Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    When I was young you had to sign for ammo. Literally sign a book. I used to by 500 bricks of LR when we would back pack out for 2 or 3 days. I would get them at the K-Mart at 38th and High school. Had to show my license and sign a book.

writing.jpg

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'm shocked by the drift I'm seeing that amounts to "I don't have one" or "I don't like them" and so, I'm ok with doing yet another one-way "compromise" to appease the barking hounds demanding common sense solutions in a number of gun people.

This is another Lucy and Charlie Brown episode of Charlie trying to kick the football...if we seriously believe there'll be any good faith trading here is delusional.
    Yep, why negotiate when we're handing them what they want!?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't get why people can't see that no one is giving anything away?

The ATF is gonna look at this whether anyone likes it or not. They don't need permission. :dunno:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I've been out and about this afternoon and had a number of conversations (brought up by others) about the Las Vegas shootings.

Interestingly, NO ONE brought up bump fires. What they want to know is: why did he do it? Almost the main concern on everyone's mind.

Granted, these are people who know guns more or less. And it is Indiana.

We may never know.
    Most clear cut, "tied up in a bow" endings happen on TV
    Unfortunately, everyone expects that now.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    Well, hopefully, as it is now saturday, time will keep passing and emotions will keep falling , and we may not have to give up anything. A good point someone brought up was that this did blow the anit's SA is FA argument to bits, and i see people wondering Why he did it more than what he did it with(except for the talking heads on tv), but this is the hoosier state. As others have mentioned, hopefully the anti's will over reach and the bills they sponsor get buried. I still think the nra coming out with a 'hey us gun owners feel yer pain, lets have the atf review something they approved twice, one more time just in case' is a good idea to appease the masses. The government takes time on Everything they do, so if it takes a month to review and the populace has moved on to something else in the mean time, then thats a good thing.

Bhart89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    McCordsville

The ATF is gonna look at this whether anyone likes it or not. They don't need permission. :dunno:

The ATF cannot change the definition of machine gun. Under the current definition they are not making a machine gun. If you outlaw bumpfiring than you outlaw all semi autos. This is all about rate of fre and magazine capacity, both of which require changes to the law to enact. There are several bills already filed to make these changes.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis

I have to agree here.

It was because of a rather arbitrary ATF administrative action that bumpstocks were ever "marketable" under the existing regulatory scheme in the first place. Why would it take an act of Congress to reverse administrative action from a sub-department level bureaucracy? I just don't see it.

The BATFE will handle this in their own way (or not) whether or not the citizenry are on-board with the action. The ATF is as political an organization as any on Earth...if an ambitious bureaucrat sees opportunity to gain influence or buoy his brand by reversing the Bureau's stance on bumpstocks we should probably expect it will happen. A lot of democrats might hold that guy up as a hero. There could be a higher-level political appointment in it for him, or even a run at an elected seat.

Always follow the [strike]money[/strike] corruption.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have to agree here.

It was because of a rather arbitrary ATF administrative action that bumpstocks were ever "marketable" under the existing regulatory scheme in the first place. Why would it take an act of Congress to reverse administrative action from a sub-department level bureaucracy? I just don't see it.

The BATFE will handle this in their own way (or not) whether or not the citizenry are on-board with the action. The ATF is as political an organization as any on Earth...if an ambitious bureaucrat sees opportunity to gain influence or buoy his brand by reversing the Bureau's stance on bumpstocks we should probably expect it will happen. A lot of democrats might hold that guy up as a hero. There could be a higher-level political appointment in it for him, or even a run at an elected seat.

Always follow the [strike]money[/strike] corruption.

Always.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    When I was young you had to sign for ammo. Literally sign a book. I used to by 500 bricks of LR when we would back pack out for 2 or 3 days. I would get them at the K-Mart at 38th and High school. Had to show my license and sign a book.

Sign for ammo? Show a license??? You had no clue what freedom looked like.

When I was ~13, we rode our bicycles to the nearest store and bought all the 22lf we wanted. No ID and no signature....just another sale like any other.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Finish the story:

....and then we crossed the border and came to America.

[video=youtube_share;YhSKk-cvblc]http://youtu.be/YhSKk-cvblc[/video]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sign for ammo? Show a license??? You had no clue what freedom looked like.

When I was ~13, we rode our bicycles to the nearest store and bought all the 22lf we wanted. No ID and no signature....just another sale like any other.

And you are how old..........This was a long way back. That was stopped probably about the time you are referring to. I never gave it a second thought. It was just what we did. I never bought ammo before I had a license. My uncles/aunts always had it for us.

What is 22lf by the way...:):

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I remember doing that at a K-Mart and a Western Auto.

But that was when a brick of 22 was less than $5 and you could buy a beer for 50 cents or less. A lot less if you drank Pabst.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    And you are how old..........This was a long way back. That was stopped probably about the time you are referring to. I never gave it a second thought. It was just what we did. I never bought ammo before I had a license. My uncles/aunts always had it for us.

What is 22lf by the way...:):
    .22 Long Firearm, its that ammo that works in anything over 18"

Top Bottom