Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    22222024_1459069964189654_601001954120915191_n.jpg

This is like listening to Jimmy Kimmel talk about semi automatic vs. automatic weapons....geez.

That's a utility knife.

These are box cutters:

61uIqtEUt2L._SX355_.jpg

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    When has infowars been right? Honest question, I don't follow them.

Here ya go Kut. I think it has been proven over and over about the fish people. . . . . . Yes, add purple where needed.

[video=youtube;TzNeg9D-EZ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzNeg9D-EZ4[/video]

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Did you ever shoot video of muzzle flashes?
    It doesn't work so well.
    Movies use special effects.

I'm working my way through this after stopping for a minute and another 100 pages popping up (standard size, I didn't adjust). That said and regarding cell videos of muzzle flash, this is a screenshot from my phone of a video I made over someone's shoulder. Not exactly the same thing as filming from a distance, but...(it was a "hot" box of Perfecta, to be fair).

rjWyDCb.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'm working my way through this after stopping for a minute and another 100 pages popping up (standard size, I didn't adjust). That said and regarding cell videos of muzzle flash, this is a screenshot from my phone of a video I made over someone's shoulder. Not exactly the same thing as filming from a distance, but...(it was a "hot" box of Perfecta, to be fair).

rjWyDCb.jpg

You could suggest to your friend that they need a lesson on a proper grip. The "T-Cup" doesn't do much to help control the firearm.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Here, let my give you a term that is more linguistically pleasing. How about "Warrior Society?" Now explain to me how a warrior society isn't a "militaristic society." I don't consider a militaristic society one that is simply based on the capabilities of the standing army of the nation. I also include the the capabilities of the non-military citizenry. The United States enjoys, strong support for the military, and has a capable non-military society, which could relatively easily (compared to other nations) seamlessly compliment a standing force. That's extremely rare, for first world nations. This doesn't even account for how eager our nation has traditionally been in involving itself in foreign conflicts, again with strong support, from both the public and private sectors. That is my opinion.

Hold the phone. Warrior Society? Have you seen all the butterflies flitting around our cities? There is nothing akin to a warrior society in the US. There is a very small warrior subculture, with a fair amount of varying degrees of soldier worship (often unhealthy). The average American MAM is woefully unqualified for military service, because he's either too fat, too stupid, has a criminal record, can't pass a psyche evaluation, or has some kind of made up condition so he can collect disability. Roughly 1/4 of the people currently willing to join the Army, and who aren't immediately identified as unqualified by a recruiter, are unqualified. Of those that are, another 1/3 or so can't get through IET. For every 10 people that talk seriously to a recruiter, I'll bet only 4 or 5 actually even go to MEPS. So that means 20% or so of the willing population ever makes it past AIT. Then there is everyone else who wants nothing to do with the military.

We're culture of takers, not givers. Warriors are givers. Whatever militaristic pathos we have in America is largely locked up in video gamers and LARPers. The warrior ethos is relatively rare.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We do not know if it made a difference in casualties. Perception is that it did, but reality could be that things could have been worse if he had actually aimed and shot semi-auto at targets. We will never know which would have been worse.

I see a danger in pursuing this line of reasoning. If we make a point of playing up the idea that the shooter could have done just as much damage with aimed semi-autofire, we play into the antis changing up the argument to "assault weapons" or "military-style weapons" (or whatever formulation of the moment is popular) are thus too dangerous for unrestricted ownership by our own admission

I see a similar problem with the link that surfaced of a supposedly knowledgeable individual asserting that civilian high end ARs are better than military issue. Again, this conflates the idea in the public's mind that these are essentially weapons of military capability that the public can purchase without scrutiny or regulation (beyond that embodied in any gun sale) That particular canard can be refuted, IMO, by referring to the AR as a modern sporting rifle with one of its uses being hunting (an hunting's desire for improved accuracy). Hopefully no one would be foolish enough to mention that a good hunting rifle and a good sniper rifle are ... similar

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    so is that a yes? I am asking this for a friend, who was thinking about hybrid possibilities :stickpoke:

Oh they're real. I once dated a mermaid. Then the Lizard People locked her up. Probably just as well, it was always awkward on dates when I ordered the Sea Bass.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Oh they're real. I once dated a mermaid. Then the Lizard People locked her up. Probably just as well, it was always awkward on dates when I ordered the Sea Bass.

Cause later you'd be sea'n dat bass? I heard there are some lizard people roaming around the local truckstop in the night. I have been to afraid of the diesel fumes to go check it out for myself tho

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It's sad but I also feel that way too.

Because both of you are fathers and can put yourself in the shoes of those parents that lost their children in sandy.

Whereas here it was all adults and the perception is they can try and run and are not helpless unlike children whom we as a society see helpless.

Top Bottom