• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Can someone explain to me how race matters at all? The shooter is just that a shooter. We are a long way from ending racism...

Race didn't matter, until it was reported that he was possibly connected to WN...so motive and ideology, will most certainly be explored, and is fair game. Just like if he was a Muslim shooting up a christian church, or a black guy who had attended a BLM event shooting police officers.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Race didn't matter, until it was reported that he was possibly connected to WN...so motive and ideology, will most certainly be explored, and is fair game. Just like if he was a Muslim shooting up a christian church, or a black guy who had attended a BLM event shooting police officers.

I wonder if someone with a white parent and a black parent could be both a White Nationalist AND a New Black Panther????

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Never... they'd have to start the Checkered Panther Party.

Official snack of the new Checkered Panther Party.....

f3bf7032-1e41-40f9-a82e-5dc584eee5a6_1.e06a5ccc8098a29ec24b34158f6e0ba9.jpeg

:)

LEP_30_RK0144_13_P.JPG

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, "We need to figure out how to stop mass shootings in schools" is your definition of 'herp derp'. That, right there, is the saddest commentary anyone could read on the mindset of the average gun owner, which although I own more than a dozen pistols and rifles, puts me outside the mean.

I don't have the "magic answer" No one does, but people are going to try things in hopes of solving the problem.

The herp derp is the part where you complain that "our" side doesn't sit down at the table with the other. You can't solve a problem when a) you don't understand it, and especially b) you have a dogmatic reason to be unwilling to accept that the problem doesn't have a solution that the dogmatic answer will solve.

We can't sit down with the other side when we have completely different world views. There's zero basis between the two sides of this issue for compromise.

And for the people who don't really care about gun control either way, they have this idea that you have to try something, so why not gun control? Well, "don't just stand there, do something", isn't a solution. It's really just busy work to help you cope with the frustration that society can't seem to solve this problem. Think it through. What is the solution? Well, what's the problem? The two are inextricably married. Guns are related to the issue, obviously. But they are not the problem. The other side isn't actually interested in discussing that. Their national conversation consists of lecturing pro-2A people about how ****ed up they are for not agreeing with them.

Herp derp indeed.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't have the "magic answer" No one does, but people are going to try things in hopes of solving the problem.

They sure will. Lots of folks didn't like the idea of freed slaves running around with guns and they did stuff to solve that. People were upset because a few gangsters were using guns to rob banks so we got the NFA. We got the assault weapons ban because people wanted to do something to stop a problem that really didn't exist. Even now, in Indiana, it's illegal to own "chinese throwing starts" because people were afraid people would imitate Bruce Lee.

No doubt people will be people and they'll try to solve this problem by addressing a symptom rather than the root cause. Nothing under the sun is new, really.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sure, if it will be a place to start a reasonable discussion

1. More stringent background checks focusing on mental health and domestic violence.
    2. Very high tax on specific ammunition. However, no tax if bought and used at a shooting range, for instance.

Like I said previously, I don't know what the solution is. I just think that we need to come up with one. Continuing to be nonplussed is no longer working

1. How would this have stopped this shooting.
    2. This is a two-part question: a) Why are you advocating to punish poor people? Since the shooter presumably shot .223/5.56, I assume you mean that's the specific ammunition. A lot of people use that for hunting varmints, coyotes, home defense, etcetera. Most uses of that round are NOT as range ammo. I think it's fair to say AR15's and guns chambered in .223/5.56, are not the typical range guns for most people who primarily shoot at ranges. b) how would punishing the 10s of millions of gun owners who shoot that round, have stopped this shooter?

The solution for this isn't simply passing a law.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One other thing I'll say, if you're going to pass a law you think will solve the problem, you better ***damn sure be able to support how that will stop the thing that prompted you to decide that's the correct action. Again, don't just stand there, do something, isn't a solution. It's just a precursor to unintended consequences.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    One other thing I'll say, if you're going to pass a law you think will solve the problem, you better ***damn sure be able to support how that will stop the thing that prompted you to decide that's the correct action. Again, don't just stand there, do something, isn't a solution. It's just a precursor to unintended consequences.

In this same vein, and this is an honest question, when did we (Americans) start thinking that the government MUST do something to solve (insert whatever crisis here). When did things move from person responsibility to “group” responsibility? What could any government ever do to stop the evil in mankind’s heart?

It’s an honest question because I’m not that old so it must’ve either happened when I was too young to notice or it happened before I was born (‘86).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Can someone explain to me how race matters at all? The shooter is just that a shooter. We are a long way from ending racism...

Treating the shooter as just a shooter doesn't get into motive, which is pretty vital in determining causes. And I think these things don't necessarily have one cause but maybe many related causes. Can't solve it if you can't figure that out.

That's fair. There are thousands of WN out there, and they're not shooting up schools. This one did. Why? Related, Dyllan Roof. Of all the racist people, who don't go around shooting black people in church, why did he do it? Why did Steven Paddock do it? Why did Adam Lanza do it? Why did any of them do it? This isn't going to be solvable until we figure that out. Until then, all we're doing is arguing about what "don't just stand there do something" solution we're going to try. And those solutions are all tied to dogma-driven agendas.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    1. How would this have stopped this shooting.
    2. This is a two-part question: a) Why are you advocating to punish poor people? Since the shooter presumably shot .223/5.56, I assume you mean that's the specific ammunition. A lot of people use that for hunting varmints, coyotes, home defense, etcetera. Most uses of that round are NOT as range ammo. I think it's fair to say AR15's and guns chambered in .223/5.56, are not the typical range guns for most people who primarily shoot at ranges. b) how would punishing the 10s of millions of gun owners who shoot that round, have stopped this shooter?

The solution for this isn't simply passing a law.
    Exactly.
    "Everyone predicted this." <<<<< From a news story. And nobody did a thing. Saw another story about a grandmother who discovered her grandson was plotting and turned him in one day before it was to happen. This is a people problem and people are the solution.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In this same vein, and this is an honest question, when did we (Americans) start thinking that the government MUST do something to solve (insert whatever crisis here). When did things move from person responsibility to “group” responsibility? What could any government ever do to stop the evil in mankind’s heart?

It’s an honest question because I’m not that old so it must’ve either happened when I was too young to notice or it happened before I was born (‘86).

When collectivist ideas crept into Western society. And I agree. This **** caught me by surprise. I knew back in the 80s that the logical conclusion of the 60s is what we have now. I just never thought it would happen in the US because our constitution would protect us. Boy I got that wrong. I used to think that Obama moved the nation further left than it's ever been, but I think he's just a result of the far left shift the nation already had made. Well. Not the nation. Mostly the progressive enclaves. Probably social media helped a lot with that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom