• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    The accuser has NO consequences for her actions? None? She can destroy ones life and "oh Well" no big deal?

BS

The only problem with that is if there are severe consequences, females/little kids(and the occasional male) will be scared to speak up when it actually happens to them in fear that the defense is a lot better than the prosecution.

It's a double-edged sword and it sucks.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    This is sick, first I have no tolerance for child molesters PERIOD. That being said I have no tolerance for LIARS either. He should be allowed to sue the parents of the accuser for the legal fees.

Plus, if I was him, I would not want to would I work for that school district again.

Where was the sex in this? A comment can cost you 40 years?

This is what this nation is becoming...selfish..what is in it for me.

The accuser has NO consequences for her actions? None? She can destroy ones life and "oh Well" no big deal?

BS

I think he can sue the parents of the accuser. I would.

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    That's called "playing" and it's what adults used to do with kids before everyone automatically assumed they were molesting them.

Playing? Yeah.....I'm not putting my hands on a 12 year old girl that's not my child. As I've never had the slightest desire to do so, I just find it strange. I'm sure others don't share my perspective, but whatever.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Playing? Yeah.....I'm not putting my hands on a 12 year old girl that's not my child. As I've never had the slightest desire to do so, I just find it strange. I'm sure others don't share my perspective, but whatever.

It sounds like you know yourself. It probably is a good decision for you to not touch other people. :yesway:

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    It sounds like you know yourself. It probably is a good decision for you to not touch other people. :yesway:

Your mom didn't think so. :):

I just think it's odd to want to be physical with other people's kids. But please, feel free to indulge yourself. Nobody will ever suspect anything.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    the parents and the child are not equally responsible. if my 12 year old daughter came to me and said something like "my gym teacher touched me" I would first ask her where, and then tell her that if she is not telling the truth, it will have serious consequences. After that, if she says she means it, I'll see it through, but there WILL be consequences if she turns out to be lieing to get back at a teacher. "grounded forever" will take on a whole new meaning.

if she lied to her parents, they are not as responsible for taking her seriously as some people here would make them out to be.

I mentioned in another thread about the ancient greek system where a false accuser got the punishment they tried to mete out...another candidate for that system.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Your mom didn't think so. :):

I just think it's odd to want to be physical with other people's kids. But please, feel free to indulge yourself. Nobody will ever suspect anything.

I wouldn't appreciate an adult male picking up or getting too close to my daughter, so I follow the same protocol with others' children.

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Do you not trust yourself around children?

How you can make the stretch that someone with no desire to touch other people's children somehow doesn't "trust" themselves with children is beyond me. Something is seriously effed up with your thinking, dude. Quit projecting.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    How you can make the stretch that someone with no desire to touch other people's children somehow doesn't "trust" themselves with children is beyond me. Something is seriously effed up with your thinking, dude. Quit projecting.

I just wonder how we have gotten to a point where a soccer coach is afraid to give a kid a hug after he scores the goal that wins the championship. I am not a child molester, so I don't concern myself with such in depth scenarios as fear of contact with a person outside an age frame.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    In scouting we have to attend Youth Protection Training every year now. We also have rules about two deep leadership....meaning you NEVER put an adult leader in the situation of being alone with kids. I have called off camping trips because we didn't have four adults that could stay whole weekend. We get training to help recognize child abuse signs, sexual, physical, emotional. Most abuse happens at home. If you are a youth leader and find yourself alone with kids, you are asking, no begging, for problems.

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    I just wonder how we have gotten to a point where a soccer coach is afraid to give a kid a hug after he scores the goal that wins the championship. I am not a child molester, so I don't concern myself with such in depth scenarios as fear of contact with a person outside an age frame.

Fear of contact? :rolleyes: Just because you don't have any desire to do something does not mean that you are "afraid" of it. I have no desire to eat raw fish, either, but it's not because they scare me. Just not my thing, although some people love it.

As far as "age frame," I don't routinely pick adults up and "twirl" them, either.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    What does that bible in your sig tell you to do?

Not directed at me, of course, but as I also trust in that Bible... :D

"A good name is to be more desired than great wealth" Proverbs 22:1a

Whether I trust in myself being around children is, in this case, irrelevant. If no responsible adult (preferably a parent) is around watching those kids with me, I don't so much as shake their hand for anything short of keeping them safe from harm.

Speaking as a future preacher specifically, if my reputation is even falsely ruined, I would not be able to pursue preaching. It's not a matter of pride, but of the value of your reputation and mine is worth a lot to me. It's not worth giving a child a pat on the back because he scored a goal, much as he might deserve it, if the end result is the utter annihilation of my trustworthiness.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    And that is why things have changed. In the old days you held a door open for a lady, that is the way I was raised.

Now - it might be construed as being male chauvinist and implying she can not open the door for herself.

This is like a political correctness gone inside. Humans are personal beings, we need the contact. Kids do also to an extent.

Where is the line drawn? We have all see 'touchy' people and it makes some of us uncomfortable but we tolerate it at times because we know that person means no harm with it.

Molestation of children is UNACCEPTABLE PERIOD.

I firmly believe that bullets are cheap and after a few 'capital' consequences, 85% of these occurrences would cease and then teachers would/could go back to being teachers. Especially since parents these days don't parent.....

This is a bad case, if my daughter came to me with this and she said it was true. I would probably be in jail for beating the living crap out of someone.

My daughter has never lied to me about anything like this so I would have to believe her, so the case made above is valid.

Now, how much does anyone want to bet that the accuser has a history that would make her trustworthiness questionable in the first place?

This is a tough one for sure and valid points are being made except for the bickering and such...

carry on..:popcorn:

It tells me to love you. It says nothing trusting you.

:yesway: REP

Edit: One last thing, since the officer did not investigate properly, what consequences for her/him?

Last edited:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    We have created a culture of panicking, paranoid hysteria when it comes to kids. You can't offer the slightest kindness to any child not your own without opening yourself to attack by someone who sees a child molester behind every blade of grass. We live in a nation where folks will walk around a lost child who's separated from their parent rather than try to help them out, for fear that Chris Hansen is hiding in the bushes with a camera crew.

My cousin forces her 12-year-old son to go to the ladies' room with her because she's terrified that some creep will grab him in the men's room. My mother doesn't want my nephews to go to the playground 50 yards from my brother's back porch by themselves, EVER, for the same reason. Never mind that both situations are going to get mighty weird when the kids are 17 years old, everybody knows that everyone else is a pedophile who hasn't been caught yet.

Top Bottom