Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know this sounds tin-hat-ish but it's almost like someone's prepared a crisis response plan and had it on the shelf, ready to go, when the "right" event occured.

Seriously.....in all the practice they have had since Sandy Hook I am sure this is the case. When the red lights and alarms went off (another mass shooting at a school) the scripts and game plan came out and went into full attack mode.

I hate sounding like this but the evidence is crystal clear.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Americans are "exceptional" because of the founding documents. The rights we enjoy are what make us exceptional. Someday citizen slaves of the United States will look back at this point in history as when the tide turned against them. Because after the 2nd is gutted the rest will fall like a house of cards.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    They seem to be embracing their moniker of the Fake News Network.

Why would any Republican politician agree to go to a town hall meeting set up by CNN or MSNBC? It is going to be set up to attack and embarrass them. They don't get enough watchers, ratings wise, to justify the risk.

they are just showing they are the bigger people.....Hitlary and her clowns would never do a interview on Fox....

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Well from all the post-town hall commentary I’m reading, sounds like some facts were presented by the NRA/Republican side, and everybody else was just screaming about guns being evil. Sounds productive. And predictable.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    They seem to be embracing their moniker of the Fake News Network.

Why would any Republican politician agree to go to a town hall meeting set up by CNN or MSNBC? It is going to be set up to attack and embarrass them. They don't get enough watchers, ratings wise, to justify the risk.

You have to preach where the sinners are, I suppose. I didn't waste my time watching this thing. Maybe...just maybe Dana and maybe little Marco got a few people thinking or at least to take a baby step back from the ledge.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Exposed? They played this up masterfully, and they got some useful idiots to play into the scheme. This had zero net benefit for 2A supporters, the NRA, nor the GOP. People that agree with them still do.... the real prize was appealing to fence-sitters, which seems likely after this fiasco.

I think there are some fence sitters who can see through this...

Ml1UDIA.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You have to preach where the sinners are, I suppose. I didn't waste my time watching this thing. Maybe...just maybe Dana and maybe little Marco got a few people thinking or at least to take a baby step back from the ledge.

Dana used to work for the DNC. She knows the playbook. She shook off the indoctrination.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Gun hate is something that I really never understood in this country. It's roots go back to kings, aristocrats, and dictators, not leadership that would be welcomed in a country founded on the principles of freedom.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Gun hate is something that I really never understood in this country. It's roots go back to kings, aristocrats, and dictators, not leadership that would be welcomed in a country founded on the principles of freedom.

I would bet that there is maybe 1% of the population that is ACTUALLY anti-gun. The majority of anti-gunners aren’t anti-gun, they just don’t want guns in the hands of the “bad guys”. They’re fine with military/police/swat having AR-15 style rifles. So they’re not anti-gun, because that’s stupid. Maybe they don’t know they’re pro-gun. Maybe Dana shed a little light on that. Like I said, there may be a small pocket of hardcore pacifists that are actually anti-gun, but even they’re more like anti-violence.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Of course it is the NRA's fault. This guy and his department dropped the ball here. He has been seen/pictured with the likes of Billery and bernie. He is a leftist. So yes....blame anyone but himself.

Even though he wears a badge, as Sheriff he is a politician. Deflecting the blame to someone else for what he sees as a possible political gain.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

This is why I think it's valuable to invite people to go shooting with you. People that were not raised around guns, never shot a gun, never been around people that do, just don't get it. They view them as loud, they kick, they're expensive, people they don't like are fond of them, and whatever else. It's not a part of their culture. I need to be more active in inviting my friends that don't like them to come out and check them out and see the other side.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I know this sounds tin-hat-ish but it's almost like someone's prepared a crisis response plan and had it on the shelf, ready to go, when the "right" event occured.

Seriously.....in all the practice they have had since Sandy Hook I am sure this is the case. When the red lights and alarms went off (another mass shooting at a school) the scripts and game plan came out and went into full attack mode.

I hate sounding like this but the evidence is crystal clear.

CM is absolutely right. They had all of this prepared and ready to go. It's similar to a crisis response plan that companies use.

They've been building the playbook for years. All it takes is an event like this for them to dust it off.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I think the answer is to take away the targets. Lots of gun owners argue for hardening targets (provide guns to the good guys). My input is to take the targets away completely.

Make school doors to each room truly lockable and unable to be kicked in or shot in. Make sure each room can be exited directly to outside (second story rooms get escape ladders/ropes, etc...).

Seems pretty damn simple. Shots fired would result in a true lock down, and a shooter wouldn't have access to targets. Take away the targets, and the shooter has nothing to shoot at.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I think the answer is to take away the targets. Lots of gun owners argue for hardening targets (provide guns to the good guys). My input is to take the targets away completely.

Make school doors to each room truly lockable and unable to be kicked in or shot in. Make sure each room can be exited directly to outside (second story rooms get escape ladders/ropes, etc...).

Seems pretty damn simple. Shots fired would result in a true lock down, and a shooter wouldn't have access to targets. Take away the targets, and the shooter has nothing to shoot at.

Yeah that’s one thing. It would only cost a couple trillion, and then Trump/Republicans would be blamed for running up the deficit.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I've seen some solutions. No need to replace doors with bank vaults.

Some kid in his shop class invented a door jam that looks pretty dang effective and cheap. A bit of sheet metal and some stock tube was all it was.

It'd require some outside the box thinking and inventing. But something could be done to better secure the buildings and take away the targets without spending trillions. That'd also require the .gov not going all spend crazy and spending more than is needed.....but that's a different discussion.

Yeah that’s one thing. It would only cost a couple trillion, and then Trump/Republicans would be blamed for running up the deficit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom