Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Judging by the author, I'm going to assume she suggests eating all the guns.

DLTLx-dW0AA2SFR.jpg:small

Agreed that we need something else. 1st on the list would be to stop tilting at windmills (targeting inanimate objects instead of the people that misuse them).

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Time to BAN swimming, after all, who really NEEDS to swim:

[h=1]Drowning[/h]Fact sheet
    Updated May 2017

[h=3]Key facts[/h]
    • Drowning is the 3rd leading cause of unintentional injury death worldwide, accounting for 7% of all injury-related deaths.
    • There are an estimated 360 000 annual drowning deaths worldwide.
    • Global estimates may significantly underestimate the actual public health problem related to drowning.
    • Children, males and individuals with increased access to water are most at risk of drowning.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Speaking of what may shake out in the calm-of-the-aftermath, the lingering suspicion that this guy was a leftist sticks with me. If that turns out to be true, then it would allow for a significant shift of the conversation.

Oh, there's also the classic, "If the bad guys have these, then the law abiding need them, too." Perhaps not right away, but it is still on the table.

Careful, you are following on the tinfoil path according to the mainstream media and one here.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.

Rahm Emanuel, Democrat Mayor of Chicago

This is pretty SOP for a relatively authoritarian state and well known. Naomi Klien's "Shock Doctrine" discusses this behavior on the world stage in response to political and natural disasters. But it's easy to see this type of response looking back at a lot of domestic policy.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I've had the professional obligation (in the past) to see crime scene and autopsy photos. That self-inflicted wound doesn't appear "abnormal." There didn't appear to me to be a "normal," rather a range of "normal."

Kinda odd that that the revolver would end up over his head, if that's what was used. But, I recall a forensic guy's testimony that with a suicide there's no way to account for all the permutations of how someone was angled when they shot, which muscles were tensed, which ones flexed, and where the gun's recoil took it. Again, there's kinda a "range" of normal.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You forgot the "S". Answer- within a week.

....and the organizers of the concert, Jason Aldean, whoever owns the land the concert was on, the security company at the concert and the hotel (if it is a contractor), Surefire, Slide Fire, whoever made the rifles, some of the first responders, the hospitals, doctors, etc., etc., etc....

This. The lawsuits and legal work will go on for a long, long time.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I've had the professional obligation (in the past) to see crime scene and autopsy photos. That self-inflicted wound doesn't appear "abnormal." There didn't appear to me to be a "normal," rather a range of "normal."

Kinda odd that that the revolver would end up over his head, if that's what was used. But, I recall a forensic guy's testimony that with a suicide there's no way to account for all the permutations of how someone was angled when they shot, which muscles were tensed, which ones flexed, and where the gun's recoil took it. Again, there's kinda a "range" of normal.

Standing and fell backwards. I couldn't tell if it was a mouth shot or a temple shot.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

But why is his leg still under the gun REEEEEEEEEE

Top Bottom