Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When collectivist ideas crept into Western society. And I agree. This **** caught me by surprise. I knew back in the 80s that the logical conclusion of the 60s is what we have now. I just never thought it would happen in the US because our constitution would protect us. Boy I got that wrong. I used to think that Obama moved the nation further left than it's ever been, but I think he's just a result of the far left shift the nation already had made. Well. Not the nation. Mostly the progressive enclaves. Probably social media helped a lot with that.

Those who were carrying signs in the 60's took over shortly after. They and their progeny are running things now.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Those who were carrying signs in the 60's took over shortly after. They and their progeny are running things now.

Yeah. And if it weren't so damn sorrowful for the future, it'd be way more funny watching their progeny eat them alive.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah. And if it weren't so damn sorrowful for the future, it'd be way more funny watching their progeny eat them alive.

Like you I saw some of this coming but really did not think the entire media would flip on us. With them pushing this crap into every home and click bait all over our laptops it is only a matter of time before we become the Euro model they seek.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Like you I saw some of this coming but really did not think the entire media would flip on us. With them pushing this crap into every home and click bait all over our laptops it is only a matter of time before we become the Euro model they seek.

I also think 9/11 pushed the whole thing into overdrive. People wanted safety and they wanted Washington to give it to them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I also think 9/11 pushed the whole thing into overdrive. People wanted safety and they wanted Washington to give it to them.

Again......."Gimme"
    We are no safer now than well before 9/11. I believe we are more at risk with the revolving door legal system (total joke) and forces coming in from bad places freely.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The only thing I'm sorry about,for this kid, is that he didn't start his spree by putting a bullet in his own head. I think this "mental illness" trope is a kop out. He knew right from wrong, and chose to do evil.

I don't want to misconstrue what you are saying here. I am referring to "I think this"mental illness" trope is a kop out. He knew right from wrong and chose to do evil".

Are you suggesting that "mental illness" is an excuse for the actions? Can you clarify what you meant by that for me?

I think there are some mental disorders that may cause people to hear voices, like maybe schizophrenia.
    I would agree that he knew right from wrong and clearly made a decision to do evil.
    However, I believe that an underlying mental health issue could limit a persons ability to be rational. And that an individuals triggers can cause thoughts to fester to the point they may start to rationalize actions. It has been my experience that often it is incredibly difficult for someone with a mental disability to verbally express what an underlying problem is and they feel like nobody is listening to them or understanding. My stepson as an example would be trying to give his view of an incident but couldn't get the words out. It frustrated him to no end, he would get so upset he would pull his hair or bang his head on a table. The long and short, he knew right from wrong but he couldn't get a result to a problem that was sufficient enough, and would use that to rationalize his actions. Even though he knew what would happen.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    At the end of, Shepard Smith Reporting he had a interview with a teacher from the high school from the shooting in FL and it took her less then a minute to start blaming the 2nd Amendment plus her saying our founding fathers never intended us to own AR style weapons. I am sure the interview will make its way to the internet soon to see and will post when it does...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Just finished up Life at the Bottom, an interesting series of observations about life in England.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    At the end of" Shepard Smith Reporting he had a interview with a teacher from the high school from the shooting and it took her less then a minute to start blaming the 2nd Amendment plus her saying our founding fathers never intended us to own AR style weapons. I am sure the interview will make its way to the internet soon to see and will post when it does...

I saw that too. She went full on rant about "when is enough, enough we must do something" as soon as she blamed the 2A.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    The superintendent of the Zionsville school system just sent out a community wide email that starts with the below. So yeah, the constant misinformation from the media is being taken at face value. Disappointing.

Dear ZCS Faculty and Parents—

There has not been a school district level message of this type since approximately 239 US school shootings ago (Sandy Hook Elementary School, Connecticut, 2012). There have been five such incidents already in 2018. Perhaps you have heard that there have been 18 school shootings in the past 45 days. (All data from media and research groups responding to the horrible tragedy in Parkland, Florida yesterday.) It is a new year, but this is the same old thing. On average, there are now five school shootings each month in the U.S.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The superintendent of the Zionsville school system just sent out a community wide email that starts with the below. So yeah, the constant misinformation from the media is being taken at face value. Disappointing.

Dear ZCS Faculty and Parents—

There has not been a school district level message of this type since approximately 239 US school shootings ago (Sandy Hook Elementary School, Connecticut, 2012). There have been five such incidents already in 2018. Perhaps you have heard that there have been 18 school shootings in the past 45 days. (All data from media and research groups responding to the horrible tragedy in Parkland, Florida yesterday.) It is a new year, but this is the same old thing. On average, there are now five school shootings each month in the U.S.

Again with this 18 school shootings number.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Again with this 18 school shootings number.

If you say it enough, it will be true. Technically, it is true...but its what you consider a 'school shooting'. 98% of statistics are made up on the spot...I really don't think they're made up sometimes...just twisted to fit the situation and make big headlines.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    At the end of, Shepard Smith Reporting he had a interview with a teacher from the high school from the shooting in FL and it took her less then a minute to start blaming the 2nd Amendment plus her saying our founding fathers never intended us to own AR style weapons. I am sure the interview will make its way to the internet soon to see and will post when it does...

Well the founding fathers never intended for people to have their opinions blasted out to TV's, Radios, iphones, tablets or computers either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom