Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My understand has been that EMT personnel are held back until is safe for them to enter.

But then I also thought that the doctrine stated that police were not supposed to wait for backup in this situation.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sounds like the sheriff and his machine will be thrown under the bus to preserve the education/justice gaming scheme that brings in the bucks.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    OK........but what is to be done.

The first thing to do is make sure our people get elected.

How long has our Indiana Senators canceled each other's vote out? We foolishly stuck ourselves with Donnelly over the same thing I'm talking about - feelings. We ate our own because of "feelings" and have paid dearly for the past 5 years.

These "feelings" are the result of us badmouthing our own. They result in foolishly changing sides, throwing away votes or not voting at all.

Donnelly has made anti-gun votes and may well get a chance to make another before we unload him. Forget about other close critical votes in the Senate that effect us otherwise (Obamacare, immigration, etc.)

We too readily forget about him and the real reason he got there. He got there because his opponent (whose voting record was stellar,) worded something poorly and the libs promoted it. Too many of us, especially the loud ones, "just couldn't bring themselves," to vote for the guy that would have voted our way every time.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/backfiretrump-tweet-every-gun-death-173041810.html

They want everyone to swamp President Trump with Tweets every gun death.
    This is from Huffington Post, but is a Yahoo article.
    So, there are a buttload of great comments.
    People mentioned President Trump just has to block that.
    Also people asked if they're going to tweet about other deaths, or why no one's mad at the previous Presidents, etc.

But what is the burr cut chick (???) and douche nozzle going to do for a spotlight now.

Well.....it is the NRA's fault right.

Isn't "the kids" behind this twitter thing? And is it the same reason all those companies were pressured to separate with the NRA?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The first thing to do is make sure our people get elected.

How long has our Indiana Senators canceled each other's vote out? We foolishly stuck ourselves with Donnelly over the same thing I'm talking about - feelings. We ate our own because of "feelings" and have paid dearly for the past 5 years.

These "feelings" are the result of us badmouthing our own. They result in foolishly changing sides, throwing away votes or not voting at all.

Donnelly has made anti-gun votes and may well get a chance to make another before we unload him. Forget about other close critical votes in the Senate that effect us otherwise (Obamacare, etc.)

We too readily forget about him and the real reason he got there. He got there because his opponent (whose voting record was stellar,) worded something poorly and the libs promoted it. Too many of us, especially the loud ones, "just couldn't bring themselves," to vote for the guy that would have voted our way every time.

What can't we talk about then? I'm sorry but I am totally not into groupthink. And this sounds hella like that.

Donnelly was elected because the person he was facing was a horrible candidate. He faced that horrible candidate because people wanted to get THEIR "purer" republican elected, but THEIR pure republican did not appeal to the wider constituency. But also, I strongly suspect that Democrats voted in the primary for Mourdock to help him beat Luger, because that's the only chance they had to take that seat. What, exactly, did badmouthing anyone have to do with that?

If you want "our people" to get elected, you better expand "our" to much beyond you. Run candidates that people want to vote for. People didn't like Mourdock. He came off as a smarmy fundamentalist religious fanatic. And he didn't know how to handle a simple question. I voted for him, BTW.

And this just brings home what I addressed during the election season. Some of you guys are simply unwilling to take your candidates to task for **** they get wrong.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm starting to believe the sherriff and maybe some others wanted a high body count. I know it's hard to swallow but at this point it wouldn't surprise me so he could push an agenda and put his face out there more. Refuse to properly train the department and snuff out any real leaders. Tragedy is bound to strike and the fix is already in

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm starting to believe the sherriff and maybe some others wanted a high body count. I know it's hard to swallow but at this point it wouldn't surprise me so he could push an agenda and put his face out there more. Refuse to properly train the department and snuff out any real leaders. Tragedy is bound to strike and the fix is already in

The cynical side of me wants to agree with that.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Although I'm sure he relishes all the attention I just can't believe this. I put it down to gross incompetence and liberalism run amok.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Dereliction-NRD-600.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I don't know.
    You'd have to be stone cold to do that.
    You'd have to have a group that could keep a secret.
    You'd have to be sure nothing could tie back to you.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

As "conspiracy theory-ish" as that sounds, I can tell you that similar things happen in the fire industry.
    In the crazy CA wildfires when I worked there, Cal Fire had orders for all departments NOT to travel off the main highway to save homes that were scattered throughout the San Diego mountain towns. Lucky the out of state departments that came from "everywhere else" to help, said screw the orders and drove past the Cal Fire guys that were yelling and blocking them. Many of the properties saved out there were from outside help because each stood their ground at peoples homes. Huge political ****storm afterwards and it officially got buried. Never made the news.

Bottom line - The more acreage that burned, the more funding for the next year.

FOLLOW THE MONEY!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Homes burning is a bit different that listening to gunshots in a school doncha think?

Yep-
    But even after full evacuations for days, a bunch of residents still stayed to protect their own homes. They were very happy to see a crew coming up their road to stand with them.

It's all about money. Budgets and grants run the world.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Speaking of agendas, anyone seen a statement from Donnelly on where he stands surrounding this situation?

I've heard nothing. But I could write him, and report back on the verbiage of his typical, gun-related, canned response, if you'd like.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom