Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I was not replying to you, that's why I didn't quote you.
    The news was all freaked out about his arsenal.
    They just kept coming back to it.

No problem... I agree completely with you... they are focusing on the NUMBER instead of the beginning of a new buying PATTERN... the former means very little, the latter, IMO, likely means a lot.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    After booking the room he found out that because of Chicago's draconian gun laws it would be illegal for him to bring his collection into the city.

Edited for color content. Assume responses were all in good purple fun too.

Now if I can only find my purple dress so I can dress up like Sarah Brady.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I keep running into that and the complainers are beside themselves. Once I point out that he only has two hands so more than two is not more powerful like increasing the amount of explosives, they tend to calm down a little bit.

I know. Everyone gets hyper about it. As if the guy is firing 360 degrees, like a robot.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    No problem... I agree completely with you... they are focusing on the NUMBER instead of the beginning of a new buying PATTERN... the former means very little, the latter, IMO, likely means a lot.

Just a minor point, considering the type of hardware he was buying and its corrosion resistance, Brevard County Florida is one of the most corrosive atmospheres in the USA. Electronics, AC condensers, firearms, cars.....almost any metal object will be eaten up unbelievably fast. We replaced 2 AC condensers in a period of 10 years. Cars parked outside garages lose their trunk and engine hoods. Safes provide only so much protection...better if they are stored in an AC environment, but you don't keep nice things in Brevard County.

On the other hand, marine cold beer on a beach listening to Reggae makes it all worth while. :)

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    If he had a brain tumor, they might find it on the carpet.

What's the drop of a .308 at 2000 ft? I'm skeptical on flyers.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Oh dayum... I had no clue that Conservatives had infiltrated the Lolla? I'm starting to think this guy was just looking to kill people.... didn't really make a difference who.

Has anyone actually asserted an ideological motive yet?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Has anyone actually asserted an ideological motive yet?

Nope. He's just a bat**** crazy person so far. Funny thing, is that this guy is what conspiracy dreams are made of. No social media presence, bank robber dad, worked for several federal agencies, really rich, foreign girlfriend, lived in numerous different places.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Jay Sekulow was honing in on the sheriff's use of the word radicalisation, and the means there of, yesterday.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Nope. He's just a bat**** crazy person so far.

I meant, here in this thread.

There are some who speculated as to a motive, given the demographics of the crowd. And then that turned into its own rabbit-hole, about the assumption about the demographics. But as far as I know, nobody (in this thread - now-fired CBS executives notwithstanding) has actually asserted that he was targeting conservatives.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    If he had a brain tumor, they might find it on the carpet.

What's the drop of a .308 at 2000 ft? I'm skeptical on flyers.
    Just watch Hickok45's video shooting a slide stock link is posted earlier or google it. He's usually a good shot but watch that AR-15 spray bullets and jam. When he goes to a .45 acp, same result + broken firing pin jam. Probably flyers, yeah........

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    I can't believe that so many are willing to "trade" part of their right to get back another part that was stolen from us. "We'll give up bump/slide fire stocks if we can get suppressors." they said.

Here in Indiana, if you are of age and not conscientiously opposed to the bearing of arms YOU are IN the militia BY LAW. The second amendment is what enumerates that we will always be able to be properly armed to do that duty when called upon.

I have seen these devices called useless, wasteful, no purpose, even as far as "silly toys". These were designed to help us get back to as close to having the capability of full auto fire as possible, which again was STOLEN from us.

Full auto fire isn't just something for the "rich guys that can afford the ammo", isn't for "showing off at the range", isn't for "feeling like Billy Bad-self", and most certainly isn't for being able to "kill faster or more effectively".

Full auto is for Suppressive Fire, a valid and necessary military tactic. This cuts to the heart of the Second Amendment. That the people can be sufficiently armed to perform relevant military tactics in order to suppress rebellion or insurrection, repel invaders, or in the worst case scenario throw off the yoke of a tyrannical government.

I am deeply saddened by those wishing to once again compromise or trade key effectiveness of the Second Amendment based upon their personal lives / situations without thinking of the reasons we had those abilities to begin with.

For me there will be no compromise. I am the guy that carries a black powder revolver because I refuse to ask for a license. Pass the HPA or better yet, the SHUSH Act. Repeal the Hughes Amendment.

All small arms, their variants, and accessories should be available to the American public so that if called upon either by State or Federal that we may perform the military duties entrusted to us with the utmost effectiveness to protect ourselves, our families, our States, and our Nation from the lawless and tyrannical.

Stop Trading Rights Away.

Top Bottom