"Active shooter" on the loose in Canada!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I am leaning toward Amish... they are a sneaky group with their horse and buggy rigs.

ht_amish_mafia_ll_130826_16x9_992.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Confirmed, solider has died of his gunshot wound.

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/524965723672961024

Question for a mod: In regards to this story (Man Who Killed Soldier With Car Was Radical _________, Authorities Say - NBC News) and the forum rules. I'd rather not nitpick with modifying the plaintext of the link, or whatnot... but would it be acceptable on INGO if we referred to these groups/religions by-name, as long as it is preceded with the word "radical"?

I think that using the word "radical" is accurate, and no longer encompasses the entire religion and it's followers.

Only asking because ISIS is a big topic right now, and who knows how many more of these terror attacks will arise in the near future.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood

Question for a mod: In regards to this story (Man Who Killed Soldier With Car Was Radical _________, Authorities Say - NBC News) and the forum rules. I'd rather not nitpick with modifying the plaintext of the link, or whatnot... but would it be acceptable on INGO if we referred to these groups/religions by-name, as long as it is preceded with the word "radical"?

I think that using the word "radical" is accurate, and no longer encompasses the entire religion and it's followers.

Only asking because ISIS is a big topic right now, and who knows how many more of these terror attacks will arise in the near future.

A-freaking-men. In my opinion, failing to classify these radicals as what they are only lumps them into the same group as the "normal" (is that the right word?) people of that religion. I'm sure the normal followers of that specific jello are appalled at ISIS and their actions just as much as we are. In fact, they may hate ISIS even more, as the threat is in their backyard, and taking their childhood friends into their ranks and molding them into terrorists.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Watching CNN and they are questioning the wisdom of having unarmed guard at the entrance of the para. bldg. Well duh!

From my understanding so far...

The soldier was not a guard of the parliament, he was at the Tomb of the Unknown Solider. After he was shot, the shooter carjacked someone and drove as close to parliament as he could, and ran inside. Reports say the Sergeant at Arms of the Parliament, a former RCMP officer, got him.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL

:( Sad to hear. Surely more deaths will follow due to this terrorist attack. I can only hope otherwise.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Ottawa Hospital confirms it's treating 3 shooting victims, 1 is the soldier. No one from the hospital or the military has confirmed the soldiers death.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    There will be a bunch of them at the Nappanee Gun Show on Saturday... stocking up on guns and ammo.

Contrary to what many think, the do like their firearms. It's about the time of year when I see them riding bikes past my house with guns strapped to the handlebars.:D

I have yet to see one ride by with a deer strapped to the bike though.:laugh:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    From my understanding so far...

The soldier was not a guard of the parliament, he was at the Tomb of the Unknown Solider. After he was shot, the shooter carjacked someone and drove as close to parliament as he could, and ran inside. Reports say the Sergeant at Arms of the Parliament, a former RCMP officer, got him.

They were questioning how the shooter got into the parliament bldg and in this context the question about unarmed guards at the parliament bldg was mentioned, I doubt anything will change overall about guns in the Canada.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Canada's security at parliament is nothing like we have in DC. Unless something special was going on, you could walk right in. Not even any metal detectors to walk through.:rolleyes:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Canada's security at parliament is nothing like we have in DC. Unless something special was going on, you could walk right in. Not even any metal detectors to walk through.:rolleyes:

Yes, they outlawed guns so they have nothing to fear...oh,wait,...what?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Ottawa police confirmed soldier has died from his injuries. Also confirmed that one shooter was killed in the parliament building.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    May the soldier that died rest in peace. Prayers for my Canadian friends.

And may they find the rest of the folks responsible and send them to hell.

More reason to always be vigilant and always carry.

Top Bottom