. Very much apples and oranges. I would agree with churchmouse that there was no way that snotty douche would make it through basic. I don't think surviving the shooting would make any difference at all.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I feel bad that the kid had to go through that. But surviving such an ordeal doesn't make one an expert on gun violence. If anything the emotional experience of that day probably renders him incapable of dealing with the topic in a rational way. But the left isn't looking for rational. Their bread and butter is irrational emotions.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So more and more and more is coming out on this.
    I am waiting for more than a few apology's to the NRA and associated 2A advocate groups/people.

Yeah thats not gonna happen.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    All I ever see is shout downs. Name calling. Labels etc. Never anything solid as what should be done. They have nothing solid.
    But they did introduce us to the Vagina suit. That is a strong indicator of what they are.

So much fail with that one, that's for sure. The worst part is, if you watch any "debates" where the reasonable people are shouted down, the other side sees those as victories. Not that they made valid points, not that they had logical arguments that lead to something that makes you think or could lead to changes, but that they shouted loud enough to drown out anything our side had to say. It's sad to me that the libs think that throwing a tantrum like a toddler is not only acceptable, but desired.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So much fail with that one, that's for sure. The worst part is, if you watch any "debates" where the reasonable people are shouted down, the other side sees those as victories. Not that they made valid points, not that they had logical arguments that lead to something that makes you think or could lead to changes, but that they shouted loud enough to drown out anything our side had to say. It's sad to me that the libs think that throwing a tantrum like a toddler is not only acceptable, but desired.

That was what was refreshing about Dana Loesch's performance during that townhall ambush. She doesn't get shouted down.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    elijaharchiive
    Top Bottom