Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well if this doesn't sound very similar...

Three men living outside the U.S. planned to attack concerts, Times Square and crowded subways in 2016 in an ISIS-inspired attack that one of the suspects said he hoped would be "the next 9/11," authorities announced on Friday afternoon.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/investigations/Terror-Plot-New-York-Concert-Landmark-ISIS-Las-Vegas-Arrest-Times-Square-449749293.html

read the whole story.

Can't access the link. Repost the link?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Yep, let them keep adding accessories to the NFA list.

Then they can add things like grips, stocks, and anything rail-mounted. You know, because they are JUST accessories and don't really matter.

Personally, I'd prefer to keep Pandora's Box as closed as possible. Unintended consequences and all that.
    This^^^^!
    Slippery slope, etc.....

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Oh they're real. I once dated a mermaid. Then the Lizard People locked her up. Probably just as well, it was always awkward on dates when I ordered the Sea Bass.

Going on a dinner date with one of the lizard people is ill advised . . .

[video=youtube;R8Olyg6Pg3g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8Olyg6Pg3g[/video]

John

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'll admit that I have not ready all 186 pages of this thread, but let me pivot the conversation away from guns for just a minute...

When looking at this open air concert venue through Google Maps, there appear to be several buildings nearby that pose a potential for a vertical threat. This time there was only a single shooter, maybe there were two but lets keep on track here. There could have easily been several shooters setup in opposing buildings overlooking this venue to inflict maximum carnage. Security efforts at these open air venues MUST take into consideration the potential for a vertical threat. Simply having metal detectors, concrete barricades, blocked off streets, etc. serves a simple two dimensional point of entry\exit.

If we want to discuss the failures and causes of this tragic event, one HAS to address the complete lack of vertical security at this venue. Concert planners and their security staff including the city of Las Vegas should bear some responsibility for this oversight. I fully expect this scenario to be repeated at other such areas with a concentration of soft targets.

Mike
    What are we supposed to do? Build an armored dome over any/all entertainment venues? Kind of hard to ever have the Boston marathon again! Or the 500! Or.....

Bhart89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    McCordsville
    The hotel overlooking the Indians stadium came to mind in Indy as a possible local target rich environment for a shooter firing from an elevated position.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    When I was young you had to sign for ammo. Literally sign a book. I used to by 500 bricks of LR when we would back pack out for 2 or 3 days. I would get them at the K-Mart at 38th and High school. Had to show my license and sign a book.

Must...refrain...from...age...comment...

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    When I was young you had to sign for ammo. Literally sign a book. I used to by black powder and matches for our matchlock when we would back pack out for 2 or 3 days. I would get them at the the general store at 38th and High school. Had to show my license and sign a book.

For black powder and matchlocks? Bet it took forever to chisel your name in that stone tablet.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yeah you probably should.......:lmfao:

You didn't have to sign for buying bullets, it's because you were paying with gold dust. I remember .22LR on the counter for impulse buy at Western Auto in Salem for 0.99/box, and Western Auto was on the square. That's been a while... but we did have folding money.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You didn't have to sign for buying bullets, it's because you were paying with gold dust. I remember .22LR on the counter for impulse buy at Western Auto in Salem for 0.99/box, and Western Auto was on the square. That's been a while...

There was a western auto on the square in G-castle or close to the square that sold ammo back in the day when it was an OK thing to do.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    You didn't have to sign for buying bullets, it's because you were paying with gold dust. I remember .22LR on the counter for impulse buy at Western Auto in Salem for 0.99/box, and Western Auto was on the square. That's been a while... but we did have folding money.
    Western Auto? Was your foldin' money Union, or Confederate?

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The hotel overlooking the Indians stadium came to mind in Indy as a possible local target rich environment for a shooter firing from an elevated position.

Good point. My wife and I were talking about how many open air public events and venues are equally as vulnerable to a similar attack. But I think another location aside from hotels and business would be parking garages and it could add a somewhat easier means of escape. This has the potential to change the way events are planned

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    trolololol

q7hyj1rrs9qz.jpg

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    All I am seeing is "I don't really know what one of them there bump stocks are, but they convert a gun into a machine gun". Might need to show them you can bump fire without a slide fire stock. Let's hope they don't hear about binary triggers.

Ultimately setting a precedent that we can ban accessories that have already been approved by the ATF is a bad thing for gun owners and leads to a slippery slope even if you don't care about bumpfire stocks.
    Looks like we're in trouble, with die hard gun guys, republican congressmen, and now the NRA backing a ban!? I don't believe what I'm seeing!

Top Bottom