Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    3 days after a tragedy of this magnitude of which the speakers were present, and you think that they had enough free time to be "coached" by someone who was solely injected into their lives to insert an agenda. That seems a little beyond the pale, even for INGO. The bald chick, Emma Gomez, spoke out immediately after the original shooting. Unless you think within hours of the shooting she was scooped up by people with an agenda, I see no reason to believe that she wasn't speaking from the heart.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/02/emma-gonzalez-blasts-trump-nra/

3 days is plenty of time Kut. Plenty of time.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    kdsjzb.jpg

I saw signs blamed the NRA for the attack, not the FBI.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Even in Australia that school shooting is used politically.
    Australia MP George Christensen criticised over gun photo - BBC News

An Australian MP has drawn criticism for posting a photo online that showed him aiming a gun and asking: "Do you feel lucky, greenie punks?"George Christensen, a government MP, put the image on Facebook on Saturday.
    Political opponents said the post was "disgraceful" and "irresponsible", noting it came in the same week that 17 people died in a US school shooting.

I fail to see what's the connection between posting a picture of yourself holding a gun and mass murder in a school. :ugh:

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Get rid of that pesky probable cause requirement, it'll make acting on warnings much easier.

So what I think I've seen you say several times is that even though the people...we'll use the latest Crazy as an example...made suggestions on the 'net that they were going to do or wanted to do something evil...the police couldn't do anything? The postings on the 'net wasn't 'probable cause'? <--IANAL or Police

Would this start to venture in to the 'yelling fire in a theater' limit on free speach so to speak?

Just trying educate myself.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So what I think I've seen you say several times is that even though the people...we'll use the latest Crazy as an example...made suggestions on the 'net that they were going to do or wanted to do something evil...the police couldn't do anything? The postings on the 'net wasn't 'probable cause'? <--IANAL or Police

Would this start to venture in to the 'yelling fire in a theater' limit on free speach so to speak?

Just trying educate myself.

I'm going to rob a pharmacy next week.

Did I just commit a crime? No. I haven't robbed a pharmacy or attempted to rob a pharmacy. I've taken no substantial steps. Simply stating I'm going to and nothing else isn't a crime, isn't an attempted crime, and isn't conspiracy to commit a crime. If I threaten a specific person or people, I could potentially be committing Intimidation, but let's stick with the general "I'm going to do something evil".

Conspiracy to commit is both incredibly difficult to prove and, at least in Indiana, requires more than one person. You can't conspire with yourself.

Then there's the potential for Abandonment as a defense...

Also, to add in, we get intel briefs for officer safety fairly often of people who've threatened to kill police, posted it on social media, etc. Yet they aren't arrested. It's not that it isn't investigated or it's ignored, it's just that no crime was committed so the best you can do is watch them as best you can and be more careful.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'd like congress to address the issues of mental health and school security separately. Mental health needs to be addressed in this country on its own. Many many many insane and troubled people commit crimes of violence and many other things. This has been an issue for decades and even shows on TV show how prisons have no way or idea how to handle mental patient prisoners except to isolate them all in one cell block. We need government funded or ran mental health hospitals.

For the school safety issue why do we allow so many of our schools to be virtually unprotected? A couple cops or security guards for over 3,000 students on a multi building campus is not real security. It's feel good security and a deterrent for small things and I bet it didn't even stop small things.
    We need ARMED school staff!! Properly trained staff. Police and military seek civilian training companies out. Let's give grants to schools to send their teachers and other staff to government approved training facilities in their own state and get proper gun and tactics training. If you do this and take on this responsibility then they give you an additional $5-$10,000 in salary per year.
    If politicians are too pansy to force schools to arm staff then they need to force schools to hire proper security companies to give a thorough threat assessment and suggested action plan for that school and then hire armed and properly trained dedicated security guards. Just like all other government buildings have!

Also I see many schools that have play areas for the kids thst aren't fenced in or protected in any way. Schools need to better control who can access our children while at school.
    Also all doors should be locked with a.camera and two way speaker to a security person with access to buz people in.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I did not read the article. I do not have to. My 11 year old G-daughter was getting death threats from a student at school. It was a jealousy thing but this girl was relentless. There were pictures drawn of my G-daughter laying dead (X's in her eyes) and the one threatening standing over her with a knife. This was all reported to the Principle who tried to shove it under the rug. They do not want these issues going public. We called the news stations to no avail. I made a solo trip to the school and after 5 minutes with the admin. I was told security was going to remove me. They did not want to hear what I had to say. No threats just facts. Was not going to put my G-daughter in a spot with these idiots. I asked where security was and she said they were in route.There is no security and no one ever came to the school. I left and sat in my truck waiting. NADA. I made calls downtown and did my own snooping. We finally got it resolved on our own. But nobody cares. Nobody wants to get involved. Run it as high as you wish up the ladder and nothing will be done. They do not want this stuff going public.

But let some little kid eat his pop tart into the shape of a gun......well, thats a different issue all together.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I did not read the article. I do not have to. My 11 year old G-daughter was getting death threats from a student at school. It was a jealousy thing but this girl was relentless. There were pictures drawn of my G-daughter laying dead (X's in her eyes) and the one threatening standing over her with a knife. This was all reported to the Principle who tried to shove it under the rug. They do not want these issues going public. We called the news stations to no avail. I made a solo trip to the school and after 5 minutes with the admin. I was told security was going to remove me. They did not want to hear what I had to say. No threats just facts. Was not going to put my G-daughter in a spot with these idiots. I asked where security was and she said they were in route.There is no security and no one ever came to the school. I left and sat in my truck waiting. NADA. I made calls downtown and did my own snooping. We finally got it resolved on our own. But nobody cares. Nobody wants to get involved. Run it as high as you wish up the ladder and nothing will be done. They do not want this stuff going public.

But let some little kid eat his pop tart into the shape of a gun......well, thats a different issue all together.

Same thing I've found too. The administrators running schools are useless

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

Wow, CM, your response was a bit more... measured... than mine might be (my kids just turned 2).

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Flight 93 is the reason no one will ever again hijack a plane with box cutters.

They might blow us up, but box cutters are only going to accomplish an extended close combat session with passengers.

Those terrorists exploited a policy gap in Airline protocol that said "do what they say, enjoy your brief stay in Cuba and we will see you in a few days back safe at home."

Our schools are are not a soft target. They are a willing and compliant target.

The current protocol calls for students to quietly await and assist in their own murders by cooperating like a French aristocrat during the reign of terror, on their way to the guillotine.

This protocol reinforces the Grand Theft Auto first person shooter desensitized experience for an evil doer. Might as well be listening to music on earbuds while in the killing spree.

I dont know if arming teachers is the answer.

But I do know my 13 year old has the mindset to 1) seek cover while exiting the area at great speed 2) seek concealment if cover is not available. 3) rather than wait quietly to be murdered, to **** up the shooter as much as possible with resources available. 4) if all else fails, make him rush his reloads and bleed on the mother****er.

I'm taking her to the range tomorrow if all goes as planned.

Damn these are scary times.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    On my Facebook feed I'm seeing different posts indicating various schools here in Indiana and my home state of Tennessee are receiving threats of kids coming on to campus. Before the thing happened in Florida this past week, the Paoli schools had big scare and they talked about closing the school down. (IIRC, they found the person(s) making the threats). I know I can be receptive of conspiracy theories sometimes, but it's almost like they are trying to overwhelm the system. Anybody else noticing these stories occurring more frequently?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Wow!

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    It makes you wonder sometimes just what these administrators are thinking. And just who are they really looking out for. The anti's will never listen to anything we have to say, no matte how reasonable it is. It will be interesting how things are going to be with the "nothings my fault" generation.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    On my Facebook feed I'm seeing different posts indicating various schools here in Indiana and my home state of Tennessee are receiving threats of kids coming on to campus. Before the thing happened in Florida this past week, the Paoli schools had big scare and they talked about closing the school down. (IIRC, they found the person(s) making the threats). I know I can be receptive of conspiracy theories sometimes, but it's almost like they are trying to overwhelm the system. Anybody else noticing these stories occurring more frequently?

I told my wife the same thing. Seems like a bunch of hooligans think it's a damn game and want to try to cause the school to close for a day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom