• ...and so much more!
  • phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    The thread police are thick in here.

Good reminder. I mean come on guys, it's not like for have to keep the thread clear for "official" news. This is a forum on INGUNOWNERS. We don't have reporters on scene or anything. There are plenty of news outlets. While we can certainly discuss and cuss whats happening, these threads carry no weight.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Good reminder. I mean come on guys, it's not like for have to keep the thread clear for "official" news. This is a forum on INGUNOWNERS. We don't have reporters on scene or anything. There are plenty of news outlets. While we can certainly discuss and cuss whats happening, these threads carry no weight.

It has nothing to do with the content of the thread being derailed, it has everything to do with the character of the person posting the drivel. I simply asked people here to "be better than that" when it came to making useless quips and snark. Especially as shots were still being fired.

When this is 100% over, then we can point out and comment on the Russian douchebag, or David Frum, or Henry Winkler's ridiculous commentary.

Here's an easy rule to live by: DONT POLITICIZE A SHOOTING AS IT'S HAPPENING.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The thread police are thick in here.

You could always start your own juvenile/clown sort of thread, eh? :dunno:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Reported one person shot in the head, officer shot in the leg and in surgery, both listed in critical condition.

Good news for the victims - DC Hospitals are among the best at treating gunshot wounds. Hoping for the best.

News sources are backpeddling on the multiple gunmen route. Now saying "appears there was just one gunman all along..."

This conflicts with reports of "two gunmen down"

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Shooting at Washington Navy Yard

Dewey Carpenter, a Navy employee in the U.S. Navy Yard, said he and his co-workers in the Building 210 are directly across from Building 197, the headquarters of Naval Sea Systems Command, where the shots have been fired. A garbled loudspeaker announcement told employees in numerous adjoining buildings to “take shelter”, and a later e-mail echoed those instructions to stay put in their offices and away from windows.

Earlier Monday morning, the gunman walked into Building #197 at the Naval Sea Systems Command Headquarters, 1336 Isaac Hull Ave. in the Southeast section of the District. He shot a security guard in the head, killing him, sources confirmed to News4's Jackie Bensen.
    The gunman then walked through the building, and seemed to target victims, Bensen reported. Some reports indicate he was armed with an AR-15, a military-style assault weapon.
    D.C.'s Metropolitan Police Department and several other law enforcement agencies responded, Bensen said. During that response, a MPD officer was shot in the leg.
    The gunman was then shot by a FBI hostage response team, Bensem said.

Another news reported said it was a double barrel shotgun.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Shooting from 4th floor overlook, aiming at people in cafeteria, apparently

Navy Yard Shooting Live Blog « CBS DC

Whatever this ends up being about, it seems we have a security problem at our military facilities. Things like this, and Fort Hood, should not happen.

update: Apparently he was a former Navy official in his 50's whose work status recently changed. Unfortunately, the phrase "workplace violence" may come into play here.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Sorry form police but I'll continue to comment whenever or wherever I feel appropriate on an open form.
    Start your own website for breaking news and heavily moderate it to that end or not allow any comments whatsoever.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Sorry form police but I'll continue to comment whenever or wherever I feel appropriate on an open form.
    Start your own website for breaking news and heavily moderate it to that end or not allow any comments whatsoever.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This isn't anyones private blog except Fenway's and I haven't seen him complain about any of the posts!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This is why we can't have nice things. ICP trumps all INGO seriousness...

Just let people be people and quit trying to control everything. If nothing would have been said you would have ended up with less interruptions. Just relax, nothing we do here is going to effect what happens there at all.

Top Bottom