• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Can’t remember where I heard it, maybe ABC. They were interviewing a Florida child about gun control and talking about how we need to listen to the children because, “Adults are controlled by money, and teens are controlled by feelings.” I totally made the Jackie Chan meme face.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Apparently, all the authorities in charge felt this way. See something, say something is useless...

This is why we have dead kids. :xmad:

The left then are happy to blame it on the gun. :rolleyes:

The FBI didn't follow their own protocol by kicking it to the local office, but the local LEOs were out 39 times per this thread.

Are you proposing the FBI would be able to get information the locals didn't? Or that LEOs should be able to lock someone up for being dangerous without any actual law being broken, probable cause, etc? Think that one through.

I don't have to think anything through. People are continually told by the authorities to see something, say something. That's exactly what has been done here.

The threat was common knowledge to everyone. Online, social media, in person to classmates, school officials, doctors/institutions, Fed and local LEO.

There was plenty of investigation and follow up to be done by all of the authorities involved, without rights violations. Nothing was done by any of them.

The authorities dropped the ball here on many obvious levels.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't have to think anything through. People are continually told by the authorities to see something, say something. That's exactly what has been done here.

The threat was common knowledge to everyone. Online, social media, in person to classmates, school officials, doctors/institutions, Fed and local LEO.

There was plenty of investigation and follow up to be done by all of the authorities involved, without rights violations. Nothing was done by any of them.

The authorities dropped the ball here on many obvious levels.

...almost like it was “meant” to happen... of course I don’t believe that (because it’s hard to imagine a plot so sinister) but it sure plays well for the antis.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    ...almost like it was “meant” to happen... of course I don’t believe that (because it’s hard to imagine a plot so sinister) but it sure plays well for the antis.
    Who were those ' weather underground ' guys from the 60's , left , right or center type folks ?
    IIRC , they were cool with killing something like 20 million folks to achieve their Utopia .

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Can’t remember where I heard it, maybe ABC. They were interviewing a Florida child about gun control and talking about how we need to listen to the children because, “Adults are controlled by money, and teens are controlled by feelings.” I totally made the Jackie Chan meme face.

Let’s interview kids while mom is getting an ultrasound and see if they think it’s Ok to have their sibling killed before he’s born.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I love nostalgia as much as the next guy, but we've been at war continuously for over 16 years now and it's not been fought by robots.

I agree, but there is a difference. The storming beaches to snowflakes ratio was quite a bit more skewed toward beaches. Now we say "I support the military" because of some vague fear we will appear to be as evil as our parents were during Vietnam. Then everyone supported the military because the military was your family.

Not being argumentative, or contradicting you. Just pointing out the differences.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree, but there is a difference. The storming beaches to snowflakes ratio was quite a bit more skewed toward beaches. Now we say "I support the military" because of some vague fear we will appear to be as evil as our parents were during Vietnam. Then everyone supported the military because the military was your family.

Not being argumentative, or contradicting you. Just pointing out the differences.

Some of us support the military just because we do.

Some of us.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Yeah, I told the wife the other day that all these crazy bastages want to compare us to other countries......maybe we should just become like them and make our snowflakes do 4 years of military the day they graduate HS. While it sounds harsh to some, including my wife..sometimes love is tough. Think of all the problems this would solve. 1. Student debt would be eliminated because they would all use the earnings from military for college after they do their 4 years. 2. We would have a huge military. 3. Within about 20 years they wouldn't have to worry about gun control....because every damn body would be ex military. 4. Future generations would be guaranteed a President that served our country. 5. Obesity and Heart disease deaths would drop because kids would have to lay down them daggone cell phones and computers and actually move a little. Screw em, they wanna be like the other countries.....let's let em live like the other countries.

I think every 18 year old should do some form of national or civil service. But I really don't want compulsory military service.

Let me put it this way: do you want a good military or a big military?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Some of us support the military just because we do.

Some of us.

Oh I know. And really a lot of people do. Sometimes my cynical side only sees the soccer mom holding her $6 latte and her yuppie husband, and wonders how much they just say stuff because it's the popular thing these days. People do the same thing with cops. They'll put a blue line bumper sticker on their Tahoe, then cry on Facebook about every mope that got his :poop: pushed in when he decided to tangle with the police.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh I know. And really a lot of people do. Sometimes my cynical side only sees the soccer mom holding her $6 latte and her yuppie husband, and wonders how much they just say stuff because it's the popular thing these days. People do the same thing with cops. They'll put a blue line bumper sticker on their Tahoe, then cry on Facebook about every mope that got his :poop: pushed in when he decided to tangle with the police.

Yes and that is the way of things now.
    We stand behind the military and LEO.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    When people advocate mandatory military service they generally do so without understanding todays military. It is a technological service now, cannon fodder need not apply. They also do so without understanding that over 75% of America's 18-24yr olds are unfit for military service. Over 30% are medically unqualified, about a quarter are physically unqualified, 20% are educationally unfit and 10% have disqualifying criminal records. Some of those overlap but it's a significant number.

The military does not have the time or resources to be the nations fitness instructor/parents/psych wards or prison. Especially if at some point you want it to, you know, fight a war.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I am so sick of hearing the uneducated, on tv, on Facebook, and in life.

If these people want oppressive, controlling government, why don't they go to one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom