bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wayne Lapierre speaking at CPAC...

...and he's kicking ass and taking names.

-----------------------------------

[FONT=&amp]Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]What many people don’t understand, or don’t want to understand, is that Wayne, Chris and the folks who work so hard at the @NRA are Great People and Great American Patriots. They love our Country and will do the right thing. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
    [/FONT]

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...and he's kicking ass and taking names.

-----------------------------------

[FONT=&amp]Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]What many people don’t understand, or don’t want to understand, is that Wayne, Chris and the folks who work so hard at the @NRA are Great People and Great American Patriots. They love our Country and will do the right thing. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
    [/FONT]

With that account and the tweet, heads are exploding on both sides.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think the answer is to take away the targets. Lots of gun owners argue for hardening targets (provide guns to the good guys). My input is to take the targets away completely.

Make school doors to each room truly lockable and unable to be kicked in or shot in. Make sure each room can be exited directly to outside (second story rooms get escape ladders/ropes, etc...).

Seems pretty damn simple. Shots fired would result in a true lock down, and a shooter wouldn't have access to targets. Take away the targets, and the shooter has nothing to shoot at.

Sounds good, but doors in public buildings have to unlock during a fire alarm, this is even true at the airport which is a much more locked-down environment. You could have purely mechanical deadbolt locks engaged from inside, but you better reinforce the doors to be bulletproof like they do in aircraft cockpit entryways and make the classroom windows bulletproof, too. And even then, what if a madman pours accelerant under a classroom door and ignites it. I don't think passive measures will ever be enough, you need someone to engage the maniac ASAP and hopefully end the threat

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    28166781_440305566400329_8322486043162162690_n.png

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Well I don't really know if I like that law or not. Sure seems like it gives officers a very broad interpretation they could use and possibly abuse if they had bad intentions.
    If it's used I hope it's done right

ANY law can be abused. ANY law can be ignored. So why do we have ANY laws?:dunno:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Well I don't really know if I like that law or not. Sure seems like it gives officers a very broad interpretation they could use and possibly abuse if they had bad intentions.

I agree. That law gives me an uncomfortable pause.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So dumb kids....that's what you get from that account.

OK

No, I think t was a professional actor sent to places to try and discredit liberal movements.
    Actually, I was just thinking of how easily the kid gave up, after being told he could ask the question he wanted. It does not appear that he ever considered just saying "ok," and then throwing a Gremlin in the works when he had the chance to ask his question.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    No, I think t was a professional actor sent to places to try and discredit liberal movements.
    Actually, I was just thinking of how easily the kid gave up, after being told he could ask the question he wanted. It does not appear that he ever considered just saying "ok," and then throwing a Gremlin in the works when he had the chance to ask his question.

i don't disagree. It would have been great if he nodded, went, announced that CNN had given him a script, then asked his own question.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy

I've also heard of this law and do not know what due process protections are in place. I'd like to know especially after dealing with the property room @ IMPD and their 2 MONTH wait estimate to get back my firearm.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom