Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It would have been the first thing that any honest report would have used for confirmation.

A third broken window would have been very noticable.That would be all over the news by now.

gettyimages-857670510.jpg

9009782-3x2-700x467.jpg

1060x600-a67f34e9f1ae7c671c1d81770077c10d.jpg

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Good point.
    I think they would have noticed a third broken window.

Not only would all the mainstream press and media have noted it from the outset, the idea that you can shoot out a window like those on the 32nd floor is yet more Hollywood Physics. Having seen commercial building large tempered glass windows that have been shot by multiple rounds from drive-by shooters, unless you unleash a large volley, bullets make bullet holes. It requires many rounds to reliably take out a window like those on the hotel. That's why the shooter used a 4 lb (common size guess) short handle sledge hammer.

Commentary:
    Conspiracy theories and armchair sleuth wild deductions from thin and flimsy (at best) evidence are ubiquitous on social media and it's the #FakeNews world we live in now. There are millions of postings by folks who claim to know from "confidential sources" or conclusive deductions from a cell phone video that "solve the crime." [purple]I can tell you without any doubt whatsoever, it was the Professor Plum with the pistol in the lounge. I know this because I've been given a secret peek into the opaque black sleeve with the cards found at the crime scene. I've already texted this to Alex Jones but he's buried the facts as they're NIH*.[/purple]

John
    *NIH: Not Invented Here

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    It sounded like incoming fire to me...but many people don't know what that sounds like.
    I know all too well what incoming sounds like. Also know all too well what "outgoing" sounds like. I daresay many here do as well. The major problem with video recordings is inability to capture the dynamic and frequency range, plus the concussion, from either. Also lost are the true stereo directional perception humans have even though human ears aren't nearly as good as those of healthy cats or dogs (or other animals). Cell phones are particularly poor recording devices. Then it's uploaded to YouTube or Facebook that further degrades video and audio resolution and fidelity. Trying to draw any but the broadest possible conclusions from these recordings posted on social media is a SWAG, at best.

John

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I know all too well what incoming sounds like. Also know all too well what "outgoing" sounds like. I daresay many here do as well. The major problem with video recordings is inability to capture the dynamic and frequency range, plus the concussion, from either. Also lost are the true stereo directional perception humans have even though human ears aren't nearly as good as those of healthy cats or dogs (or other animals). Cell phones are particularly poor recording devices. Then it's uploaded to YouTube or Facebook that further degrades video and audio resolution and fidelity. Trying to draw any but the broadest possible conclusions from these recordings posted on social media is a SWAG, at best. John
    That's why I was wondering if the shape of the building would channel sounds into a "cone" or bounce them around .

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    That's why I was wondering if the shape of the building would channel sounds into a "cone" or bounce them around .
    There are other high-rises around this one with just as much glass surface. The muzzle reports will bounce directly from those surfaces as well. Glass is particularly reflective because of its surface flatness without texture combined with its hardness is acoustically highly reflective. The result is chaotic sounding. Large panels can act somewhat like passive transducers as they will flex and retransmit the sound in addition to reflecting it. An environment with buildings that have much less glass and more stone or masonry with angled surfaces and rough textures tend to scatter sound much more than these nearly all glass structures (glass panel and girder).

John

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Anyone hear an official motive announced yet?

Fox News continues to express dismay and some consternation that nothing has emerged yet that might lead to a motive. That said, they're continuing to pore through his electronics and their contents. At this point I wouldn't expect too much to be divulged in dribbles. From an intelligence perspective you want to piece the puzzle together before deciding what the picture is. Otherwise you get the blind men examining the elephant and describing it as the part they can feel with none of them seeing the entire elephant.

file-1208368053-jpg

John

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Fox News continues to express dismay and some consternation that nothing has emerged yet that might lead to a motive. That said, they're continuing to pore through his electronics and their contents. At this point I wouldn't expect too much to be divulged in dribbles. From an intelligence perspective you want to piece the puzzle together before deciding what the picture is. Otherwise you get the blind men examining the elephant and describing it as the part they can feel with none of them seeing the entire elephant.

file-1208368053-jpg

John

Fox was also trying to blame atheism for the shooting. Talk about pulling something out your a**...
    Fox News suggests atheism is to blame for Las Vegas shooting | The Independent

Pathetic

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Fox was also trying to blame atheism for the shooting. Talk about pulling something out your a**...
    Fox News suggests atheism is to blame for Las Vegas shooting | The Independent

Pathetic
    They're not exempt from airhead chatter, particularly when they have the coffee klatch segments during which they have to blather on with whatever nonsense pops into their heads to prevent dead air time. My hearing automatically mutes during those segments. These segments are no better than the other cable news channels.

John

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    The only insight there has been was the words of someone claiming to be a hooker. If it's substantiated, this could just be an act of an evil, Godless man.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Shooter's brother is in Las Vegas and law enforcement have gone back into his nearest home (Mesquite?) to do additional search. I continue to believe FBI and local sheriff are still holding back considerable information to get as complete a picture as possible (cue blind men with elephant picture again). Letting it out in drips and drabs would hurt their investigation and precipitate conspiracy theories and unfounded rumor, as if there aren't enough of those already (cue Alex Jones' YouTube channel; deliberately not putting link to it).

John

Top Bottom