"Active shooter" on the loose in Canada!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    http://www.nationalreview.com/campa...e-shooting-attacks-ottawa-canada-jim-geraghty

Ottawa Police Service: There were "numerous gunmen" at the Canada War Memorial shooting. One person was shot.

Canada just locked down (to the public) all military bases in Canada. I don't think they'd do this out of an abundance of caution.

Also, I didn't realize there was a _______ aspect to this. Apparently an incident a few days ago where a man with ______ sympathies ran people down with his car.

Edit: Some sources saying as many as 5 active shooters right now.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Globe Reporter captures footage of gunfire exchange

Gunman had no chance.

Run towards danger.

[video=youtube;XrGqoISd-do]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrGqoISd-do[/video]

Running to the sound of gunfire...good job guys.

Too bad the audio wasn't better...and too bad it looked like the cameraman fell down when the shooting started.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Running to the sound of gunfire...good job guys.

Too bad the audio wasn't better...and too bad it looked like the cameraman fell down when the shooting started.

Likely crapping himself. The real heroes running toward the gunfire, that takes balls.

Starting to hear this referred to as an "attack" rather than "shooting".

There's still an active shooter. Three separate shooting sites. Multiple gunmen. One gunman dead.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Are we able to speculate on the terrorist group that they may be associated with?

News from The Associated Press

ISIS sympathizers attacked Canadian soldiers just two days ago. Now it's possible ISIS sympathizers are attacking parliament.

Yes. ISIS sympathizers is the safe way to say it, I would expect.

Shooters being described as wearing all black, white bandana, and regalia that could be associated with "______ organization".... -ThinkProgress

Ottawa Police now confirming a 3rd shooting. This one at the Rideau Centre Mall. No word on injuries at that one. Rideau Centre Mall, site of 3rd shooting incident, is on other side of Rideau Canal from Parliament, right next to NDHQ, Canada's Pentagon

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Notable: NBC News softens report on ?ISIS-inspired? terror plot preempted by Canadian officials « Hot Air

Earlier this month, Canadian officials reportedly broke up a plot to attack shopping malls w/ guns & knives.

"This was a concerted effort on the part of terrorists here in Canada." - Canadian Senator on MSNBC

CTV reporting that the soldier gunned down at the war memorial is still alive. Bystanders administered life saving CPR after the shooting.

News flying by so fast. Yes, this is officially a "terrorist attack"

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    News from The Associated Press

ISIS sympathizers attacked Canadian soldiers just two days ago. Now it's possible ISIS sympathizers are attacking parliament.

Yes. ISIS sympathizers is the safe way to say it, I would expect.

Shooters being described as wearing all black, white bandana, and regalia that could be associated with "______ organization".... -ThinkProgress

Ottawa Police now confirming a 3rd shooting. This one at the Rideau Centre Mall. No word on injuries at that one

Is ISIS considered a religion around here (or anywhere for that matter)? I assumed there are classified as a terrorist group. Their motivation may come from their religion (as skewed and extreme as their beliefs in said religion may be), but not all people of that religion are in ISIS.

Please don't ban me.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is ISIS considered a religion around here (or anywhere for that matter)? I assumed there are classified as a terrorist group. Their motivation may come from their religion (as skewed and extreme as their beliefs in said religion may be), but not all people of that religion are in ISIS.

Please don't ban me.

No. ISIS is a terrorist group. We don't need to spell out what the letters mean. Their influence does not necessarily reflect on all members of said influence.

ISIS is evil, and ISIS should be stopped. There are other threads on ISIS as a group, and there's nothing wrong with those. There is no need to elaborate further on the group itself, or it's tenents.

CFRA Ottawa is reporting a second shooter has been shot. Here's hoping he and the other are put in a body bags as well.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    From reddit: Here are some (chilling) updates from Gary Dimmock, the Ottawa Citizen's crime beat reporter: UPDATE: One suspect, believed to be on motorcycle, is on the 417, according to police sources. They think he fled downtown on bike. [Me: The 417 is the major freeway running through the city.] UPDATE: While police track one suspect on motorbike, they are also tracking another, last seen behind the Chateau Laurier. [Me: Chateau Laurier is a hotel] UPDATE: Police have been ordered to track two more possible suspect's, one fleeing on foot near Chateau, the other on motorbike. Ottawa Source: https://twitter.com/crimegarden

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Just in case you don't know or are not aware:
    ISIS is the acronym for Islamic State of Iraq & Syria.

I'm amazed how many co-workers are not aware of that.

I believe it won't be long before most americans know what ISIS means, similar to knowing who Osama BinLaden was after 9/11.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom