KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We do have firearms that are legally classified as "weapons of war" over here in France, mostly fully automatic small arms.

The list also includes gaz masks, IR and night vision optics and other things.

In some countries it also includes weapons of any caliber used by the military.
    That's why .380 pistols are popular in some European countries where citizens can't own guns chambered in "NATO 9mm" (9x21mm).

You can pretty much include anything you want in the "weapons of war" categorie.

In some US states any rifle with a magazine capacity over 20 or more rounds already turns a legal semi-auto rifle into an illegal "assault weapon".

A "common sense ban on weapons of war" would be the end of the second amendment as it could include virtually anything.

My Dad has a no-kidding "weapon of war". It's an 1898 Springfield chambered in .30-40 Krag. It was manufactured in 1901 and in 1901 it was the issue weapon to the US armed forces. Weapons like this wee used by US forces in the Spanish-American War. It's bolt action and has a 5 round internal magazine loaded from the side. My semi automatic AR-15 has never been used in war by any country.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If you take a gaze at some of the "youth's" wanting to take away the guns in Florida videos, you'll see a familiar dem face or two in the crowd. You'll also see some of the locals are obviously pushing an agenda. That school administrator started talking gun control early on. They are using these gullible young people that have been traumatized to push their anti-gun agenda.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If you take a gaze at some of the "youth's" wanting to take away the guns in Florida videos, you'll see a familiar dem face or two in the crowd. You'll also see some of the locals are obviously pushing an agenda. That school administrator started talking gun control early on. They are using these gullible young people that have been traumatized to push their anti-gun agenda.

Debbie Blabbermouth Schultz?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yep, her and Nelson and some other local dem anti's.

If it dicks around and gets to be cool to be anti-gun in youth social media circles, we may well have a bigger problem than anyone is expecting.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    My Dad has a no-kidding "weapon of war". It's an 1898 Springfield chambered in .30-40 Krag. It was manufactured in 1901 and in 1901 it was the issue weapon to the US armed forces. Weapons like this wee used by US forces in the Spanish-American War. It's bolt action and has a 5 round internal magazine loaded from the side. My semi automatic AR-15 has never been used in war by any country.

How could they have been used during a war? According to Californian laws guns become deadly only if they can hold over 10 rounds.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Well if all these high school kids want to stop mass killings in schools look at the common theme, bullied psycho loners. Instead of a 17 minute media stunt why don't they help welcome these loners into society and stop shunning and bullying them. Sit at the losers lunch table. Don't belittle them on social media. Talk to them instead of ignore them. Invite them to social events. Help tutor a struggling student. Be a part of turning troubled kids lives around rather than pushing them deeper into their individual dark holes.

Of course that would require Sally and Jimmy to step outside their comfort zone. High school can be a cruel place because it is filled with high school kids. Besides a walk out style protest is so much cooler and makes a far better media splash.

I ran into this today. My concern was that they better have an idea of exactly what they want as an end result and what the intended means are to get there. If you don't know what success looks like, how will you know when you've suceeded. That, and strong emotions make bad policy.
    Kind of like Occupy Wall Street?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yeah, it's been tough to have a decent fact-based conversation on social media. I actually had a pretty respectful back and forth with a woman in Australia over the last few days. She doesn't understand why we don't just do what they did. I've been explaining some of the nuances of the second amendment and our gun culture.

She still doesn't understand, but it was a decent and civil conversation.

The Australian Gun Ban Conceit

Also, while gun ownership here has risen, violence is actually less.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well if all these high school kids want to stop mass killings in schools look at the common theme, bullied psycho loners. Instead of a 17 minute media stunt why don't they help welcome these loners into society and stop shunning and bullying them. Sit at the losers lunch table. Don't belittle them on social media. Talk to them instead of ignore them. Invite them to social events. Help tutor a struggling student. Be a part of turning troubled kids lives around rather than pushing them deeper into their individual dark holes.

Of course that would require Sally and Jimmy to step outside their comfort zone. High school can be a cruel place because it is filled with high school kids. Besides a walk out style protest is so much cooler and makes a far better media splash.

Good point.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Remember a few years ago people like mrjarrell were clicking their tongues, telling us we were on the wrong side of history, and they'd have to wait until this generation died off so that the liberty minded younger generation could take over and set the country right? Yeah...I remember. If this stuff turns out to be actually representative of the younger generation at large, I shiver at the thought where we'll be by the time I leave this earth.

He was kinda right about young people waiting for this generation to die off. What he was wrong about is it’s the young Marxists , not the young freedom lovers.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    He was kinda right about young people waiting for this generation to die off. What he was wrong about is it’s the young Marxists , not the young freedom lovers.

If the headlines and the stories I'm reading are correct, it's looking like rather than raising a bunch of liberty loving Libertarian Party voters, we've raised a bunch of 'freedoms for me but not for thee' folks instead.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Excellent point.
    There have been bully's since there have been kids. I got bullied a lot as a kid. To the point of crying more often than not every day until I had enough. My retaliation was not to get dads gun and shoot up the school. Never crossed my mind. Ever. Unthinkable.
    My way out of being the victim was to directly address those who were the cause of my pain. In those days it could work. This day and age I seriously doubt it would be the answer.
    It seems that when someone is getting hammered everyone see jumping in as a sport. Social media keeps people from getting punched out when they act this way. So many want to hurt others. It is a social disease.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    It seems that when someone is getting hammered everyone see jumping in as a sport. Social media keeps people from getting punched out when they act this way. So many want to hurt others. It is a social disease.
    Perhaps they need to add a boxing glove emoji to Facebook instead of just feel good emojis:)

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    no guns just this....and the bullying stops.....stand up for yourself.....

[video=youtube;A2NxAhIPUfQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2NxAhIPUfQ[/video]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    no guns just this....and the bullying stops.....stand up for yourself.....

[video=youtube;A2NxAhIPUfQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2NxAhIPUfQ[/video]

Thats my point entirely. It was not a perfect plan but the few bloody noses and black eyes were worth it instead of just covering up and waiting for it to stop.
    Hell man I was getting beat up by 2 girls pretty regular. That was it for me. My uncles took me out to the family farm and schooled me. When I had received the proper training and acquired the mind set I beat the snot out of those girls 2 brothers. Told them to make the girls stand down or I would be back. It worked. I as raised not to hit a female regardless of how butch they were acting. I did not win them all but I stopped running. The bully's left me be when the price became to high.

In this age of social media back stabbing and trollish behavior is just not easy to over come. It is a disease.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Excellent point.
    There have been bully's since there have been kids. I got bullied a lot as a kid. To the point of crying more often than not every day until I had enough. My retaliation was not to get dads gun and shoot up the school. Never crossed my mind. Ever. Unthinkable.
    My way out of being the victim was to directly address those who were the cause of my pain. In those days it could work. This day and age I seriously doubt it would be the answer.

I hated school because I was bullied in elementary and jr high. Took some serious beatings from those, who liked to pick on weirder of weaker kids. (I fit both categories.) Thought never crossed my mind to bring a gun to school and take revenge. Later on, I learned to take responsibility and stand up for myself. I also became a strong believer in looking out for the little guy.

In my adult life, I have encountered a few bullies and the results turned out different. First one took a roundhouse punch to the jaw and landed flat on his butt. After that, we never had a problem. A few supervisor bullies quickly realized that I would not back down, or be intimidated by them. Now when bullied, I don't get scared. I get mad with an ice cold anger that drives my determination.

As the politicians and media gets louder and more strident about taking away the Second Amendment, I see them for what they are. They are bullies. Bullies of divide and control. Facts don't matter. The Constitution doesn't matter. Rights and freedoms don't matter. Personal responsibility doesn't matter. They are bullies. Weak in their logic. Hell-bent to get their way. Bullies that see us as subjects, not a citizens. If they push too far, it is not going to turn out like they envision.

Good article that explains the result of pushing too hard; https://www.nationalreview.com/2015/08/rant-second-amendment-repeal/

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Thats my point entirely. It was not a perfect plan but the few bloody noses and black eyes were worth it instead of just covering up and waiting for it to stop.
    Hell man I was getting beat up by 2 girls pretty regular. That was it for me. My uncles took me out to the family farm and schooled me. When I had received the proper training and acquired the mind set I beat the snot out of those girls 2 brothers. Told them to make the girls stand down or I would be back. It worked. I as raised not to hit a female regardless of how butch they were acting. I did not win them all but I stopped running. The bully's left me be when the price became to high.

In this age of social media back stabbing and trollish behavior is just not easy to over come. It is a disease.

mine was at the bus stop....older guy would always throw me to the back of the line day in day out......then one day he threw me then i came back.....that was the last day he did it....

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    mine was at the bus stop....older guy would always throw me to the back of the line day in day out......then one day he threw me then i came back.....that was the last day he did it....

Yeah, I was the only boy and had 3 sisters. My dad made me fight and protect my sisters. I remember when I was about 12-13 there was a guy that was a Senior and he had 2 younger brothers. They picked on my sister one day and I ran home and told dad...he made me go down and fight them all for her. I took a sock and filled it with rocks and declared war. I was messing them guys up until they got that sock from me, then they worked me over....my dad went down and knocked on their door, calmly asked to speak to their father....and when he answered the door my old man hit him like a ton of bricks. Drug him into the yard and beat him bad, the oldest son came out and dad gave him the same. That day forever changed my life, for better or worse, I never ran from a fight again in my life. That day I learned respect is not a given, but something you earned.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    In 6th grade (while I was in the lunch line), I finally hit a bully so hard that they had to take him to the hospital.
    Yeah, I got in a bit of trouble, but everyone remembered, and I was left alone for the rest of my time in school.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom