• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    In the south, there are a lot of schools with breezeways... and I mean a LOT. It would be really difficult to secure, let alone harden such places. In warmer climates, it makes sense to A/C rooms than a whole dang school. Actually enclosed hallways would be a waste of money.

OK. Some schools are harder than others to protect so don't protect any of them. Got it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Here's some facts dem avoid as it doesn't fit their ideology. I hope it helps Thanks There are 30,000 gun related deaths per year by firearms, and this number is not disputed. U.S. population 324,059,091 as of Wednesday, June 22, 2016. Do the math: 0.000000925% of the population dies from gun related actions each year. Statistically speaking, this is insignificant! What is never told, however, is a breakdown of those 30,000 deaths, to put them in perspective as compared to other causes of death:

• 65% of those deaths are by suicide which would never be prevented by gun laws
    • 15% are by law enforcement in the line of duty and justified
    • 17% are through criminal activity, gang and drug related or mentally ill persons – gun violence
    • 3% are accidental discharge deaths

So technically, "gun violence" is not 30,000 annually, but drops to 5,100. Still too many? Well, first, how are those deaths spanned across the nation?
    • 480 homicides (9.4%) were in Chicago
    • 344 homicides (6.7%) were in Baltimore
    • 333 homicides (6.5%) were in Detroit
    • 119 homicides (2.3%) were in Washington D.C. (a 54% increase over prior years)

So basically, 25% of all gun crime happens in just 4 cities. All 4 of those cities have strict gun laws, so it is not the lack of law that is the root cause.

This basically leaves 3,825 for the entire rest of the nation, or about 75 deaths per state. That is an average because some States have much higher rates than others. For example, California had 1,169 and Alabama had 1.

Now, who has the strictest gun laws by far? California, of course, but understand, so it is not guns causing this. It is a crime rate spawned by the number of criminal persons residing in those cities and states. So if all cities and states are not created equally, then there must be something other than the tool causing the gun deaths.

Are 5,100 deaths per year horrific? How about in comparison to other deaths? All death is sad and especially so when it is in the commission of a crime but that is the nature of crime. Robbery, death, rape, assault all is done by criminals and thinking that criminals will obey laws is ludicrous. That's why they are criminals.

But what about other deaths each year?
    • 40,000+ die from a drug overdose–THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT!
    • 36,000 people die per year from the flu, far exceeding the criminal gun deaths
    • 34,000 people die per year in traffic fatalities(exceeding gun deaths even if you include suicide)

Now it gets good:
    • 200,000+ people die each year (and growing) from preventable medical errors. You are safer in Chicago than when you are in a hospital!

• 710,000 people die per year from heart disease. It’s time to stop the double cheeseburgers! So what is the point? If Obama and the anti-gun movement focused their attention on heart disease, even a 10% decrease in cardiac deaths would save twice the number of lives annually of all gun-related deaths (including suicide, law enforcement, etc.). A 10% reduction in medical errors would be 66% of the total gun deaths or 4 times the number of criminal homicides......Simple, easily preventable 10% reductions!

So you have to ask yourself, in the grand scheme of things, why the focus on guns? It's pretty simple.:
    Taking away guns gives control to governments.

The founders of this nation knew that regardless of the form of government, those in power may become corrupt and seek to rule as the British did by trying to disarm the populace of the colonies. It is not difficult to understand that a disarmed populace is a controlled populace.

Thus, the second amendment was proudly and boldly included in the U.S. Constitution. It must be preserved at all costs.

So the next time someone tries to tell you that gun control is about saving lives, look at these facts and remember these words from Noah Webster: "Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, because the whole body of the people are armed and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. A military force at the command of Congress can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power."

Remember, when it comes to "gun control," the important word is “control," not “gun." This is just more dem gov, lib, push to disarm US citizens. They've been hammering this for yrs. It fits their deceitful ideology in line w/ Globalist to make US part of NWO. A country w/ citizens unable to defend themselves is much easier to take over and control. Thanks

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Here's some facts dem avoid as it doesn't fit their ideology. I hope it helps Thanks There are 30,000 gun related deaths per year by firearms, and this number is not disputed. U.S. population 324,059,091 as of Wednesday, June 22, 2016. Do the math: 0.000000925% of the population dies from gun related actions each year. Statistically speaking, this is insignificant! What is never told, however, is a breakdown of those 30,000 deaths, to put them in perspective as compared to other causes of death:

• 65% of those deaths are by suicide which would never be prevented by gun laws
    • 15% are by law enforcement in the line of duty and justified
    • 17% are through criminal activity, gang and drug related or mentally ill persons – gun violence
    • 3% are accidental discharge deaths

So technically, "gun violence" is not 30,000 annually, but drops to 5,100. Still too many? Well, first, how are those deaths spanned across the nation?
    • 480 homicides (9.4%) were in Chicago
    • 344 homicides (6.7%) were in Baltimore
    • 333 homicides (6.5%) were in Detroit
    • 119 homicides (2.3%) were in Washington D.C. (a 54% increase over prior years)

So basically, 25% of all gun crime happens in just 4 cities. All 4 of those cities have strict gun laws, so it is not the lack of law that is the root cause.

This basically leaves 3,825 for the entire rest of the nation, or about 75 deaths per state. That is an average because some States have much higher rates than others. For example, California had 1,169 and Alabama had 1.

Now, who has the strictest gun laws by far? California, of course, but understand, so it is not guns causing this. It is a crime rate spawned by the number of criminal persons residing in those cities and states. So if all cities and states are not created equally, then there must be something other than the tool causing the gun deaths.

Are 5,100 deaths per year horrific? How about in comparison to other deaths? All death is sad and especially so when it is in the commission of a crime but that is the nature of crime. Robbery, death, rape, assault all is done by criminals and thinking that criminals will obey laws is ludicrous. That's why they are criminals.

But what about other deaths each year?
    • 40,000+ die from a drug overdose–THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT!
    • 36,000 people die per year from the flu, far exceeding the criminal gun deaths
    • 34,000 people die per year in traffic fatalities(exceeding gun deaths even if you include suicide)

Now it gets good:
    • 200,000+ people die each year (and growing) from preventable medical errors. You are safer in Chicago than when you are in a hospital!

• 710,000 people die per year from heart disease. It’s time to stop the double cheeseburgers! So what is the point? If Obama and the anti-gun movement focused their attention on heart disease, even a 10% decrease in cardiac deaths would save twice the number of lives annually of all gun-related deaths (including suicide, law enforcement, etc.). A 10% reduction in medical errors would be 66% of the total gun deaths or 4 times the number of criminal homicides......Simple, easily preventable 10% reductions!

So you have to ask yourself, in the grand scheme of things, why the focus on guns? It's pretty simple.:
    Taking away guns gives control to governments.

The founders of this nation knew that regardless of the form of government, those in power may become corrupt and seek to rule as the British did by trying to disarm the populace of the colonies. It is not difficult to understand that a disarmed populace is a controlled populace.

Thus, the second amendment was proudly and boldly included in the U.S. Constitution. It must be preserved at all costs.

So the next time someone tries to tell you that gun control is about saving lives, look at these facts and remember these words from Noah Webster: "Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, because the whole body of the people are armed and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. A military force at the command of Congress can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power."

Remember, when it comes to "gun control," the important word is “control," not “gun." This is just more dem gov, lib, push to disarm US citizens. They've been hammering this for yrs. It fits their deceitful ideology in line w/ Globalist to make US part of NWO. A country w/ citizens unable to defend themselves is much easier to take over and control. Thanks

One of the better posts I've read here. Excellent stuff.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I did the math a few years ago on “gun violence”. People keep saying we should adopt the laws of Europe in the hopes that we will reduce murders to their level. We’re already there if it weren’t for the gang and drug related murders in US inner cities. If those numbers were brought down to even the average of the rest of the urban and suburban areas where there isn’t the gang activity, we’d be in the same magnitude as GB.

But I do question some of the numbers in the above post. Unless things have changed since I looked at it, accidental deaths from firearms was second after suicide. So a bigger chunck than criminal causes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I did the math a few years ago on “gun violence”. People keep saying we should adopt the laws of Europe in the hopes that we will reduce murders to their level. We’re already there if it weren’t for the gang and drug related murders in US inner cities. If those numbers were brought down to even the average of the rest of the urban and suburban areas where there isn’t the gang activity, we’d be in the same magnitude as GB.

But I do question some of the numbers in the above post. Unless things have changed since I looked at it, accidental deaths from firearms was second after suicide. So a bigger chunck than criminal causes.

I got this from another site. I have no way right now of verifying these numbers but they do not look as skewed as what the left is slinging.

And whos numbers do we actually believe.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh, I hadn't realized I meant that.... but because nobody else seems to think what you wrote is nonsense, it must be true.

C'mon, man. Not saying something is not tacit agreement. I didn't even see his post until I saw you quote it. And when I read the quote, yeah, I had something I thought I could say about it. But dude, just because people don't reply to every post doesn't mean people agree with every post they don't reply to.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    C'mon, man. Not saying something is not tacit agreement. I didn't even see his post until I saw you quote it. And when I read the quote, yeah, I had something I thought I could say about it. But dude, just because people don't reply to every post doesn't mean people agree with every post they don't reply to.

I agree with this post.

(Did I do it right?)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Aarrgghh.

Why do I even comment on Facebook?
    Mention that what someone else does, kills more people, and the argument is, "that's different", or "we're not talking about that right now".

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm aware of the teacher walkout planned for March 14th, but I doubt it will amount to much.

I'll have to ask my sister if she plans to walk out. She's a high school french teacher and is about as ignorant about firearms as they come.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Aarrgghh.

Why do I even comment on Facebook?
    Mention that what someone else does, kills more people, and the argument is, "that's different", or "we're not talking about that right now".

Yeah, it's been tough to have a decent fact-based conversation on social media. I actually had a pretty respectful back and forth with a woman in Australia over the last few days. She doesn't understand why we don't just do what they did. I've been explaining some of the nuances of the second amendment and our gun culture.

She still doesn't understand, but it was a decent and civil conversation.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm aware of the teacher walkout planned for March 14th, but I doubt it will amount to much.

I'll have to ask my sister if she plans to walk out. She's a high school french teacher and is about as ignorant about firearms as they come.

As an employee of the tax payers, I hope they don't plan on expecting to get paid while they serve their own interests. That would be ghost employment and theft.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I ran into this today. My concern was that they better have an idea of exactly what they want as an end result and what the intended means are to get there. If you don't know what success looks like, how will you know when you've suceeded. That, and strong emotions make bad policy.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I ran into this today. My concern was that they better have an idea of exactly what they want as an end result and what the intended means are to get there. If you don't know what success looks like, how will you know when you've suceeded. That, and strong emotions make bad policy.

Success to them is getting "weapons of war" banned. Simple. That's what they want.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I wouldn't want to be the one to start "the panic," but we should take these sort of threats against 2A seriously. It is unnerving how much the youth of today has been indoctrinated to hate President Trump and anything associated with him.

A wave of "youth protesting" seen as cool, combined up with another movement or two could change an election...

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I would want to be the one to start "the panic," but we should take these sort of threats against 2A seriously. It is unnerving how much the youth of today has been indoctrinated to hate President Trump and anything associated with him.

A wave of "youth protesting" seen as cool, combined up with another movement or two could change an election...

Remember a few years ago people like mrjarrell were clicking their tongues, telling us we were on the wrong side of history, and they'd have to wait until this generation died off so that the liberty minded younger generation could take over and set the country right? Yeah...I remember. If this stuff turns out to be actually representative of the younger generation at large, I shiver at the thought where we'll be by the time I leave this earth.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Success to them is getting "weapons of war" banned. Simple. That's what they want.

We do have firearms that are legally classified as "weapons of war" over here in France, mostly fully automatic small arms.

The list also includes gaz masks, IR and night vision optics and other things.

In some countries it also includes weapons of any caliber used by the military.
    That's why .380 pistols are popular in some European countries where citizens can't own guns chambered in "NATO 9mm" (9x21mm).

You can pretty much include anything you want in the "weapons of war" categorie.

In some US states any rifle with a magazine capacity over 20 or more rounds already turns a legal semi-auto rifle into an illegal "assault weapon".

A "common sense ban on weapons of war" would be the end of the second amendment as it could include virtually anything.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom