KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Sounds like we need to shut down the FBI. Start hiring for their replacement agency tomorrow.

Can it have a cool name? And a cool logo? And polo shirts? And per diem for travel? And can I carry an H&K P30L?? And an Uzi? Where do I sign up??

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Can it have a cool name? And a cool logo? And polo shirts? And per diem for travel? And can I carry an H&K P30L?? And an Uzi? Where do I sign up??

Your first assignment might be to start investigating the 6356 people who were reported, in your jurisdiction, for posting crazy stuff on the internet.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Your first assignment might be to start investigating the 6356 people who were reported, in your jurisdiction, for posting crazy stuff on the internet.

I'll start in Speedway: Indianapolis per diem and I can score a cheeseburger.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Trained, armed people in all schools. Retired vets, volunteers, whatever it takes. The deterrent effect alone will be effective, IMO.

When will we stop sacrificing our kids at the altar of gun control? If the progressives really wanted school shootings to end, they'd do away with the gun free zone fantasy and take common sense actions that would stop it. Unless, maybe, they don't want it to stop so they can wave the bloody shirts to get control the citizenry.

Too cynical? I'm starting to believe it isn't.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    28167185_10208637675937668_7037429733874471074_n.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Trained, armed people in all schools. Retired vets, volunteers, whatever it takes. The deterrent effect alone will be effective, IMO.

When will we stop sacrificing our kids at the altar of gun control? If the progressives really wanted school shootings to end, they'd do away with the gun free zone fantasy and take common sense actions that would stop it. Unless, maybe, they don't want it to stop so they can wave the bloody shirts to get control the citizenry.

Too cynical? I'm starting to believe it isn't.

Give me an example of how this would work. Where are these volunteers placed and how are they equipped to help prevent one of these tragedies?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think both sides are coming up with some solutions that aren't really solutions.

More gun control does not solve the problem of people devaluing life to the point of committing mass murder.

Trained, armed people in all schools does not solve the problem of people devaluing life to the point of committing mass murder.

Maybe a trained, armed person, if they're in the right time, in the right place, in the right circumstances, can stop it. It helped stop it in Texas. It did not prevent it. There were cops there when it happened. It still happened.

But I can see why people argue both of those points. The problem is, we talk about those points and not about what is the cause.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Personally, I don't think it would help much at all.

a) still can't be everywhere, all the time. There are 100,000 public k-12 schools in the US. Another 33,000 private schools.
    b) folks just rammed the gates to the NSA complex in Maryland on Wednesday. Don't tell me they didn't know the guards would be armed!

Bad folks will do bad things, even if there is resistance. The best we can do at the time of the attack is limit the damage. They are not 100% preventable (IMHO) in this way.

Is it a BAD idea to have some form of armed security in some schools? Nope. Some might actually NEED it. It is not a panacea. Just one piece of a much larger puzzle.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

a) still can't be everywhere, all the time. There are 100,000 public k-12 schools in the US. Another 33,000 private schools.
    b) folks just rammed the gates to the NSA complex in Maryland on Wednesday. Don't tell me they didn't know the guards would be armed!

Bad folks will do bad things, even if there is resistance. The best we can do at the time of the attack is limit the damage. They are not 100% preventable (IMHO) in this way.

Is it a BAD idea to have some form of armed security in some schools? Nope. Some might actually NEED it. It is not a panacea. Just one piece of a much larger puzzle.

Instead of arguing about which ideological solution is better, why not talk about the practicality of creating fewer bad people in society capable of doing these things? The US seems to be cranking them out like big macs.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

The amount of liability involved with volunteer school guards would be mind-boggling. Imagine if some 6'3 jock was beating up some nerd... does the volunteer intervene? And what happens if his jock starts whupping up on the volunteer? The volunteer isn't a cop, and has no legal authority. It would just take one instance of "I was in fear for my life" (and what always accompanies that), and it would the end of the world. Even pointing a gun at a kid, and people would lose their #$&%.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Give me an example of how this would work. Where are these volunteers placed and how are they equipped to help prevent one of these tragedies?

I think both sides are coming up with some solutions that aren't really solutions.

More gun control does not solve the problem of people devaluing life to the point of committing mass murder.

Trained, armed people in all schools does not solve the problem of people devaluing life to the point of committing mass murder.

Maybe a trained, armed person, if they're in the right time, in the right place, in the right circumstances, can stop it. It helped stop it in Texas. It did not prevent it. There were cops there when it happened. It still happened.

But I can see why people argue both of those points. The problem is, we talk about those points and not about what is the cause.

Post them at entrances and harden them. Lock all the doors. One way in and out for all visitors. How the **** does a nut job waltz into a school with an AR?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Post them at entrances and harden them. Lock all the doors. One way in and out for all visitors. How the **** does a nut job waltz into a school with an AR?

In the south, there are a lot of schools with breezeways... and I mean a LOT. It would be really difficult to secure, let alone harden such places. In warmer climates, it makes sense to A/C rooms than a whole dang school. Actually enclosed hallways would be a waste of money.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom