• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't think that excuse applies to this mass murder. Apparently neither does the FBI? :dunno:

The FBI didn't follow their own protocol by kicking it to the local office, but the local LEOs were out 39 times per this thread.

Are you proposing the FBI would be able to get information the locals didn't? Or that LEOs should be able to lock someone up for being dangerous without any actual law being broken, probable cause, etc? Think that one through.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don't think that excuse applies to this mass murder. Apparently neither does the FBI? :dunno:
    Interesting.

So what part of the FBI response to this mass murder indicates a non-following of laws and the constitution?

Your serious of one line answers is intriguing. But, I am hesitant to fill in the blanks of your positions. I do, however, think they are probably worthy of discussion.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This is NOT why we have dead kids.
    We have dead kids because the media blares this 24/7, making it look like an option.
    And because people think defending themselves is someone else's job.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The kids are planning a march on Washington next month.

They are just pawns.

You're right. The parents ought to know better. But "muh feelings"

They're the useful idiots being puppeted by the *****-hat wearing women that have marched several times since Trump got inaugurated from what I've heard. There's a group trying to act independent of them but I bet they get coopted and overrun by the leftist machine pretty quickly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They're the useful idiots being puppeted by the *****-hat wearing women that have marched several times since Trump got inaugurated from what I've heard. There's a group trying to act independent of them but I bet they get coopted and overrun by the leftist machine pretty quickly.

Yup. Dead spot on.

Think back to maybe 1968 or so. Could have been 69. The year of the 1st draft lottery for the Nam. There was a woman's march in San Diago and a Bra burning.
    **** aint been right since. I am sure there will be hand grenades and flame throwers for this statement but that is just my observation.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I was 17 once(and thought I knew everything). And demanded answers from my mother when I was angry. She looked at me and said, "I'll give answers and they probably won't be the ones you're wanting". I knew right then I should've stop talking minutes ago

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    We have dead kids because the media blares this 24/7, making it look like an option.

I don't think this can be overstated.

History is filled with both negative and positive examples of things that have "never been done", and once they are done, the floodgates open. Combine that with social media, a 24/7 news cycle, and an epidemic of narcissism and very bad things happen.

IMHO, mass shootings, school shootings, lone wolf terrorist attacks, etc are happening with increased frequency simply because people who are out there teetering on the edge of insanity see the deluge of coverage of these events and it suddenly becomes an option for them. A way to go from a meaningless, powerless, loser to the most famous person in the world.

A simple way to deal with it is to deny them the fame they seek. Don't report their names. Don't show their pictures. You can report their deeds, their victim's names, the bravery of those who stopped their killing spree, but no details on the perpetrator. I could be wrong, but I honestly believe it would stop far more of these things from happening than any gun control law will.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I don't think this can be overstated.

History is filled with both negative and positive examples of things that have "never been done", and once they are done, the floodgates open. Combine that with social media, a 24/7 news cycle, and an epidemic of narcissism and very bad things happen.

IMHO, mass shootings, school shootings, lone wolf terrorist attacks, etc are happening with increased frequency simply because people who are out there teetering on the edge of insanity see the deluge of coverage of these events and it suddenly becomes an option for them. A way to go from a meaningless, powerless, loser to the most famous person in the world.

A simple way to deal with it is to deny them the fame they seek. Don't report their names. Don't show their pictures. You can report their deeds, their victim's names, the bravery of those who stopped their killing spree, but no details on the perpetrator. I could be wrong, but I honestly believe it would stop far more of these things from happening than any gun control law will.

Dave Grossman referred to "Killer's payoff, status associated with killing."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Apparently, all the authorities in charge felt this way. See something, say something is useless...

This is why we have dead kids. :xmad:

The left then are happy to blame it on the gun. :rolleyes:
    Can I presume then, that you’d rather an innocent person go to jail than a guilty person going free? Maybe there’s some wiggle room in the grey area, but probably not a lot.

So what do you think happened versus what you think should have happened, given the information you have?

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    So the students from the high school are now for gun control and want to ban, confiscate and get rid of any automatic and semi automatic weapons as "they have no place in society". Perhaps they need to learn what they are trying to lobby for before lobbying for it. They don't understand that those guns they want banned represent 90% of the 300 million guns out there. Good luck with that. Of course they also blamed the NRA. Perhaps they need to donate to every town for gun crazy rules or moms who need action to lobby for their cause. The NRA only represent the members that pay them for membership (which I'm not one).

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    So the students from the high school are now for gun control and want to ban, confiscate and get rid of any automatic and semi automatic weapons as "they have no place in society". Perhaps they need to learn what they are trying to lobby for before lobbying for it. They don't understand that those guns they want banned represent 90% of the 300 million guns out there. Good luck with that. Of course they also blamed the NRA. Perhaps they need to donate to every town for gun crazy rules or moms who need action to lobby for their cause. The NRA only represent the members that pay them for membership (which I'm not one).

Quite is difference since 1944.

DGkOGHlVYAAgCda.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yup. Dead spot on.

Think back to maybe 1968 or so. Could have been 69. The year of the 1st draft lottery for the Nam. There was a woman's march in San Diago and a Bra burning.
    **** aint been right since. I am sure there will be hand grenades and flame throwers for this statement but that is just my observation.

Nope youre right. There's no place for emotion in a republic. Facts and constitutional law only please.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Quite is difference since 1944.

DGkOGHlVYAAgCda.jpg

Yeah, I told the wife the other day that all these crazy bastages want to compare us to other countries......maybe we should just become like them and make our snowflakes do 4 years of military the day they graduate HS. While it sounds harsh to some, including my wife..sometimes love is tough. Think of all the problems this would solve. 1. Student debt would be eliminated because they would all use the earnings from military for college after they do their 4 years. 2. We would have a huge military. 3. Within about 20 years they wouldn't have to worry about gun control....because every damn body would be ex military. 4. Future generations would be guaranteed a President that served our country. 5. Obesity and Heart disease deaths would drop because kids would have to lay down them daggone cell phones and computers and actually move a little. Screw em, they wanna be like the other countries.....let's let em live like the other countries.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom